'Strange World' Disney's 2022 Animated Film

Ghost93

Apparently Iger's not a fan of extended editions hence why under his regime, Disney movies never got their extended versions released on Blu-Ray or 4K. That's why we never got Pocahontas on Blu-Ray with If I Never Knew You. Same reasons why the Blu-Rays of the Muppet Christmas Carol and Bedknobs and Broomsticks were the theatrical editions. The Lion King lost the Platinum Edition bonus song as well (although that was for the best) and only Beauty and the Beast retained its special edition but I think they got rid of that for the 4K as well.
For many people, the extended cuts of Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Pocahontas and Beauty and the Beast are what they grew up with. Disney should at least make viewing those an option on Disney Plus. It's not that hard!

Especially Bedknobs, which is about 20 minutes longer than the theatrical cut and more in line with what the filmmakers intended.

wtyy21

Strange World has been released at DVD Blu-ray in the UK on February 6. Here's the price of the DVD:
Amazon product ASIN B0BQRFCN1L
And in the DVD release, you may notice the high-pitched version of Disney100 logo.

For non-English dubs, shorter version of the closing logo tends to be true. Here's the video that originally taken from Strange World Portuguese Brazilian dubbing version.

Tony the Tigger

Because there are members of this forum who may well watch Strange World in the months ahead and want to share their thoughts on it. I for one would be interested in what they have to say.
I read this post and said, “What the heck” and finally put it on.

If I didn’t enjoy it, I never would have watched it all the way through. (To wit: Inside Out. Sorry not sorry.)

I didn’t love it like Coco, but it hooked me early and was not a waste of time. Fairly predictable.

Nothing was objectionable, so I can now stand firmly on the side of, “People finding this objectionable have no real basis.”

I can see how certain kinds of people 🤨 would watch the first 10 minutes and say:

1. Interracial couple
2. 3 legged dog
3. Gay kid
4. Asian woman like Star Wars
5. Dad OK with gay kid

And to those people I say, “Welcome to reality.”

And there was plenty of toxic masculinity and humiliating the less obviously masculine guy for the old school Neanderthal viewers.

The “other world” seemed like an underwater, outer space Avataresque thing with some interesting creatures. The environmental message was a bit much and oversimplified, but fine for the kiddies.

Any hoopla over it was silly.

LittleBuford

I read this post and said, “What the heck” and finally put it on.

If I didn’t enjoy it, I never would have watched it all the way through. (To wit: Inside Out. Sorry not sorry.)

I didn’t love it like Coco, but it hooked me early and was not a waste of time. Fairly predictable.

Nothing was objectionable, so I can now stand firmly on the side of, “People finding this objectionable have no real basis.”

I can see how certain kinds of people 🤨 would watch the first 10 minutes and say:

1. Interracial couple
2. 3 legged dog
3. Gay kid
4. Asian woman like Star Wars
5. Dad OK with gay kid

And to those people I say, “Welcome to reality.”

And there was plenty of toxic masculinity and humiliating the less obviously masculine guy for the old school Neanderthal viewers.

The “other world” seemed like an underwater, outer space Avataresque thing with some interesting creatures. The environmental message was a bit much and oversimplified, but fine for the kiddies.

Any hoopla over it was silly.
It was difficult for me to focus on your review after reading your Inside Out revelation. How could you give up on Bing Bong?! I urge you to give it another try!

Ghost93

It was difficult for me to focus on your review after reading your Inside Out revelation. How could you give up on Bing Bong?! I urge you to give it another try!
I really like Inside Out, but Bing Bong was my least favorite part as he seemed like a character specifically designed to make people cry and I thought it was too manipulative.

LittleBuford

I really like Inside Out, but Bing Bong was my least favorite part as he seemed like a character specifically designed to make people cry and I thought it was too manipulative.
He’s definitely meant to pull at the heartstrings (I cry each and every time I watch that scene), but I don’t view that as manipulative. To me, he symbolises that part of your childhood that you inevitably move on from but that, at some deep level, is fundamental to who you are.

TP2000

What I said at the time was true.

What you said at the time was a lie.

You should go stand out on Buena Vista Ave. in Burbank and tell the laid off employees that as they get walked out this month.

"Back in November, these weren't actually going to be layoffs, we were just going to call them staffing reductions! This is fine!"

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You should go stand out on Buena Vista Ave. in Burbank and tell the laid off employees that as they get walked out this month.

"Back in November, these weren't actually going to be layoffs, we were just going to call them staffing reductions! This is fine!"
This would sting me to the core if for a second I thought you cared about any of those laid off.

doctornick

I liked it, but I find Inside Out to be overrated. I feel like a big part of the appeal of it was that it was finally a new concept after Pixar had released a number of sequels, as well as Brave and Good Dinosaur (which was after Inside Out) which are among the worse ever Pixar films. Up to Inside Out was a 6 year gap.

BuddyThomas

You said Burbank again! Hurray!

FD556FF4-D867-4759-9819-659515D96592.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom