Orlando Becoming East Coast Headquarters for Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products

EPCOT-O.G.

Presented without commentary.

He’s a realtor, so some boosterism for the vibrancy of the local real estate market is to be expected. I think this is also the guy that, every few months, signal boosts the EPCOT hotel stuff.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I wonder if there’s any truth to that.
Just me but I trust nothing a realtor says. I want everything from them in writing, under oath and notarized. One who makes Youtube videos about how wonderful a location is maybe less so. That said there may be some truth to what he said as they did move well before any deadline and before ground was broken

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'd guess he's speaking to his experience, but he almost certainly doesn't have each of the people who made the move as one of his clients. I'd have preferred to see the author of the article get at least one other real estate agent in on the conversation.
That and several who have made the move even if off record

WDWFanRay

I wonder if there’s any truth to that.
Since everything on this mornings Realtor feed was about how to respond positively to questions about the Disney pullout, I’m going to say that this story, written by a real estate agent, should probably be taken with a grain of salt. I think very few would cutoff their guaranteed $132,000 (average relocated workers pay) job in California, to gamble to find something similar in Florida, especially with the higher paying jobs starting to dry up here.

MrMichaelJames

I hate to say it but those that moved from CA to FL probably did it more for the political environment in FL compared to CA and because it is something they believe in more than the Disney or job aspect. No one just ups and moves all the way across the country for cost of living issues before a job is actually there.

drizgirl

I hate to say it but those that moved from CA to FL probably did it more for the political environment in FL compared to CA and because it is something they believe in more than the Disney or job aspect. No one just ups and moves all the way across the country for cost of living issues before a job is actually there.
During Covid many did just that.

pdude81

You don't think that transferring (presumably) good jobs to a lower cost of living state when the company is willing to pay for relocation might have factored in? It would be a rather odd route to go get a job in Anaheim if you really wanted to live and work in Florida.

I would say that article might have more to do with a realtor cold calling people he recently got a commission from trying to get them to sell their houses near Orlando, and they told him to take a hike.

Lilofan

FL/GA stateline, law enforcement stopping vehicles with NJ/NY plates from entering the Sunshine State during summer 2020.

Aries1975

I would say that article might have more to do with a realtor cold calling people he recently got a commission from trying to get them to sell their houses near Orlando, and they told him to take a hike.
^^^^
This 100%
I am not a realtor, or in sales of any sort. But if I had a business relationship with someone who may need my services, it would be advisable to contact them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom