Orlando Becoming East Coast Headquarters for Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products

lazyboy97o

Check the archives of WFTV or WESH. They've interviewed business owners lastbyear who had already opened in anticipation of the Imagineering relocation.

Infrastructure and supporting business have absolutely have been built, the planned Disney campus is toast however.

As will be the case for many of these businesses unless Florida can lure someone as large as Disney to Nona now.
Disney wasn’t the pioneer big company building at Lake Nona that would anchor the area.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Check the archives of WFTV or WESH. They've interviewed business owners lastbyear who had already opened in anticipation of the Imagineering relocation.

Infrastructure and supporting business have absolutely have been built, the planned Disney campus is toast however.

As will be the case for many of these businesses unless Florida can lure someone as large as Disney to Nona now.
Who? Where? Please let me know about the business that have been shuttered because of this?

This project has been on hold or in doubt since 2022.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
john travolta hair GIF

Disone

Then why do most analysts peg $DIS between $120 and $140?

Seriously, no. For all his flaws, Iger is 100% in the right here. There is no excuse for retaliating against freedom of speech, and there's no moral equivalency between the two of them. Criticize Iger all you want for other things, but he is making all the right moves when it comes to the stupid fight that DeSantis won't let go.
I will second this. Iger is correct on this one for sure.

Nland316

"...I hope we’re able to do so." -Josh <wink, wink, nudge, nudge>​
I can’t help but think how Josh being directly involved in this situation is CEO prep.

Of course first and foremost it’s Iger making these shots, but Josh’s name and statements have been just as heavily involved due to his Chairman position.. I could see it.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
So by inference you are saying this was a good thing. Right.
I'm neither inferring nor implying anything other than it's a logical, business decision thing. Disney apparently finds it convenient to announce it in the context of their ongoing dispute with the state over ownership of RCID. I find it disingenuous to blame this decision on that dispute.

Last edited by a moderator:

Figgy1

Premium Member
I can’t help but think how Josh being directly involved in this situation is CEO prep.

Of course first and foremost it’s Iger making these shots, but Josh’s name and statements have been just as heavily involved due to his Chairman position.. I could see it.
Maybe
or he tends to play well in the media

I will second this. Iger is correct on this one for sure.
Well maybe today’s news from wall street could put a little damper on these predictions.

Disney (DIS) stock today fell about 2% on the heels of a fresh Wall Street downgrade. Macquarie analyst Tim Noller downgraded shares to Neutral from Outperform, citing declining linear networks, direct to consumer hurdles, and a slowing park’s business.

UCF

RCID was not a tax break for Disney. They paid, and continue to pay, much more in taxes because of RCID. RCID gave Disney control over their land. That is all.

Disney needs to run ads about this fact. Disabuse the public of the governor’s false narrative.
Disney does not pay taxes on land and assets owned by RCID, and if RCID did not exist, Disney would have to own the land, and the assets on the land, so Disney would have to pay property taxes on many, many more assets every year. They also would have to pay normal taxes instead of being able to fund it with tax exempt municipal bonds and the like, just like every other company in the State of Florida has to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikejs78

Premium Member
and if RCID did not exist, Disney would have to own the land, and the assets on the land

This is also not necessarily true. If RCID did not exist, much of this infrastructure probably would have been created by the counties, Disney would have cut deals with the counties to have them build a lot of the infrastructure. Some of it may have been paid for by Disney and then been private, but utilities, through-roads, etc, very well could have been done by the government as is the case with many other parks and businesses in the state.

Stripes

This is a lie, its already been debunked. Disney does not pay taxes on land and assets owned by RCID, and if RCID did not exist, Disney would have to own the land, and the assets on the land, so Disney would have to pay property taxes on many, many more assets every year. They also would have to pay normal taxes instead of being able to fund it with tax exempt municipal bonds and the like, just like every other company in the State of Florida has to do.
Just like the infrastructure that serves the other Orlando theme parks, almost all of the infrastructure that RCID owns would almost certainly be built and maintained by the counties, not Disney.

But, let’s take your hypothetical. Let’s say that all of the infrastructure in RCID was privately-owned by Disney and Disney had to pay property taxes on that land/those assets. Reedy Creek charges 13.9 mills in property taxes on Disney’s property today. That is more than 50% of all property taxes Disney pays on their land (27.5 mills). And Disney already owns about 70% of the land in the district.

Do you think that if Disney owned every piece of land in Reedy Creek and paid property taxes on all land that wasn’t tax-exempt, that it would result in a higher tax bill even if their property tax rate was slashed by over 50%? The math doesn’t compute.

Also, bondholders are charged taxes on corporate bond interest, not the corporations.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom