Orlando Becoming East Coast Headquarters for Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products

Nubs70

What private infrastructure would that be?
Infrastructure funded through RCID issued muni bonds at the behest of WDW. If WDW were to float bonds to fund the infrastructure, WDW would need to put the bond liabilities on WDW books. WDW can fund infrastructure projects without the associated liability being accounted for on WDW financial statements.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Or worse, the other way around. Brian Roberts and Comcast have made no secret that they would love to take over Disney, even trying it in 2004.
If Comcast were to take over Disney, they'd be filing bankruptcy and spinning Disney off once more within 5 years.

At best, if such lunacy were to happen AND it were to survive the antitrust suit, it'd be a merger agreed to by both sides, not a takeover.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
If Comcast were to take over Disney, they'd be filing bankruptcy and spinning Disney off once more within 5 years.

At best, if such lunacy were to happen AND it were to survive the antitrust suit, it'd be a merger agreed to by both sides, not a takeover.
Walt Disney World Theme Parks and Resorts - owned by Elon Musk... including Tesla busses and monorails coming soon

Lilofan

Or worse, the other way around. Brian Roberts and Comcast have made no secret that they would love to take over Disney, even trying it in 2004.
Comcast tried a hostile takeover bid of Disney back in the day. The Disney Board said their offer was too low meaning Disney can be for sale.

Lilofan

I was just visiting Celebration and had a ball walking and riding my bike around town and enjoying the sites and miles & miles of walking trails. can’t believe that town is almost 30 years old. It looks almost the same as it did when I first saw it in 2002. It’s hard to keep a neighborhood looking good in Florida, with all the sun and harsh weather. A resident told me that there are 32 full time gardeners and maintenance people and a full-time sidewalk steam cleaner and a drive-able machine that steam cleans the curbs. Lake Nona is nice, but seems pretty much like any new Central Florida development and it’s too far from everything, especially with traffic. My sister wants to move to Florida and is looking at Lake Nona, but I’m going suggest Celebration to her, as well.
Celebration is nice but venture out onto the main roads of 192 in front of Celebration and its like day and night and see the real and dark side of Kissimmee. You should venture out of Celebration and see for yourself and ask the locals. Check out the movie The Florida Project with Willem Dafoe filmed on location very close to Celebration. Eye opening stuff.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Alan Horn would've been the one who would've caused a new Disney Dark Age, not Iger. And Horn is gone. Gone. The bad man is gone. Chapek's gone, Daniel's gone. Stability is back. And the fundamentals are just fine.

Disney's got a lot of upside from here, and it's going to get better.

Funny you use that Maya Angelou quote but don't actually follow it. Iger has shown us who he is since he entered the company, as a great, calming influence that spurs growth. I believe him.
Ok…now the schtick it getting old. Two clown limit on a thread and we’ve exceeded it

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Celebration is nice but venture out onto the main roads of 192 in front of Celebration and its like day and night and see the real and dark side of Kissimmee. You should venture out of Celebration and see for yourself and ask the locals. Check out the movie The Florida Project with Willem Dafoe filmed on location very close to Celebration. Eye opening stuff.
The Sentinel, Miami Herald and Times have been writing on this for decades

Orlando is not “ghetto” like you want to believe…but it’s low income by design and that brings things the children inside wdw don’t want to acknowledge

And many are saying it has bottomed out, including Cramer who Brayden trots out to support his Chicken Little Disney theories.

If you are underwater because the purchase price for the stock was too high it is easy to miss seeing the opportunities in the current market.

I say it's bottomed and a trader I know at Fidelity agrees, they're picking up DIS on a price play now.
I was off a few months regarding the dividend freeze. The point is that Walt Disney Company is under performing the Dow and it will come to do so. I’ll loose you two up in six months to see your comments regarding the company’s performance and Market price. It should be very interesting!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I chuckle at those who believe $DIS at $95/share is "a bargain". There's still plenty of air to be let out of the Iger-inflated stock balloon. The stock should be around $60/share, all things being equal.

Disney and DeSantis. Aka, Dumb and Dumber. Seriously. Neither seems to be able to get out of the other's way, and the potshots each takes at the other are already old and stale, and quite frankly, they're going to hurt the people far more than each other at this point.

Is Zenia still retired or is she taking consulting gigs? Asking for a friend.

"When Disney CEO Bob Iger was asked about former CEO Bob Chapek, Iger didn't know who they were asking about..."

Who Is That Jeremy Renner GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Cancelling Lake Nona will have nothing but bad ramifications for the Governor since just he cost Orlando $1+ billion in business investment.

The coffee shop and other small businesses who had set up shop in Nona have been robbed of their personal dream by DeSantis, Clarissa, Randy Fine and their kind.
Oh, please -- the company was going to cancel Lake Nona even if Hizzoner and Bob Iger kissed and made up. Costs have soared since the original announcement, and nobody wants to move from California to Hurricane Central.

monothingie

Official Lowerer of $DIS stock price
Premium Member
The coffee shop and other small businesses who had set up shop in Nona have been robbed of their personal dream by DeSantis, Clarissa, Randy Fine and their kind.
You do know that nothing was built yet right?

No one was actually working there to be affected by your completely fabricated sob story. No dreams dashed, no out of business signs hung, nothing.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It allowed RCID to issue loans that the public (the bond bearers floating the loan) that were favored by investors.

But it was still a loan and RCID still had to pay interest on the loan.

All in lieu of borrowing from a bank, which wouldn't have been much trouble for RCID anyway.

And for this favorable 'tax break,' Disney got to shell out money for their own infrastructure instead of it being provided by the county through the taxes they paid to the county. Disney was double taxed. What a tax break!!

I don't know in what world anyone would call taking out a loan and paying interest on the loan a 'tax break.'

because paying for the same thing yourself would have been even more expensive. Municipal project = tax free and lower interest rates = cheaper project

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom