The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

DisQuick

Here is a zoomed in photo from today of a spire without the 50th ribbon. The blue cages that held the gold ribbon in place has left noticeable marks on the castle itself.
IMG_8489.jpeg

yensidtlaw1969

I don't remember which thread it was in or which member posted it, but they did a beautiful rendering of the castle with the gold trim, no pink, and dark blue turrets and it was gorgeous. That's definitely my ideal color scheme.

That couldn't have been my Photoshop, right?

1684042374726.png

Desperately hoping they get some sense into them and reevaluate the Coppertone color scheme. Ideally sooner rather than later, but I'd be willing to be a *little* patient if it meant they got it right this time.

gerarar

Premium Member
Some new modified (never before seen) projections debuted for HEA. This version removes the jabot and swag decorations from the projections, but keeps the ribbons on the spires.

No clue why they even did this as the ribbons are currently in the process of going away, but it's better than nothing I guess. Plus the projections look much cleaner on the castle stone walls now (especially the stained glass scene with all the characters).

Left (last week) / Right (tonight)
20230516_001757.jpg

20230516_002847.jpg

20230516_003317.jpg

20230516_003712.jpg

20230516_003939.jpg

And just to keep track, here are all the different HEA castle projection versions:
  • Regular/original (2017)
  • Ribbons + jabot & swag decorations (early July 2021)
  • Ribbons + jabot & swag + 50th medallion (late July 2021)
  • Ribbons only (May 2023)

Last edited:

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
Some new modified (never before seen) projections debuted for HEA. This version removes the jabot and swag decorations from the projections, but keeps the ribbons on the spires.

No clue why they even did this as the ribbons are currently in the process of going away, but it's better than nothing I guess. Plus the projections look much cleaner on the castle stone walls now (especially the stained glass scene with all the characters).

Left (last week) / Right (tonight)
View attachment 716686
View attachment 716691
View attachment 716688
View attachment 716689
View attachment 716690

And just to keep track, here are all the different HEA castle projection versions:
  • Regular/original (2017)
  • Ribbons + jabot & swag decorations (early July 2021)
  • Ribbons + jabot & swag + 50th medallion (late July 2021)
  • Ribbons only (May 2023)
Interesting that they kept the ribbons on the front/center two towers given that they're now gone

Bocabear

I am sure ready for the pale gray and white again...I think they are going to leave this though...It was always my fear that they would... You would think the painting would be done with the decor removal.... though I am sure everyone is tired of seeing construction equipment at the Disney World Parks...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom