The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

Brian

Oh there's a possibility. Is there a likelihood is probably what you really need to ask.
Based on the limited information I've heard, I'd be betting more on next year than this one, but you never know. The decision as to whether to bring them back at all, however, is still outstanding.

TTA94

The moat doesn’t really matter. If the crane were going to stay for a full repainting, I’d agree.

Ahh that’s right, I forgot they didn’t need to drain the moat to install the lights. But still while they have the cranes there it would make sense to install the lights, if of course their going to this year.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Walls are apparently up behind the castle today for the crane needed to remove the gold ribbons from the turrets.

1683578967898.png

photo by Art F. Eshel

Brian

The old hub full of trees was so much better than what exists now, both aesthetically and from a guest comfort standpoint.

Except for at fireworks time, of course. I hate that became more important than all other operating hours.
💯

Just look at how objectively better the hub and castle looked with trees. Prune them back a bit, maybe, but removing them was such a disappointment.

4189818832_ff5d4d4dfe_b.jpg

Last edited:

James Alucobond

I actually kind of like the manicured courtyard look with the topiaries, and honestly, I feel like they let the original trees get away from them after a while. What doesn't really work for me compared to opening day are the stage and the extra turrets. It was much better when the former just didn't exist, and the turrets are where I wouldn't mind seeing some additional larger trees instead.

Bocabear

The trees gave such a lovely sense of scale to the park...Made the castle look further away on Main Street, created the visual barrier of the transition into the worlds of fantasy... The Castle shows and projection shows everyone loves are just not possible with them though...
So... no trees for you! lol

drizgirl

The trees gave such a lovely sense of scale to the park...Made the castle look further away on Main Street, created the visual barrier of the transition into the worlds of fantasy... The Castle shows and projection shows everyone loves are just not possible with them though...
So... no trees for you! lol
The place loses more charm with the loss of every tree.

bmr1591

The trees look nice, but Disney cares more that you get that perfect picture to put on socials so your friends will get FOMO and begin planning their trip.

Bocabear

The place loses more charm with the loss of every tree.
Well...not only the trees, but the floral gardens and the special touches that are now long gone. Tomorrowland Entrance looks terrible...The Adventureland Entrance has lost most all of it's charm with bridge widening over the years and the removal of the gas jet torches... They need to make these two portals look spectacular again... The park as a whole just seems to be devolving....

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
Well...not only the trees, but the floral gardens and the special touches that are now long gone. Tomorrowland Entrance looks terrible...The Adventureland Entrance has lost most all of it's charm with bridge widening over the years and the removal of the gas jet torches... They need to make these two portals look spectacular again... The park as a whole just seems to be devolving....
Plus Fantasyland, (hot take incoming) has lost a lot of its charm with New Fantasyland. I think Fantasy Faire was poorly done and the removal of Toontown Fair/the old Mickey's Birthdayland was a huge mistake. I hate almost everything about New Fantasyland except for the Tangled restrooms and the BATB area.

aladdin2007

Plus Fantasyland, (hot take incoming) has lost a lot of its charm with New Fantasyland. I think Fantasy Faire was poorly done and the removal of Toontown Fair/the old Mickey's Birthdayland was a huge mistake. I hate almost everything about New Fantasyland except for the Tangled restrooms and the BATB area.
Agree, Taking away an entire land to expand a land was not a good move, it was just more walmarting. Toontown Fair while nothing major, was charming in its own way and kind of a unique area. It was nice that each Magic Kingdom had its own version, except Disneyland Paris never did I guess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom