News Morocco Pavilion redevelopment

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
My theory is that they degrade the quality slowly... one thing at a time... so when they announce the total retheme of the area to Agrabah, everyone says "oh wow! This is so nice! What an improvement!"

LittleBuford

My theory is that they degrade the quality slowly... one thing at a time... so when they announce the total retheme of the area to Agrabah, everyone says "oh wow! This is so nice! What an improvement!"
That isn’t going to happen. I really hate what they’ve done to the pavilion, but there’s no sense indulging in this kind of farfetched conspiracy theory.

James Alucobond

This isn’t uniquely poor. It’s right in line with stuff like the expansion of the France Pavilion.
That's an entirely new area. The other updates around the pavilions have generally maintained or improved on existing quality, as with the repainting of the Canadian chateau, Enoteca Castello, the Tea Caddy, et al; the re-roofing in Norway and Japan; the upgraded wine and gelato stands in Italy; the enhanced pavement that extends out into the promenade for each area; the refreshed bathrooms; etc. This is one of the few things that has felt like a straight downgrade during the general light refresh happening across World Showcase.

But yes, stuff like the cut-outs, the backstage views, the weird proportions, and the awful interior of the creperie are not great in the France expansion.

Fsunolekrw

This might have already been stated but the sad part is they really easily, given the resources they have available, could have brought Moroccan artists over for a couple of weeks along with raw materials produced over there to make the repairs. It is a shame what they have done.

LittleBuford

Agreed - some of the choices in the Italy pavilion looked like downgrade to me as well.
I don't think there's another pavilion in which they've ripped out actual authentic craftsmanship, executed to the highest standards by artisans using centuries-old techniques, and replaced it with stuff you might find in Home Depot.

Yes, this is uniquely, egregiously poor.

aladdin2007

I doubt they've noticed or cared about any criticism, and chances are the materials, budget and labor for the project was already finalized some time ago.
While I received the general form letter back from guest relations, the first paragraph stated something like while I may not agree with decisions they make they are always for a reason.... They bounce it back to the guest now as if your in the wrong. Just like the way josh blamed the consumer for the star wars hotel failing. TDO and company are at an all new low. I got the impression though it was written by some intern who knew nothing and or this is the way they are being trained.

Last edited:

LittleBuford

Oh it was definitely finalized a while ago, but fixing the tiles would be a very minor expense and an easy change.
It would probably cost them a fair bit at this stage to have new zellij of comparable quality installed. But it’s an expense they can and should bear. All this could have been avoided had they simply kept the existing tiles, which were absolutely salvageable. The whole debacle is just shameful.

UNCgolf

It would probably cost them a fair bit at this stage to have new zellij of comparable quality installed. But it’s an expense they can and should bear. All this could have been avoided had they simply kept the existing tiles, which were absolutely salvageable. The whole debacle is just shameful.

When I said very minor, I meant relatively minor.

It would be a drop in the bucket from a Disney budget standpoint.

donaldtoo

At this point Disney should just remove all references to it being the Morocco pavilion

Good God.
This is just sick on top of sick with extra sick sauce, at this point.
These certifiable freaks have to be doing this on purpose, just to mess with those of us that know better.
The next “Morocco” tile they restore will probably have Hidden Mickey’s……. 🤪

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom