Jared Leto confirms new Tron movie!

Tha Realest

Aren’t you one of the people who harp on budgets and box office? She’s not a draw, Tron isn’t a draw. This is a waste of money, pure and simple.
She’s not apparently in the principal cast. She likely comes very cheap. I am not a fan of this production but I am of her. supporting characters need not all be draws.

In an ideal world, Disney would’ve kept the option to bring back Kosinski (Top Gun Maverick), built on the promise of Cillian Murphy’s character teased in Legacy, and gotten Daft Punk out of retirement.

Phroobar

Olivia Wilde too old for this this. If they did an all girl TRON movie, they would just suck any attraction out of the characters and we would be left with The Marvels.

iu
iu

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Olivia Wilde too old for this this. If they did an all girl TRON movie, they would just suck any attraction out of the characters and we would be left with The Marvels.

iu
iu

She is not too old. Also there is no need to worry they are not doing an all-girl Tron movie just like they aren’t doing an all-girl Rey movie. So you guys can relax, it’ll be ok.

doctornick

If this snippet is to be believed this won't take place in the Grid, but rather primarily in the real world -

"Disney has confirmed the pic will follow Leto as Ares, a fictional character who crosses over from the world of videogames to planet Earth."

So she probably won't have to wear a light suit.

If the movie takes place largely in "the real world" then it's a fail IMHO. The interesting aspect of Tron is the Grid and the worldbuilding (and aesthetics, etc) there. There's nothing particularly engaging about ENCOM or the human characters and their lives.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
If the movie takes place largely in "the real world" then it's a fail IMHO. The interesting aspect of Tron is the Grid and the worldbuilding (and aesthetics, etc) there. There's nothing particularly engaging about ENCOM or the human characters and their lives.
Given that Legacy ended with Quorra in the real world it was inevitable that any new story there after would also have programs (or ISO’s) jumping into real world.

DKampy

iu
iu
What does it matter if it is an all girl movie or all boy movie or girl/boy movie as long as it is a good movie

Tha Realest

I loved Westworld.

The show completely collapsed the more they placed it in the real world vs the simulation.

Same with LOST. Island stuff great, off island - outside of the contextual flashbacks - bad.

erasure fan1

Aren’t you one of the people who harp on budgets and box office? She’s not a draw, Tron isn’t a draw. This is a waste of money, pure and simple.
The problem is everything seems like a waste of money right now for Disney. That's what happens when every budget is a blockbuster tent pole budget. Tron has a following but not a following that would warrant a $200mil plus budget. I'm not saying it will be 200+, but if it is, I agree, will lose money. This all comes down to budget. If they can keep it to 130mil tops, there's a chance. That would give it a 300mil break even point. Now am I confident that Disney can keep this budget reasonable? Not really.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom