News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

gorillaball

As much as I generally complain about Disney replacing rides instead of adding -- I'd have been okay with replacing RNRC with Guardians. Or building Guardians elsewhere at DHS and replacing RNRC with some new attraction.

RNRC is due for an overhaul at the very least anyways.
Why replace or overhaul a ride that is still very popular and chews through lots of paying customers? Invest $ in new, not redo of old quality rides.

doctornick

Yes but you have to admit you are the minority in this case. It doesn't churn through 1500-1700 per hour with an hour wait common because it's widely viewed as a bad ride.

Journey Into Imagination... 🎯

Yep, Journey into Imagination is the only ride in all of WDW that I would argue needs to be replaced simply because it is not "good enough" and would benefit from a new ride taking over the space. (In this particular case, something more similar to the original ride.)

Other rides might benefit from refurbishments or slight tinkering ("plussing" especially) but do not need to be changed. Money would be better spent adding new rides than replacing existing ones.

UNCgolf

Yep, Journey into Imagination is the only ride in all of WDW that I would argue needs to be replaced simply because it is not "good enough" and would benefit from a new ride taking over the space. (In this particular case, something more similar to the original ride.)

Other rides might benefit from refurbishments or slight tinkering ("plussing" especially) but do not need to be changed. Money would be better spent adding new rides than replacing existing ones.

Finding Nemo. It's a very poor attraction that's almost always a walk-on and is a horrific misuse of the space. There's an aquarium there just behind curtains, after all. It is admittedly a bit different, though, in that it doesn't really need to be replaced as much as it just needs to be eliminated and let the aquarium tunnel just be an aquarium tunnel again.

It says something about how badly Disney has bungled EPCOT over the years that those two attractions are almost next to each other.

Last edited:

doctornick

Finding Nemo. It's a very poor attraction that's almost always a walk-on and is a horrific misuse of the space. There's an aquarium there just behind curtains, after all.

It says something about how badly Disney has bungled EPCOT over the years that those two attractions are almost next to each other.

I personally don't agree. I think the ride is okay as is, but could just use some love and attention - like making sure the anglerfish is always working and maybe buffing up the projections into the real tank of water. I think it is a walk on more of a function of a very high capacity and being tucked away in a corner. After the early mornings, few people walk by that area unless they are making a very deliberate point to do so. Hopefully JoW might draw some more folks to that general area.

To me, Imagination is the only ride where I would say "they need to tear this down and start all over".

UNCgolf

I personally don't agree. I think the ride is okay as is, but could just use some love and attention - like making sure the anglerfish is always working and maybe buffing up the projections into the real tank of water. I think it is a walk on more of a function of a very high capacity and being tucked away in a corner. After the early mornings, few people walk by that area unless they are making a very deliberate point to do so. Hopefully JoW might draw some more folks to that general area.

To me, Imagination is the only ride where I would say "they need to tear this down and start all over".

There are a lot of people that skip the ride entirely and just go straight to the aquarium -- the last time I was there it looked like at least 75% were walking around and going into the aquarium rather than get on the ride. The general public doesn't seem to enjoy it.

There's also the important consideration that it's worse than if it didn't exist at all, because the aquarium tunnel was more interesting. They could build a new, actually decent Nemo attraction elsewhere (either attached to the Seas or at Animal Kingdom) instead.

Plus, they also could have a built a much better Nemo attraction in that space -- one that would have fit EPCOT and made use of the aquarium throughout instead of just covering it up. I think all things considered it's among the worst rides Disney has ever built, not quite as bad as current Imagination but not too much better.

Last edited:

Incomudro

I love the Nemo ride.
I had many great times with my son's on that ride.
My son Jack would insist that he sat next to me, and our son Dean sit next to my wife as we rode it year after year from the time they were six.
We made an annual habit of eating at Coral Reef on the first nights of our vacation, followed by a ride on Nemo and time spent in the aquarium.
Well, just about two months ago - my son Jack now age 21 - went to WDW on his own with his girlfriend.
He booked Coral Reef as their first nights dinner, followed by a ride on Nemo and time spent in the aquarium.
I think if a person doesn't like the Nemo ride, perhaps they never experienced it through a little kids eyes.

UNCgolf

I love the Nemo ride.
I had many great times with my son's on that ride.
My son Jack would insist that he sat next to me, and our son Dean sit next to my wife as we rode it year after year from the time they were six.
We made an annual habit of eating at Coral Reef on the first nights of our vacation, followed by a ride on Nemo and time spent in the aquarium.
Well, just about two months ago - my son Jack now age 21 - went to WDW on his own with his girlfriend.
He booked Coral Reef as their first nights dinner, followed by a ride on Nemo and time spent in the aquarium.
I think if a person doesn't like the Nemo ride, perhaps they never experienced it through a little kids eyes.

That's not really a good way to judge an attraction (and even there, Nemo apparently doesn't rate as highly as other Disney attractions for small kids).

Plenty of little kids like the current Imagination attraction too.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

Did they just open something a few weeks ago kinda themed to an old movie or something? Seems I saw a thread once here in the magic but I just can't seem to find it any longer......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom