Mobile stages coming to Star Wars - A Galaxy Far, Far, Away

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
69CCCBF5-3F43-4C26-8737-16D1DC56769A.jpeg
FAF95DAD-F684-47A2-97C5-8AAB0A450233.jpeg
A5B96C36-CE79-49B8-BD68-295C18E3F1E0.jpeg
They’re less deep but much longer from side to side. 3 mobile stages in total connected by small bridges.

Jones14

Wish they'd just do away with stages completely in the hub of the park. Just do a Star Wars parade, why the need for a costume show?
Well, a parade would require the use of Star Wars-themed floats, of which Disney has made one (I think? The X-Wing is all that comes to mind), and would further clog up the entryway with crowds.

This draws people into the hub and fits into a much smaller budget.

Kman101

Well, a parade would require the use of Star Wars-themed floats, of which Disney has made one (I think? The X-Wing is all that comes to mind), and would further clog up the entryway with crowds.

This draws people into the hub and fits into a much smaller budget.

But the stage is ugly :joyfull:

I get why they do it how they do it. I'm just not a fan.

Kman101

At least the new one’s nicer-looking? Lol

I’m not a fan, either. It’s very awkward to watch them all just stand there.

lol I suppose that's true.

It is awkward. I get the idea behind it, let guests get a glimpse of all these characters and parade them on stage for a photo op. It just seems a bit lazy in terms of entertainment. I'm sure it's much cheaper than a parade. Heck, they could just have the characters walk down Hollywood and turn to Star Tours and they don't even need floats. Guests could follow and watch them parade on the Jedi Training stage. But I guess I get wanting it at the center of the park.

Oh well. Hopefully they cease use of the stage once Star Wars Land opens and they can parade the characters around there.

jrhwdw

Glad they're finally ready! If anyone has nothing to do in DHS tonight, see how soon after the last Far, Far Away the stages roll put. That should be a sight, seeing them roll down Hollywood or over to Star Tours.

ToTBellHop

Glad they're finally ready! If anyone has nothing to do in DHS tonight, see how soon after the last Far, Far Away the stages roll put. That should be a sight, seeing them roll down Hollywood or over to Star Tours.
Please. Everyone in DHS has nothing to do.

I am also expecting accurate readings on how long it takes the new paint applied on Sunset Blvd. to dry.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
It's well done but is all this really necessary just to parade Star Wars characters on stage a few times a day?
We saw them just walking on the pavement this year. It worked for me just as well as the “fashion show” from the year before.

Kman101

We saw them just walking on the pavement this year. It worked for me just as well as the “fashion show” from the year before.

Yeah, walking works just the same. Parade them down Hollywood, turn them to Star Tours and parade them on the Jedi stage. I know they want it in the center of the park but I don't think it's necessary. I mean, I'm glad if there's going to be a stage it gets taken in at night, but it just seems like a lot of effort to just parade characters on the stage for a photo op.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom