Geyser Point Bar and Grill now open at Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort

I am Timmy

The food listed is a quick service credit, it shows it on the Disney site. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/wilderness-lodge-resort/geyser-point/#

But this food listed in the lounge menu won't be dining plan eligible at all, only the quick service breakfast, lunch and dinner.

The waffle fry portions look tiny though :( https://twitter.com/Mousesteps/status/831226581934809088
Thank you so much! I checked out the links, you made this so much easier. That is thoroughly disappointing, lots of people say the bison burger was dry and you get a tiny portion of fries? Maybe I'll pass, I've heard good things about burgers at Disney Springs........

Jon81uk

Thank you so much! I checked out the links, you made this so much easier. That is thoroughly disappointing, lots of people say the bison burger was dry and you get a tiny portion of fries? Maybe I'll pass, I've heard good things about burgers at Disney Springs........

D-Luxe burgers at Disney Springs was great, I really enjoyed that burger. QS credit only gets burger and drink though, you need to use a snack for the fries. But Blaze Pizza was the best thing we ate at Disney Springs, great pizza with exactly the topping you want.

I am Timmy

D-Luxe burgers at Disney Springs was great, I really enjoyed that burger. QS credit only gets burger and drink though, you need to use a snack for the fries. But Blaze Pizza was the best thing we ate at Disney Springs, great pizza with exactly the topping you want.
OMG - that's the one for me. Thanks for the names of the places, I was just going to start looking for the burger place! My kids will LOVE the pizza joint, their in college so it's pretty much all they eat. So excited!

Biff215

Im really surprised the Deluxe resorts don't have pool servers for food and drinks. I never noticed that until someone mentioned it on this thread
YC/BC do at Stormalong Bay (at least in summer). I rarely use them for drinks but always order lunch from them. Beats leaving the pool/chair to stand along the walkway in a bathing suit waiting for food!

Is this the only place they're offered?

21stamps

YC/BC do at Stormalong Bay (at least in summer). I rarely use them for drinks but always order lunch from them. Beats leaving the pool/chair to stand along the walkway in a bathing suit waiting for food!

Is this the only place they're offered?
Is this new? I haven't stayed at Yacht club since 2009, but stayed several times prior to that and never noticed them. This could push me to stay there again!

WDW1974

I thought all Resort pool bars and quick service locations fall under the "20%".
Would be really strange if this one doesn't.

No, none of them. Pool bars, I mean. I believe all QSRs at MK resorts do offer the 20% deal. I have gotten it everywhere but Grand Flo, but that locale was closed for renovation on my last visit.

Biff215

Is this new? I haven't stayed at Yacht club since 2009, but stayed several times prior to that and never noticed them. This could push me to stay there again!
No, definitely not new. We typically stay at BCV for our summer trips, going back at least 5-6 years now. I don't ever remember not seeing them. Usually there's two of them roaming. I see them mostly on the YC side, although I'm sure they aren't restricted to that area. It really is a great service, and well worth the tip.

21stamps

No, none of them. Pool bars, I mean. I believe all QSRs at MK resorts do offer the 20% deal. I have gotten it everywhere but Grand Flo, but that locale was closed for renovation on my last visit.
I got the 20% at both of the pool bars at the Grand Floridian.
I didn't realize that the rest didn't offer it as well.
No, definitely not new. We typically stay at BCV for our summer trips, going back at least 5-6 years now. I don't ever remember not seeing them. Usually there's two of them roaming. I see them mostly on the YC side, although I'm sure they aren't restricted to that area. It really is a great service, and well worth the tip.
I'm not sure if they existed back then or not, but either way I definitely never noticed it. Good to know! I'm planning on staying at the Epcot resorts again eventually..this might speed that up. ;)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
So on the still sealed dock area side of geyser point where it looks like the landscaping goes right to the water...am I spying in the water up against land a concrete retaining wall? I have been looking at that and the cabins being built and wondering for the new builds how they were going to deal with trying to Gator proof those areas close to the lake and Geyser along with the new Cabins that are dang close to the lake. I can't quite get a close enough look from the photo's or videos but at first blush...did they deal with the Gators proactively with concrete disguised retaining walls? :confused:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Do you have to be staying at the resort in order to eat at this location? Would be a great option to get away from the MK for a peaceful break from the afternoon crowds.
We do that at many of the resorts now especially on days when we are park hopping. Lunch we will often while hopping parks stop at the Grand Flo or Contempo for A/C, zero lines for their QS. At night often at the Poly for Ohana or Kona. We've even done Capt Cooks for breakfast prior to the former train/welcome in the morning. We will eat, snack and drink the Boardwalk, or cross the bridge to TS dine at Beach or Yacht between hops of the Studios and Epcot. Wilderness Lodge is another that is just a simple boat ride from the MK. Depending on how climate control is handled at Geyser in the warmer sticky months it could be a place to hit on before night EMH for the MK.

I'm sure outside visitors could get to it, but why wouldn't people just go back to their own resort and enjoy their own resort's amenities so that the people paying WL's inflated room rates can enjoy this amenity attached to their resort...?

Decades ago we did just that. I can't say I blame Disney for guests initially visiting other resorts, bars and restaurants. Believe that is more on social media and fan inspired non-official type of tour books followed up now with blogs and vlogs of where else to go. Sure Disney is capitalizing on how educated the resort guests have become, pushing it even with the ADRs but I can't say Disney was the one that threw the resort exploring into their WDW business model.They have actually had to modify many of the restaurants and lounges for the non resort guests and some cult type followings some of the lounges started dealing with, even removing very popular performers from resort lounges because of 'followers' hanging all night and resort guests being miffed. Again not the original intent of Disney. Where I never hopped around for meals or lounges years ago I do it now. But then again when my kids were small pool hopping was allowed and we did do that back then.

Next Big Thing

Maybe it is because my first thought of pool waiters is bikini clad girls pushing guys to order huge buckets of beers in Vegas. I'm sure there is a more family friendly version but my memories have been tainted by Vegas!
Universal's hotels do it and it's fine. Hell, the Grand Californian does it!

bunnyman

I'm not sure if anyone posted yet, but what is to become of Trout Pass Pool Bar? When we were down there in August the bartenders were unsure of that location's future given the proximity to Geyser Point, however, they did note that the building will have to remain in some form as it houses the pump equipment for the main pool.

Last edited:

Jon81uk

I'm not sure if anyone posted yet, but what is to become of Trout Pass Pool Bar? When we were down there in August the bartenders were unsure of that location's future given the proximity to Geyser Point, however, the did not that the building will have to remain in some form as it houses the pump equipment for the main pool.

I've seen conflicting reports, some blogs are saying permanent closure, others say it will re-open. I think it is still needed as Geyser Point is still a moderate distance from the pool. Also Geyser Point doesn't feel like a pool bar, I wouldn't really go there dripping wet from the pool.

21stamps

I'm not sure if anyone posted yet, but what is to become of Trout Pass Pool Bar? When we were down there in August the bartenders were unsure of that location's future given the proximity to Geyser Point, however, they did note that the building will have to remain in some form as it houses the pump equipment for the main pool.
And restrooms!

aladdin2007

Will they allow you to park at the lodge to dine at geyser point? the last several months there have been signs out front saying you cant park here unless you have a reservation, but that restaurant doesn't take reservations. Has anyone tried recently? thanks. were local and visited resorts often for dining but its becoming increasingly difficult propertyu wide without a specific reservation.

Mark P.

Will they allow you to park at the lodge to dine at geyser point? the last several months there have been signs out front saying you cant park here unless you have a reservation, but that restaurant doesn't take reservations. Has anyone tried recently? thanks. were local and visited resorts often for dining but its becoming increasingly difficult propertyu wide without a specific reservation.
I would assume that they'll handle it the same way that they handle drive-up guests at every other resort: it'll depend on crowd levels property-wide and capacity at that property that particular day. I can't imagine they'll treat Geyser Point visitors any differently than Trader Sam's or Crews Cup (just to name a couple).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom