Geyser Point Bar and Grill now open at Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort

meganwdw

Am I right that there's also going to be a new TS location added? We're staying at WL for the first time in October and looking forward to trying the new additions!

Jae99

Do you have to be staying at the resort in order to eat at this location? Would be a great option to get away from the MK for a peaceful break from the afternoon crowds.

21stamps

Do you have to be staying at the resort in order to eat at this location? Would be a great option to get away from the MK for a peaceful break from the afternoon crowds.
It says it's in the pool area, so I would think so. But, I could be wrong.

NYwdwfan

It says it's in the pool area, so I would think so. But, I could be wrong.

I doubt that they would prevent someone from eating there. I've not checked to be sure, but the Poly has their QS and the dole whips in the "pool area", and anyone can get food there. The only restrictions to the pool areas I've seen at the deluxe resorts is the gate around the pool itself. Even at Coronado, the food service is outside of the pool gates, but still very much in the pool area. Anyone could eat there, if they wanted to.

I've eaten at Hurricane Hanna's (Beach Club pool QS) when staying at the Boardwalk - the gate to check wristbands is beyond where you order food and there are tables both inside and outside of that gate.

21stamps

I doubt that they would prevent someone from eating there. I've not checked to be sure, but the Poly has their QS and the dole whips in the "pool area", and anyone can get food there. The only restrictions to the pool areas I've seen at the deluxe resorts is the gate around the pool itself. Even at Coronado, the food service is outside of the pool gates, but still very much in the pool area. Anyone could eat there, if they wanted to.
But Poly's actual pool bar is inside the gate. Same with GF..at the Courtyard Pool anyway. It sounds like this one is outside of the gate though, so that's a good thing! I always just assumed that we weren't allowed to go to other pool bars under the "no hopping" rule. Good to know!
ETA- I just googled it and read an article on Disney Food Blog. Apparently Barefoot Pool Bar has outside (of the fence) seating as well. I never noticed that!!!
Definitely wish I would have realized that people are allowed to pool bar hop..lol

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I'm sure outside visitors could get to it, but why wouldn't people just go back to their own resort and enjoy their own resort's amenities so that the people paying WL's inflated room rates can enjoy this amenity attached to their resort...?

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I'm sure outside visitors could get to it, but why wouldn't people just go back to their own resort and enjoy their own resort's amenities so that the people paying WL's inflated room rates can enjoy this amenity attached to their resort...?

Disney will just have to keep raising menu and drink prices until all the poor people simply avoid Geyser Point. Win-win.

21stamps

It's a shock to me..I didn't know that pool bar hopping was a "thing". Seems to defeat the purpose of a no pool hopping rule. That said, after renting a boat at Poly (our marina was closed).. I would have taken advantage of a delicious beverage had I known that I was allowed.lol.

Grimley1968

Yes, this is the new pool bar.
Not sure I'm understanding ... if the current/old pool bar closes, WL guests enjoying the main pool who want a drink will have to go all the way around the south wing of WL, onto a pathway and then all the way over to this place? Also I hope the take out window is on the side closest to the main pool. Not sure I'd want to traipse into the middle of that nice restaurant with wet swim clothes.

Laketravis

That looks like it could be a fun place.

It's a shock to me..I didn't know that pool bar hopping was a "thing". Seems to defeat the purpose of a no pool hopping rule. That said, after renting a boat at Poly (our marina was closed).. I would have taken advantage of a delicious beverage had I known that I was allowed.lol.

Silly wabbit. Disney isn't going to put any barricades in the way of your money and places to spend it. Ever. But yeah, pool bar hopping can make for a pretty enjoyable experience outside of the parks.

Grimley1968

I updated this page with a map of the location if anyone isn't quite clear where it is.

Geyser Point Bar and Grill now open at Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort

Whew. The previous post had me worried. But the placement of this place looks to be practically next to where Trout Pass was. A bit longer of a walk, but not too bad, and it should be an easy walk from the new pool under construction as well.

For some reason I thought this place was further away from the main WL building.

ABQ

Is this an all outdoor restaurant with just a roof, but no walls? It looks like there are heaters up on the beams and fans, bot no airconditioning? Does that make sense in the Florida weather?
Quoting this as I have the same question and don't see it answered yet. But I think it may be open air, at least outside of the most extreme cold days as it is now the only pool bar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom