Geyser Point Bar and Grill now open at Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort

Jae99

I'm sure outside visitors could get to it, but why wouldn't people just go back to their own resort and enjoy their own resort's amenities so that the people paying WL's inflated room rates can enjoy this amenity attached to their resort...?
Because I would rather take a nice boat ride to WL and eat here for the same or less than what it would cost to eat at a QS location in the MK. I could be to WL much quicker than some of the further away resorts.

ToTBellHop

That's actually not too convenient to the pool. Can't order a drink while my kid is going down the slide...I didn't realize that the other bar was closing. They need to start hiring servers for the pool area.lol
Wonder what they will do with the existing bar facility. It's very cool, architecturally.

note2001

That's actually not too convenient to the pool. Can't order a drink while my kid is going down the slide...I didn't realize that the other bar was closing. They need to start hiring servers for the pool area.lol
They'll do it if they think there's money in it.

We have heard that Trout Pass Bar is being refurbished, but does anyone know what it is to become?

21stamps

They'll do it if they think there's money in it.

We have heard that Trout Pass Bar is being refurbished, but does anyone know what it is to become?
If the Trout Pass Pool Bar doesn't open back up.. then everyone should email Wilderness Lodge to implement servers. I'm not even joking. There should always be a bar with a direct line of sight to the pool..or someone to order drinks and food from! :)

@MansionButler84 Same! I hope it doesn't go away completely. There will be 2 pools..so two pool bars should make sense.

Last edited:

WDW1974

Quoting this as I have the same question and don't see it answered yet. But I think it may be open air, at least outside of the most extreme cold days as it is now the only pool bar.

This very much worries me. If it is open air year round, then it is an incredibly stupid design decision. They literally built this food and beverage facility on a lake in the swamps. I can see having the ability to open doors/walls on lovely crisp February days. but pretty much nine months a year you will not want this ... much like making the castle a centerpiece and setpiece for nightly shows, no one seems to take common sense operational issues into anything Disney does anymore. Yup. I sure want to eat that $12.49 burger on a sticky, buggy, August night in an open air facility.

Hey, @wdwmagic ... is this indeed the case? ... And do you know if they are honoring the 20% AP discount they just started offering at Roaring Fork since that location is now closed?

21stamps

This very much worries me. If it is open air year round, then it is an incredibly stupid design decision. They literally built this food and beverage facility on a lake in the swamps. I can see having the ability to open doors/walls on lovely crisp February days. but pretty much nine months a year you will not want this ... much like making the castle a centerpiece and setpiece for nightly shows, no one seems to take common sense operational issues into anything Disney does anymore. Yup. I sure want to eat that $12.49 burger on a sticky, buggy, August night in an open air facility.

Hey, @wdwmagic ... is this indeed the case? ... And do you know if they are honoring the 20% AP discount they just started offering at Roaring Fork since that location is now closed?
I thought all Resort pool bars and quick service locations fall under the "20%".
Would be really strange if this one doesn't.

Jon81uk

There will still be an indoor bar/lounge, two indoor table service restaurants and (following the refurbishment) an indoor quick service location. Plenty of options if you don't want to sit outside. Similarly at the Polynesian you have the option of sitting outside on the Terrace or going inside Trader Sams.

The Geyser Point building looks quite big so I'm not sure what is being done with the rest (I think I read Community Hall in part of it) but maybe they could have done part indoor seating as well. But as it stands it adds a new option without taking away the others (except for a few months while Roaring Fork is refurbished).

MagicHappens1971

Doesn't always feel very family friendly though.
I thought quite the opposite though. What if your sitting by the pool and you have little kids in the pool and you want a little snack, a drink (not even just alcoholic ones) or food, you'd have to make your kids get out of the pool, which is a long process with little ones, and drag them over to a table and sit down. In my opinion, I just think it'd be nice to have the option to order food and drink to your poolside chair.

21stamps

Im really surprised the Deluxe resorts don't have pool servers for food and drinks. I never noticed that until someone mentioned it on this thread
Yep.
But everywhere else we stay on vacation has them..I don't think it makes it less family friendly.
I thought quite the opposite though. What if your sitting by the pool and you have little kids in the pool and you want a little snack, a drink (not even just alcoholic ones) or food, you'd have to make your kids get out of the pool, which is a long process with little ones, and drag them over to a table and sit down. In my opinion, I just think it'd be nice to have the option to order food and drink to your poolside chair.
This. It's not just about alcoholic beverages.. a snack, a smoothie, a water, lunch etc. It's convenient, and why drag the kids out of the pool to wait in line and then wait for food. And...why make me get out of my chair ;)

COProgressFan

I'm sure outside visitors could get to it, but why wouldn't people just go back to their own resort and enjoy their own resort's amenities so that the people paying WL's inflated room rates can enjoy this amenity attached to their resort...?

In all seriousness, not being snarky ... haven't you ever eaten a meal or walked the grounds at a hotel/resort you're not staying at? We do this all the time, whether at WDW or elsewhere. In many places, this is actively encouraged ... essentially anywhere where there are lots of hotels nearby in a city or somewhere with a boardwalk, etc. Resorts want your money whether it comes from their current overnight guests or not, and very often it's a way to window-shop hotels for future trips.

That is one of the main reasons the potential for fees for parking at resorts at WDW is so upsetting. I know there are rule breakers who cheat to get free theme park parking, but it really changes the nature of the WDW experience that's been going on for the past 45 years when you wall off each resort like a fortress.

Spectro

This lounge looks very nice. Somewhere you can really chill out, but I imagine it will be really really busy. I think it's an excellent well designed addition to WL. Menu looks really good. This has sparked my interest in trying WL and moving it up a notch on my to stay at resort list. Maybe one Christmas stay in the future ...

csmat99

What isn't family friendly about it? Adults drink adult beverages. No one is talking about them serving beer buckets like in Vegas.

Oh no, I just gave Disney another way to make a lot of money. :banghead:

csmat99

Whew. The previous post had me worried. But the placement of this place looks to be practically next to where Trout Pass was. A bit longer of a walk, but not too bad, and it should be an easy walk from the new pool under construction as well.

For some reason I thought this place was further away from the main WL building.
It is a far walk from main pool. This pool bar will be much closer to the Villas new pool. I would think they would keep the old bar open but that would make too much sense.

Adding picture to show how much closer this is to new villas pool then main one.

NewVWLPoolDM_1-1024x728.png

Last edited:

Jon81uk

What isn't family friendly about it? Adults drink adult beverages. No one is talking about them serving beer buckets like in Vegas.

Oh no, I just gave Disney another way to make a lot of money. :banghead:

Maybe it is because my first thought of pool waiters is bikini clad girls pushing guys to order huge buckets of beers in Vegas. I'm sure there is a more family friendly version but my memories have been tainted by Vegas!

I am Timmy

This is gorgeous! I can't wait to try the buffalo burger, and what a view. I wonder if this will be on the dining plan, haven't been able to find anything on that yet.

Jon81uk

This is gorgeous! I can't wait to try the buffalo burger, and what a view. I wonder if this will be on the dining plan, haven't been able to find anything on that yet.

The food listed is a quick service credit, it shows it on the Disney site. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/wilderness-lodge-resort/geyser-point/#

But this food listed in the lounge menu won't be dining plan eligible at all, only the quick service breakfast, lunch and dinner.

The waffle fry portions look tiny though :( https://twitter.com/Mousesteps/status/831226581934809088

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom