News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Loose Pebble

Honestly, why not just embrace the whole World's Fair vibe?
Make front former Future area the Thrills and entertainment Showcase
Then the back could be World Showcase

Pretty simple and allows all kinds of new directions they could take the front of the park
We would need Disney to make a movie about World's Fairs with high merchandise potential to get this vision, sadly. I agree it makes more sense than what we have now.

KDM31091

I really do not know who is in charge of naming lands these days but I have no idea what “World Celebration” even means. And how can Imagination be in a separate land from the Land when they are quite literally a few feet away?? The Future World name has been used for 40 years and no one has had any issues with it…at most they could’ve changed it to “Discovery World” to avoid the Tomorrowland problem. But the neighborhoods are just a flawed and hair-brained idea, like most of this overhaul…
That and there is no obvious distinction between the lands. It's just a hot mess. Go back to one name for the front half and one name for World Showcase.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
What if they hired some new lighting experts and wanted them to fix the new hub lighting BUT they're still in the process of figuring it out (or waiting for parts, etc.), so while they can't yet do that, they're updating all of these old effects in the other attractions? SSE and LWTL are getting lighting fixes right now.

V_L_Raptor

What if they hired some new lighting experts and wanted them to fix the new hub lighting BUT they're still in the process of figuring it out (or waiting for parts, etc.), so while they can't yet do that, they're updating all of these old effects in the other attractions? SSE and LWTL are getting lighting fixes right now.

Maybe.

Part of me wonders if "lighting fixes" == "turning the damn things on."

DreamfinderGuy

Nah that's not what's happening at all. These fixes are being done just by regular maintenance people.

Tha Realest

1726607991827.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Retired imagineer Jim Shull is having fun with Epcot today:

Meanwhile:

Original EPCOT hub looked just like an office park and filled with tech that quickly became outdated, and never plentiful enough for the crowds that came thru.

Yeah, Communicore Hall is a disgrace -- I'll give him that. But you don't need to be an ex-Imagineer to provide that insight.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom