News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Cmdr_Crimson

EPCOT's CommuniCore Hall Debuts as Festival Center for 2024 Food and Wine Festival​

CommuniCore-Hall_Full_57410.jpg

CommuniCore-Hall_Full_57403.jpg

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
If the empty hall was considered a "blank canvas", I guess the "painting" we have here would be considered "minimalist"? One of those paintings where it's literally just painted red on the top half of the canvas and yellow on the bottom half and they try to sell it for 10 million dollars?

gustaftp

Honest to God, I’ve seen my college’s dining hall look better decorated than this. Wow. The most intriguing aspect of this dining hall is the pavilion logo flags along the walls, but those were there BEFORE F&W, so doesn't really count.
The pavilion logos that don't actually show up in the pavilions they reference. Another fail in the EPCOT "overhaul" :in pain:

HauntedMansionFLA

It's sad losing areas I love in other parks due to supposedly not being themed enough or being wasted space while Disney spends many millions and something like five years emphasizing just how much it doesn't give a care about beauty, consistent theming, or efficiently using space elsewhere.
And no one seems to call out Josh for all of this?? He’s the one in charge of the parks.

Bocabear

they should have replaced the word Changes" to "Mess"...lol Just ear out the marketing planter and all the in-ground lighting in one fell swoop and build the proper show fountain the should have been there from the star with some 20th century fiberoptic sparkles in the pavement... Program it to follow the show sequences in that area and everyone would be a lot happier. The area feels too corporate and mostly joyless.

Skibum1970

they should have replaced the word Changes" to "Mess"...lol Just ear out the marketing planter and all the in-ground lighting in one fell swoop and build the proper show fountain the should have been there from the star with some 20th century fiberoptic sparkles in the pavement... Program it to follow the show sequences in that area and everyone would be a lot happier. The area feels too corporate and mostly joyless.

In some ways, your last sentence seems to describe much of what Imagineering has produced over the last number of years.

co10064

Premium Member
If anything, I would hope they view Communicore Hall as a suitable replacement for Showplace down the line… but I’m not holding my breath.

This whole overhaul has felt like a mismatched game of musical chairs: Play was a better Innoventions, the Festival Center was moving from WoL to the hub… but then budgets were cut and the whole thing is really just a let down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom