News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

DisCOT_97

The whole idea of renaming areas of a 40 year old well known and well loved park is just ridiculous anyway... Leave the names of the areas as they were.... World Celebration means absolutely nothing... Are they going to change Main Street at the Magic Kingdom into "Retail Possibilities Boulevard"... or whatever collection of trendy buzzworsd they committee comes up with? People loved EPCOT as it was...it just needed more attractions and an overall refresh...Yes! The central core needed more shade. The Communicore buildings needed to be reactivated with fresh attractions. Restoring the central hub back to it's original state with waterways and gardens would have been epic and gorgeous...just maybe some more larger trees for shade and benches... That is all we really needed... It probably would not have taken 5 years to do either, and Communicore Hall would have been in one of the beautifullly restored Communicore buildings... Such a waste of resources that could have funded more attractions and things that would have truly added to the overall enjoyment of the park.
I really do not know who is in charge of naming lands these days but I have no idea what “World Celebration” even means. And how can Imagination be in a separate land from the Land when they are quite literally a few feet away?? The Future World name has been used for 40 years and no one has had any issues with it…at most they could’ve changed it to “Discovery World” to avoid the Tomorrowland problem. But the neighborhoods are just a flawed and hair-brained idea, like most of this overhaul…

I really do not know who is in charge of naming lands these days but I have no idea what “World Celebration” even means. And how can Imagination be in a separate land from the Land when they are quite literally a few feet away?? The Future World name has been used for 40 years and no one has had any issues with it…at most they could’ve changed it to “Discovery World” to avoid the Tomorrowland problem. But the neighborhoods are just a flawed and hair-brained idea, like most of this overhaul…
Yeah the naming has been awful... None of it makes sense or rolls off the tongue particularly well. Same people who thought Disney Adventure World was a good name though, so I don't have high hopes.

Phicinfan

Honestly, why not just embrace the whole World's Fair vibe?
Make front former Future area the Thrills and entertainment Showcase
Then the back could be World Showcase

Pretty simple and allows all kinds of new directions they could take the front of the park

Bocabear

The futuristic aspect of the front half of the park is still pretty much there...Why not just go back to Future World? the only thing truly out of step with that is Moana's Cycle walk-through... All the buildings and architecture fit...If the Seas with Nemo and Friends went back to the Seabase Alpha theme...which is very futuristic, they could play up Agri-future at the land pavilion and we would be back to feeling more like EPCOT again....

Honestly, why not just embrace the whole World's Fair vibe?
Make front former Future area the Thrills and entertainment Showcase
Then the back could be World Showcase

Pretty simple and allows all kinds of new directions they could take the front of the park
We would need Disney to make a movie about World's Fairs with high merchandise potential to get this vision, sadly. I agree it makes more sense than what we have now.

KDM31091

That and there is no obvious distinction between the lands. It's just a hot mess. Go back to one name for the front half and one name for World Showcase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom