News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Mr. Sullivan

The greenery is fine and good to add. The problem with this area is that it’s not distinctly Disney. It looks like something you’d find in some affluent neighborhood or a clean office park in Southern California. That’s what people are upset about. The fact that the walls were up so long and this was the final product is pretty disappointing.
To me it wasn’t disappointing. It looks great, at least to me, and makes it an area I wanted to spend more time in than ever before. I’ve mentioned in another thread that I’ve always found that area of EPCOT rather drab and dull (especially when those awnings were around) so the greenery and all that is a big plus for me.

As I said, I’m not really fussed with how much something costs or how long it takes. The way I look at it, it isn’t my money and it’s not my time being spent. It’ll be done when it is done and it is of very little relevance to me until then.

If I like it, then wonderful, time and money well spent in my eyes. If I don’t like it, ah well, plenty of other stuff to enjoy around the park.

I totally can get why some people are disappointed, it just feels that some (not you at all!) don’t like the fact that other people aren’t disappointed along with them.

Rich Brownn

The original EPCOT Center was a high-risk ambitious project that wasn't themed around Disney itself but the world now and in the future. It featured long rides, with tons of animatronics, and a sense of spectacular. Today's EPCOT is all about Disney, playing it safe, and creating average attractions. Unfortunately, the only company that seems to be ambitious today is Universal with Epic which is designed to be very different from any other park in it's design and looks like there are rides (not as long as EPCOTs originals) that are going to feature a good chunk of animatronics, are very elaborate and highly themed.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Question: When I was walking outside of the Land Pavilion last weekend I heard what sounded like the 1982 area music being played right near the pavilion. Is that something changed or has it always been like that?

DreamfinderGuy

Question: When I was walking outside of the Land Pavilion last weekend I heard what sounded like the 1982 area music being played right near the pavilion. Is that something changed or has it always been like that?
Complicated answer, the 1982 BGM has "always been there" because it never got updated since opening, but then a couple years back it was finally retired in favor of more speakers playing the spotify loop (and later the toprak score). A couple months ago it went back to the 1982 BGM. Minus that recent gap, its always been the same loop

HMF

I believe it has always been there. The last 1982 original loop left.(Outside the Imagination restrooms.)

Chef idea Mickey`=

The greenery is fine and good to add. The problem with this area is that it’s not distinctly Disney. It looks like something you’d find in some affluent neighborhood or a clean office park in Southern California. That’s what people are upset about. The fact that the walls were up so long and this was the final product is pretty disappointing.
Totally on point!

Chef idea Mickey`=

The original art for the project showed fountains in the existing water areas between former FW and WS, they could easily do something like that without much disruption.
In the concept art when there still was to be the two story festival building there showed one or two small fountains but I wonder if they were initially to be placed where the planters are today or...

Cmdr_Crimson

Hopefully there have been enough complaints to push them to install a fountain sooner rather than later.
Having a fountain in this area and syncing to the lights and music would work soooo much better..
hq720.jpg

Bocabear

I am sure we will hear that there is no possible way to add a fountain to the central core because they would have to bring all new power lines in from the main source generators near the Magic Kingdom, and the closest source for water is 26 miles east of Orlando making it literally a billion dollar change and would take another 4-6 years to complete construction... Of course the consulting firm would be the same ones that came up with the reasons the Yeti could not be fixed without literally tearing down the entire attraction... lol

Last edited:

Epcot82Guy

I would be ok with a kinetic sculpture in the center, too. But then a fountain in the giant south planter is needed. It's very static as is. I think it every time I'm in the park. (Especially with the Communicore event space feeling so separated). I'm sorry, but this was pretty poor design - both by space planning and content.

ABQ

I am sure we will hear that there is no possible way yo add a fountain to the central core because they would have to bring all new power lines in from the main source generators near the Magic Kingdom, and the closest source for water is 26 miles east of Orlando making it literally a billion dollar change and would take another 4-6 years to complete construction... Of course the consulting firm would be the same ones that came up with the reasons the Yeti could not be fixed without literally tearing down the entire attraction... lol
I think they were already planning to use that excuse as a response to why they will not be able to fix the in ground lighting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom