News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

lazyboy97o

I don't even understand the function of those curbs around the light poles. Somehow they managed to light the parks for years without those being there.
Their function is the foundation for the pole and by being raised they keep the pole itself above water sheeting along the walkway. One of the poles that fell at Disneyland had signs of corrosion, possible from having its base too low.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
Their function is the foundation for the pole and by being raised they keep the pole itself above water sheeting along the walkway. One of the poles that fell at Disneyland had signs of corrosion, possible from having its base too low.
Makes sense, but I still feel like there could have been some better execution to make it less of a trip-hazard.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I literally said I’m talking about the gate and AV towers, not the walls.:

I understand the concept of the main structure’s walls. It’s not particularly mysterious.

Look at the gate installed. The triangle is getting cut off arbitrarily from the edge of the gate.

View attachment 781123
It’s the same thing with the patterning on the AV tower.

View attachment 781124
Either skew the triangles accordingly to the angle of the overall element or lean harder into the juxtaposition. As is, it reads as the designer gave this to a third party and washed their hands of it.

The overall building is inoffensive, but these elements miss the mark.
My apologies for misunderstanding where you saw the misalignment.

However, what you point out now isn't problematic for me. Unless the width of the towers is exactly an integer multiple of the design, you'll always have an edge that doesn't end cleanly.

Rather than start the pattern at one edge cleanly where the pattern begins and then making the other edge look very off in comparison, you just start the pattern randomly so that everything is 'off.' It's what happens for most print fabric that people wear.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
It's beneath you.
Penguin Bap GIF

Horizonsfan

My apologies for misunderstanding where you saw the misalignment.

However, what you point out now isn't problematic for me. Unless the width of the towers is exactly an integer multiple of the design, you'll always have an edge that doesn't end cleanly.
No worries and I recognize only a subset will be bothered by it. This is the kind of stuff we pick apart every day at my firm. Lol.

I still think there’s better ways to execute those two items than they did here, but I’m not losing sleep over it.

Bocabear

The Lighty McLightpole Adventure!
$54.95 Adults $39.95 Children under 12
Join Lighty McLightpole on a daring romp through World Celebration and try not to "trip the light fantastic".
Requires walking
May not be suitable for some guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom