News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

mysto

I think it's one of the more solid Eisner era replacements......but that's not saying much.

There is an engineer that actually came up with the concept for Mission Space.
His boss took credit for it, and is tapped for "creativity" to this day.
We all attribute it to Eisner.

Hopefully the guy or girl is getting credit for their current work.
No one seems to know who it is, consistent with my theory:

Bocabear

yeah and see this is what I mean. I know most of it is the IP mandate but what does modern 'imagineering' have any 'imagination' whatsoever? Both of these ideas would have been much better than Guardians. Almost every single idea someone has come up with on this website is better than literally any of the attractions WDI has built over the course of the last 15 years. I don't know if it's higher level execs watering everything down but man, Guardians is such a bummer in my opinion, all that money spent on an 'eh, it was pretty fun."
I would rate it a lot higher...though I think the big effect in the queue could have been a little more thrilling, and I hate that the screens create so much light reflection...like everything needs to be painted with a super matte black paint and the intensity of the light projections need to be turned down or something, but it is a super fun ride, lots of laughs, and a pure joy...
We can pick apart little things, but this was a fun addition...

Last edited:

BlakeW39

I would rate it a lot higher...though I think the big effect in the queue could have been a little more thrilling, and I hate that the screens create so much light reflection...like everything needs to be painted with a super matte black paint and the intensity of the light projections need to be turned down or something, but it is a super fu ride, lots of laughs, and a pure joy...
We can pick apart little things, but this was a fun addition...

I mean the ride system is fun. I'm not saying it's a bad attraction, but it is wrong for EPCOT and on top of that, like you said the amount light coming from screens make the track and room visible and make the effects less convincing. If they just toned down the screens and maybe painted the track a really dark matte black like you said I think it would be a better attraction. But still a bad decision for the park

Last edited:

Bocabear

I mean the ride system is fun. I'm not saying it's a bad attraction, but it is wrong for EPCOT and on top of that, like you said the amount light coming from screens make the track and room visible and make the effects less convincing. If they just tones down the screens and maybe painted the track a really dark matte black like you said I think it would be a better attraction. But still a bad decision for the park
I agree with that...It would have been better in DHS...but I like that they at least made it feel like a real pavilion in the pre-show... which kind of nods to the original park... If we are going to get rides based on IP, I hope they at least make things relevant to the pavilion...Could the Guardians have had some sort of educational component? Possibly yes and that would have helped.

DCBaker

Premium Member
A couple of in-park photos from today.

IMG_4359.jpeg
IMG_4356.jpeg

Andrew25

Are there any long-term plans for the area between the Imagination-World Showcase/Canada walkway area? Don't really understand why that area can't be designed to be cleared easily for festivals without the need to erect construction walls when not being used.

James Alucobond

Are there any long-term plans for the area between the Imagination-World Showcase/Canada walkway area? Don't really understand why that area can't be designed to be cleared easily for festivals without the need to erect construction walls when not being used.
I mean, they reduced it to gravel, so I assume they're doing something with it at some point. I'd initially thought they closed it in order to incorporate the Starbucks area once that shut down, but it's been a while. Guess it's just low on the priority list?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom