Star Wars Weekends discontinued at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
It still does not change the fact that Disney has had a relationship with the 501st for years.
72084548756ed36e8d72e482e46c91f0.jpg

asianway

Yet that too is coming to an end, I'm waiting till Disney wants to extract 'licensing fees' from the 501'st, Disney no longer loves their products they are disposable widgets and it shows.
This is the same company that cancelled one of their flagship comic books to spite Fox. I don't think people really understand how Disney plays the game

Bulldog1653

If anybody wants information on good places to get costumes and cost information, don't hesitate to send me a private message and I will try and help in anyway I can

Bulldog1653

I'm not going to see any specific names of people on this forum but it seems painfully obvious to me that certain people really despise the 501st Legion. The comments show Me that some of you don't have the first clue of what we do or what we are all about.
Let me ask A very simple question: do you want to continue to see people dressed in Star Wars costumes correctly or would you rather see them do it as some kind of half hearted attempt?
The 501st goes through a very rigorous process to even be approved. I know a lot of people who have had to submit pictures eight or 10 times because of specific details. Show me where that happens at Disney. Especially in armor. I can guarantee you it doesn't happen like that. They just slap on the Armor and tell them go ahead have fun.
Let's get back to the original part of this topic. I totally disagree with the idea of Disney canceling Star Wars weekends. I am hoping that it's temporary. Many of you been there and seen these parades know that it is a fun time for all and it gives the 501st the opportunity to work hand-in-hand with Disney for that specific day or weekend.

dstrawn9889

doubt it will be back, they cannot afford the people load there now, much less a celebration weekend, and still get work done. with the main construction entrance b/t LMA and CC, i would think that SoA and muppets would be really hard to get to, since i would think that staging equipment and materials would be around that space. without that walking space, i cant see how they could control people flow in the remaining areas.

wannabeBelle

Given what we think will happen during the construction process, I am not sure how they could do SWW successfully. There are certain aspects that could probably be done, but probably not all. I am sad regarding that but if it is a construction constraint and they are proceeding with the building/creating etc. I can understand it, at least within this park. I don't think this is the last we will see at the Disney parks of the 501st and I hope that they will continue to work hand in hand with Disney in the future. Marie

Tigger1988

I have little doubt that they will. You already have one instance on them giving an early screening of Episode 7 to a terminally ill fan as well as the inclusion of R2-KT into both Star Wars: Rebels and Episode 7. Disney has also worked with the 501st pretty much since the start of SWW.
They also included the 501st logo in TFA. That should annoy a certain poster here.

Matt_Black

This is the same company that cancelled one of their flagship comic books to spite Fox. I don't think people really understand how Disney plays the game

You... don't get how comics work, do you? They cancelled it, but they will relaunch it eventually with huge fanfare and a big "First Issue" banner across the top of the cover, like we haven't had 80 #1 issues of the Fantastic Four in the past 20 years already. In the meantime, the characters of the FF are being utilized throughout the Marvel Universe. If they REALLY wanted to spite FOX, they'd cancel Deadpool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom