Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I know this has been a fan idea forever but has it ever really been considered? To me it makes a lot of sense. Move it to world showcase and give it a proper facade. Then you have a nice plot for a new E ticket in Fantasyland. Of course I’m not sure where or if they could even fit it into World Showcase somewhere.
Not that I’ve ever heard from people I trust.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
(Bringing this discussion to the appropriate thread. :) )

I'm no insider, but I thought I read there was at least one plan that had SWL going to the east and south of Star Tours, taking out some of the parking lot in that area:

View attachment 688873

There may have been more to the west, but I honestly cannot recall right now.
I remember those plans too. I think Radiator Springs was supposed to go where the backlot tour was (where SW is now) and the SW land went from echo lake over the location of Indy stunt show and into the parking lot. As far as I know the expansion pad into the parking lot should still be available. The SW hotel is further back so I don’t think used up the space.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's a fun idea, but I don't really see what Disney would gain from it. It'd probably anger a lot of normal people too, as your average person expects IASW to be in the castle park.​
1. a much better IASW that's longer with better puppets, a better ceiling, better effects​
2. updating IASW to be more culturally sensitive and diverse can most easily be done with a whole re-do, especially with plans to add IP dolls​
3. updating the song to highlight the various languages of the world better and to re-orchestrate it to be less cloying and repetitive​
4. moving IASW from Fantasyland opens up access to all the land behind HM and RoA better than the current plan to go thru Frontierland's train station (in that area).​
5. IASW in Epcot is the perfect all-ages ride to introduce the concept of World Showcase... which is thematically better than being in Fantasyland. Is world peace a fantasy?​

SpectreJordan

1. a much better IASW that's longer with better puppets, a better ceiling, better effects​
2. updating IASW to be more culturally sensitive and diverse can most easily be done with a whole re-do, especially with plans to add IP dolls​
3. updating the song to highlight the various languages of the world better and to re-orchestrate it to be less cloying and repetitive​
4. moving IASW from Fantasyland opens up access to all the land behind HM and RoA better than the current plan to go thru Frontierland's train station (in that area).​
5. IASW in Epcot is the perfect all-ages ride to introduce the concept of World Showcase... which is thematically better than being in Fantasyland. Is world peace a fantasy?​
I love all of that too; I like the concept of the ride but I'm not a fan of it in its current state, I'd revamp it in a heartbeat. But from a financial perspective, I don't see much they'd gain from it.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Price increase for Savi's Workshop and Droid Depot.

Savi's: $220 -> $250 (+14%)
DD: $99 -> $120 (+21%)

Note, this is the first ever increase for Droid Depot since it opened in Dec 2019.
Savi's saw its first price increase back in April 2021 from $199 -> $220.

I'm actually surprised it took this long for DD to increase its initial prices. It was kinda on the "cheaper" side at the time for what you got imo, which made it worth it for me. Did it once in 2019 and built an R-series, then again 2021 for a BB-series.

While the prices in Walt Disney World are currently still listed the same as quoted above, in Disneyland Savi's Workshop and Droid Depot have dropped back down to $219.99 and $99.99 respectively. Will the pricing in Walt Disney World follow?

DCBaker

Premium Member
The Droid Parts popcorn bucket that was sold at Disneyland is available for a limited time at Kat Saka's Kettle in Galaxy's Edge for $24.99.

IMG_5587.jpg

IMG_24FC08CA8B38-1.jpeg

doctornick

So other than the table service restaurant - which we all know was developed but cut thought the footprint remains and could still be used - is there anything in those plans that speaks to things that weren't built?

sedati

So other than the table service restaurant - which we all know was developed but cut thought the footprint remains and could still be used - is there anything in those plans that speaks to things that weren't built?
A clothing shop opposite the Cantina I believe.

TrainsOfDisney

I’m still so disappointed with this land. A people mover type attraction around the land that showed glimpses of other attractions would have been amazing. A sfx show with yoda demonstrating the force (like a real life magic show with a yoda AA!), and some sort of coaster, even if it was just a coaster in a box with Star Wars music (like hyper space mountain).

Give us some more stuff!!!!!! Lol

Professortango1

I’m still so disappointed with this land. A people mover type attraction around the land that showed glimpses of other attractions would have been amazing. A sfx show with yoda demonstrating the force (like a real life magic show with a yoda AA!), and some sort of coaster, even if it was just a coaster in a box with Star Wars music (like hyper space mountain).

Give us some more stuff!!!!!! Lol
I have always said I wanted Old Man Luke to have a training show where he can sass us but come around as a young audience member gets more attuned to the Force in spectacular ways.

MagicHappens1971

Just based on how busy the cantina is, this table service restaurant is actually needed imo. They should salvage some stuff from the starcruiser and just do it anyway. Have Mando hang in there looking to do business for bounties.
They should have never cut the table service restaurant. Aside from Gaya / Oouani as characters there’s really nothing to salvage from Starcruisers dining experience, none of it fits with the vibe of Batuu.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom