Trip Report 9 days in French Quarter! What a holiday! What a resort! What a time!

Hi all,

Finally it is here! Our TR about our 9 day trip to the World! Hope you will enjoy it but be aware that it will be a long run before the TR is finished. Since we came back from WDW it is a madhouse at work and it will be for quite some time!

This trip is the second year in a row, but the most special holiday we ever took. We have more than a dozen trips to DLP but WDW was on our wishlist for years and years!

We married 5 years ago in August 2010. The years prior to our marriage we always said to each other when we are married for 5 years we will take a trip to WDW. And suddenly a year prior (last year) we had the oppurtunity to take a trip to WDW with friends. So we did! You can find the TR about that trip also here! When we came back last year we decided fast that we absolutely would do a trip next year because of the 5 year marriage. And then we found out that the fly tickets we already gone and only expensive tickets were left. So we decided to postpone the trip for at least a year. But Disney is Disney for us, so we kept on looking for a holiday and then found out that a October holiday to WDW would be as expensive as summer holiday. So the choice was easy! Another trip to WDW! Like I said because we are married for 5 years. And besides the reason there was even something more special, it would be our first trip with just the 3 of us. Our holidays were always with friends or relatives!

So October 16th 2015 was marked in our calenders with red circles and here we go!

Who: Ria (my wife, 45), Sacha (our daugther, 18) and myself (44)
Where: Port Olreans, French Quarter
When: October 16th - October 25th 2016

Overal we had a more than marvelous trip! Everything went as planned! We absolutely have no remarks on the holiday! The trip to WDW was more than OK, the stay in French Quarter was more than OK, teh days in the parks were more than OK,the fastpass+ was more than OK, Memory Maker was more than OK, the food was more than OK, MNSSHP was more than OK and the flight home was more than OK! Expect a TR with a lot of pictures, although we took less pictures than last year. We have a GOPRO no, so there are much videos, but you won't find them in the TR.

October 16th 2015: the trip to WDW
We wake up early, around 3 o'clock in the morning and within an hour we were in the car on our way to the airport. We arrived around 4 and the guys from the valet parking were there to take our car in 'custody' for our holiday period. The checking in for the flight went smoothly and then the big waiting began! The take off was as planned at 08.55 and then the 9 hour flight began and was more than OK!

The next pictures speak for themself. The flight was with a Boeing Dreamliner. Nice plane, good seats! The food was OK and looking back the flight was smoothly.

View attachment 118354
We had 3 chairs next to each other, that was great and better than last year!

IMG_1450.JPG

Even could take a selfie :)

IMG_1453.JPG

More than half way!

IMG_1454.JPG

The final hour before touch down at Orlando Sanford!

IMG_1456.JPG

IMG_1459.JPG

IMG_1463.JPG

Much more to come! Next part will be first day in the Magic Kingdom!

Last edited:

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Here we are with more of our trip! We are at Ocotber 20th and the day was an Epcot day. Not the most fav resort, but some great rides. It was the first time we walked around the lake and explored the different countries. It was Wine and Food festival, but that's not the reason why we are in Disney and in Epcot. We enjoyed the food from Belgium and Mexico :)

Our own pictures are quite chronological, but the Memory maker not really I guess :)

Ria has 2 fav characters :) Jiminy and Malificent :) A nice painting :)

DSC_0001.JPG

Sacha loves to taste the different Coca Cola flavors :) But she only liked one, but can't remember which one :)

DSC_0004.JPG

Then she found out that they serve Frozen Fanta so she urgently needed one :)

DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

Me in line for a coffee :)

DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

MinnieM123

Premium Member
As the expression goes, "good things come to those who wait" -- I'll be very patient waiting for more highlights from your trip! :happy:

By the way, I'm really enjoying your pictures, and my favorite of this most recent group is the photo of the totem pole outside Canada. I love the whole composition of the picture, and having Sacha stand in front of the totem pole, really showed just how high that totem is.

Well, enjoy your upcoming days off, and may I wish you and your family a Happy New Year! :)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Great as always! enjoy your holiday and Happy 2016!

A bit late, but also a happy 2016 :)

Looking forward to more!

And here I am again :)

Fijne Feesten! Happy Holidays ! See you back in 2016 !

Was helemaal top! So here I am, back in 2016 as promised :)

As the expression goes, "good things come to those who wait" -- I'll be very patient waiting for more highlights from your trip! :happy: By the way, I'm really enjoying your pictures, and my favorite of this most recent group is the photo of the totem pole outside Canada. I love the whole composition of the picture, and having Sacha stand in front of the totem pole, really showed just how high that totem is.Well, enjoy your upcoming days off, and may I wish you and your family a Happy New Year! :)

Also a very happy 2016! And like you said, good things for those who wait :) Thanks for the compliment for the Sacha and the totem pic :)

Enjoying following along! It looks like you all know how to enjoy Walt Disney World! Looking forward to reading more in 2016!

Thanks! And here I am again with some more posts!

Loving your trip report! It has me getting so excited for our trip coming up in February. Happy New Year!

Wow you are already going in February :) We have to wait until October!

Great report!!!

Thanks!!

Happy New Year and I'm patiently waiting:oops:

Your waiting is over :) and Happy 2016!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
So here we are again! Still in Epcot :) Like I said before I guess on our opinion the least resort of the Disney resorts. But off course as always a lot of fun and well let the pics speak for themselves!

Still walking the lake!

DSC_0034.JPG

DSC_0035.JPG

DSC_0036.JPG

Some Memory Maker pics from different places in Epcot!

EPCOT_BACKSIDE1_7493390176.jpg

EPCOT_BACKSIDE1_7493390179.jpg

EPCOT_BACKSIDE1_7493390181.jpg

EPCOT_BACKSIDE5_7493411912.jpg

EPCOT_BACKSIDE5_7493411915.jpg

EPCOT_BACKSIDE5_7493414325.jpg

The T-shirt Sacha is wearing was OK all day. One of the final photographers, when we walked the lake, was ready to make a picture and suddenly he stopped. The shirt was impropriate for Disney to come into pictures so she had to had her hand in front of the last word...... strange when you know already 45 pictures were taken by his fellow cast members :)

some more posts to come today :)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
The final post of the day! Some final Epcot pictures! Don'w know when I find the time for more posts, but I am sure it won't be that long! Next day will be Studios again!

The most pics are from one guy who really took the time to make some pictures and after he found out that we were in WDW because of our 5 year anniversary it was almost like being a model :)

EPCOT_WSUK2_7493459472.jpg

EPCOT_WSUK2_7493459476.jpg

EPCOT_WSUK2_7493459481.jpg

EPCOT_WSUK2_7493460537.jpg

EPCOT_WSUK2_7493460543.jpg

EPCOT_WSUK2_7493460545.jpg

EPCOT_WSUK2_7493460551.jpg

EPCOT_WSUK2_7493460556.jpg

EPCOT_WSUK2_7493460558.jpg

And the we met Alice :)

EPCOT_WSUKPROMCHAR_7493493384.jpg

So that's it for today! Not Disney like, but that's all folks!

As always, feel free to comment!

Catch you all later!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Am so excited now after reading this - we are going to POFQ in 110 days yay - Thank you for the TR

Wow just 100 days left! That's comming closer by the day! yesterday we passed the 275 days mark! This time it will be PORS next October :)

Such happy pictures! I'm sure you and your family will cherish these beautiful photos for many years to come. What wonderful memories you all will have.

Thanks! We were really happy in the world! And you bet we cherish the pictures as much as we can. Also our movies we made through the years in DLP and WDW :) And we are sure the next trip to WDW will give as great pictures as this year!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom