Trip Report 9 days in French Quarter! What a holiday! What a resort! What a time!

Hi all,

Finally it is here! Our TR about our 9 day trip to the World! Hope you will enjoy it but be aware that it will be a long run before the TR is finished. Since we came back from WDW it is a madhouse at work and it will be for quite some time!

This trip is the second year in a row, but the most special holiday we ever took. We have more than a dozen trips to DLP but WDW was on our wishlist for years and years!

We married 5 years ago in August 2010. The years prior to our marriage we always said to each other when we are married for 5 years we will take a trip to WDW. And suddenly a year prior (last year) we had the oppurtunity to take a trip to WDW with friends. So we did! You can find the TR about that trip also here! When we came back last year we decided fast that we absolutely would do a trip next year because of the 5 year marriage. And then we found out that the fly tickets we already gone and only expensive tickets were left. So we decided to postpone the trip for at least a year. But Disney is Disney for us, so we kept on looking for a holiday and then found out that a October holiday to WDW would be as expensive as summer holiday. So the choice was easy! Another trip to WDW! Like I said because we are married for 5 years. And besides the reason there was even something more special, it would be our first trip with just the 3 of us. Our holidays were always with friends or relatives!

So October 16th 2015 was marked in our calenders with red circles and here we go!

Who: Ria (my wife, 45), Sacha (our daugther, 18) and myself (44)
Where: Port Olreans, French Quarter
When: October 16th - October 25th 2016

Overal we had a more than marvelous trip! Everything went as planned! We absolutely have no remarks on the holiday! The trip to WDW was more than OK, the stay in French Quarter was more than OK, teh days in the parks were more than OK,the fastpass+ was more than OK, Memory Maker was more than OK, the food was more than OK, MNSSHP was more than OK and the flight home was more than OK! Expect a TR with a lot of pictures, although we took less pictures than last year. We have a GOPRO no, so there are much videos, but you won't find them in the TR.

October 16th 2015: the trip to WDW
We wake up early, around 3 o'clock in the morning and within an hour we were in the car on our way to the airport. We arrived around 4 and the guys from the valet parking were there to take our car in 'custody' for our holiday period. The checking in for the flight went smoothly and then the big waiting began! The take off was as planned at 08.55 and then the 9 hour flight began and was more than OK!

The next pictures speak for themself. The flight was with a Boeing Dreamliner. Nice plane, good seats! The food was OK and looking back the flight was smoothly.

View attachment 118354
We had 3 chairs next to each other, that was great and better than last year!

IMG_1450.JPG

Even could take a selfie :)

IMG_1453.JPG

More than half way!

IMG_1454.JPG

The final hour before touch down at Orlando Sanford!

IMG_1456.JPG

IMG_1459.JPG

IMG_1463.JPG

Much more to come! Next part will be first day in the Magic Kingdom!

Last edited:

FlaggNL

Original Poster
The second and final post of today. Also the final pics of our second day in The World.

First more pics from Sci-fi and some more from inside studios. And a wonderfull bag Ria bought!

IMG_1624.JPG

IMG_1670.JPG

IMG_1671.JPG

IMG_1672.JPG

IMG_1666.JPG

IMG_1676.JPG

Once upon a time of one of our Fav TV series. So we had to stop at Mr. Gold :)

IMG_1668.JPG

IMG_1669.JPG

Here is bag I mentioned before!

IMG_1677.JPG

That's it for today! Of course to be continued with our next day in Animal Kingdom!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
I can't wait! You're TR is wonderful!

Thanks! Sorry that the wait is sooooo long, but really can't find time do more than an occasionally post :) But I keep saying that there will be much more :)

I also enjoy a conservative-looking purse, that I can take with me to church on Sundays . . . ;) :p (The purse is really cute and unique--I'm sure she'll get lots of fun comments about it from her friends, when she goes home. :) )

It is conservative looking, but sooo great! And a lot of fun and positive comments :)

This is a wonderful trip report, and such awesome pictures. A real pleasure to read. Thanks for posting!

You are welcome and much more to come!

You're leaving me hanging. I dont have my nightly U2 concert fix either @FlaggNL . I'm sure its super busy. Really looking forward to more!

Sorry for leaving you hanging in. Bit like U2... they keeps us hanging in about more legs of the tour! Did you already watch the Paris show? It was marvelous! Besides the occasion that had to postpone it! But can't wait for getting tickets for future legs (if they will do.....??)

I suddenly have a craving for Sci-Fi drive in! Looks like you had an absolute blast! I would love to do Disney with my Dad.. maybe one day I can convince him to get on a plane! :)

Lol! Sci-fi is so great! Next trip will be with a dining plan so we will be back there! And off course much more great restaurants :) Dad is no Disney lover? So Sacha is a lucky girl :)

I'd have no problem bring that bag to church. At least I'd be stylish when the church fell down on me.

Lol! With or without church it is a great bag :)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
And the second (and final) post for today! Hope you like it and will be in it for the long run :)

DSC_0087.JPG

The Tree of Life is such a magnicficent piece of art! They really did a great job with all the carved animals!

After the tree is was time for Starbucks. The cupcakes looks marvelous, but we only got one :)

DSC_0088.JPG

DSC_0089.JPG

DSC_0092.JPG

DSC_0093.JPG

DSC_0094.JPG

DSC_0096.JPG

DSC_0097.JPG

DSC_0100.JPG

DSC_0102.JPG

This is it for today! Have a great day all and as always feel free to comment!

To be continued..........

pug

And here we are with some more pictures from the first day! Yesterday we checked our Iphones and there are more pictures from the flight to Orlando and the ride from Sanford to Port Orleans French

View attachment 118586

As you can see our eyes are still a bit in sleepy mode, although they are sparkling about the idea to get in the plane :)

View attachment 118587

Strange that the desk is closed and we can check in :)

View attachment 118588

The beaty that wil take us to Orlando!

View attachment 118589

Take off was at 0855 so the darkness was gone before we knew it :)

View attachment 118590

View attachment 118591

Sacha had the window seat so she could enjoy the nice weather above, although the outside temperature was not that nice so high in the sky!

View attachment 118592
When we arrived at Orlando Sanford there were no Disney transportations. That is only possible at Orlando International. From Sanford there was a minivan from a company that took us and 2 other families to our hotels. The other families were not staying on Disney property and we brought them away first. Disney was the last stop :) First time we saw the Orlando Eye. Quite nice, but nothing compare to the London Eye :)

View attachment 118593
There it is, the magic sign! Nothing better in holidays than passing that!

View attachment 118594

When we arrived it was late in the afternoon. So no Disney admission for the first Friday. We took the boat to Disney Springs and when we got back we decided to take a large pizza to the room and get an early sleep. There are no more pics of the room, we simple forgot to take them. On the other hand there are so much pictures here and on the Disney websides that everybody knows how the rooms are. It absolutely is one of the best rooms we ever had. The beds are so good. Normally I have some back problems when sleeping in a hotel for more than one night, but this stay no problems at all. We had to walk about 5 mins from our room to the pool and the restaurants and other Disney building at French Quarter! The resort is so great! A lot of you mentioned ir before as one of the best resort on the property becuase it is not that big and so on. Just have to say you are all right!

View attachment 118595

Off course we had to buy the Disney dollars that were aviable at this resort. Not to use in the park, but to take home :)

Much more to come in the next weeks! Hope to find some early time the next 3 days, because I have all day meetings from tommorrow on. And during the weekends don't expect updates! Hope you all enjoy and feel free to comment :)

And not Disney like but for today: That's all folks!
I am staying at fq now and the bed sucked my first night so I went and complaned so they gave me a brand new beauty rest king bed!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    78.3 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Great trip report. I love the Tree of Life. It's my screen saver on my PC. Also can't wait to go back to the Sci-Fi Diner.

Thanks! And Tree of Life is so beautiful created! Even the show inside the tree is great! We will be back next October and absolutely will go to Sci-Fi again :)

Your AK pics made me so happy I'm planning on spending a bit more time there next summer.

Thanks! I think AK is nice, but will be great with the closing show the are creating and the Avatar part which presumed to be open in 2017 (another reason so go back again in 2017) :)

My niece sent this to me last night. Beautifulllll.They are there again. Lol.
And she has talked us into going back in April. My arm hurts from her twisting it so much. Ha-ha.

View attachment 123992

Wow what a beautiful sight the castle this way! Christmas in WDW is on our wish list for the future! Next trip is Halloween again, but someday :)

I will work there one day !

When we win the lotery we will buy ourself a house in Florida :)

I am staying at fq now and the bed sucked my first night so I went and complaned so they gave me a brand new beauty rest king bed!

Great! So if you have a complain it works to speak about it! That's the great thing about Disney!

That is my lifetime goal. Sad right? I want to retire and be a greeter at DW when I am a senior.

Maybe I have the same dream :)

i want to work in one of the Christmas shops

I wanna shop every day in one of the Christmas shops ;)

Me, too!! I'd enjoy being surrounded by pretty holiday decorations, every day at work. :happy:

Like I said, shopping instead or working is even better :)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Here we are again! First I wanna share a Disney story that is great and makes me think Disney and J.J. Abrahms should be on a statue.

A month or 2 ago we read about a cancer patient who was allowed to see Star Wars upfront because he would't make it to the premiere. Three weeks ago a colleague of me was talking about a same issue for a family member of hers. The had an online petition but it wasn't growing at all... just a couple of 100's signed the pretition and they were not able to get in touch with Disney or J.J.. She asked if I had an idea. I started a Twitter campaign and got some retweets here and there. The petition was signed in an afternoon by more than a 1000. I will never known what my role was, but that isn't important at all. A week before the official premiere the situation of Dirk got worse. And suddenly on wednesday before the world premiere there were some guys at the door and the were from Disney Belgium. Out of the blue it worked!! The next day there were some Disney UK or USA people with a laptop and he was allowed to watch the movie with his son, brother and nephew while he still was in bed! Although the situation about his health was worse he enjoyed it the most! A day later they started with palliative sedation and on saturday he passed away! He told his family that they had to go to the premiere and wait with the cremation. They did and on the big screen Disney played a little movie about the Star Wars afternoon Dirk had. And the next day at the cremation there was a big flower piece from Disney!

Off course sad story because he passed away, but I thought a great story to share with you all!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom