Major 2015 Pirates of the Caribbean Refurbishment Watch/Rumor.

ABQ

The mist with Jones and Blackbeard has always been hit or miss when we go. It's still a fun ride though, and something that my family and I always look forward to riding.

Would it really be the worst thing in the world if the mist projection just... never came back? :cool:
Wouldn't and doesn't bother me if the mist doesn't work. I first found the ride awesome in 1977, no mist, no mermaids, fine with me if they're not there as those two items are easy to miss if not working. A broken AA would be worse.

ABQ

The Thirsty Mate Bilge Pump, all riders should be equipped.
label.gif

DisneyFans4Life

Rode this on Saturday and ended up in the front row. Getting into the boat, I could see the floor was wet for the first few rows and the front row seat was wet as well. I ended up taking my shoes and socks off and handed them to my friend who was sitting in row two. My wife and I definitely got sprayed pretty good at the end of the drop and water splashed up into the boat.

I talked to a CM at unload and she said they were hoping to get new boats during the last refurb, but unforunately that didn't happen. At the end of the day...it's a water ride and there are signs that say you could get wet. To me, whether or not that was how the ride used to be, it is how it is now, so just prepare for it. It's still a great ride and I'll be more than happy to ride it over and over again!

G00fyDad

As much as I like the ride I will skip it now that I have seen photos of how much water is in the boat floors. I'd rather not walk around with soggy shoes all day. :(

Tom

Beta Return
Rode it at about 1:30pm on Thursday, November 12. This was our first ride since refurb, and hope to ride again this evening.

On Thursday, we were in back row. Not a drop of water. Couldn't see front rows.

Mist screen wasn't working, but otherwise, it seemed that everything else was working, and the audio was incredible (compared to the past several years).

Tom

Beta Return
Rode it at about 1:30pm on Thursday, November 12. This was our first ride since refurb, and hope to ride again this evening.

Mist screen wasn't working, but otherwise, it seemed that everything else was working, and the audio was incredible (compared to the past several years).

DisneyFans4Life

I'm just wondering...of the people who are upset about possibly getting wet on this ride/say they won't ride it again...do you also skip Splash Mountain and Kali River Rapids?

When we rode it on the 14th, the mist screen wasn't working either.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Echo.... Echo...

G00fyDad

I'm just wondering...of the people who are upset about possibly getting wet on this ride/say they won't ride it again...do you also skip Splash Mountain and Kali River Rapids?

When we rode it on the 14th, the mist screen wasn't working either.

I have never gotten my feet soaked on Splash, and I usually wear some sort of sandal to AK for that very purpose. I have never had to worry about soggy soaked shoes at PotC, until now. Wearing sandals is not that comfortable and it is not something I want to do too much while at WDW.

plaz10

We rode numerous times throughout November 11-16. We got SOAKED in the front row (2 of us) both times we were seated there. And the mist screen was never working.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom