Quick Service fountain beverage price increases now in effect

MarkTwain

This is okay because we all know Disney needs the money. They're not owned by one of the world's largest corporations like Holiday World.

....who gives out soda for freeeeeeeeee. (I live in Southern Indiana, HW is only a hour away.)
Because paying for Soda is overrated. >_>

Quoted for the shoutouts to Holiday World! :D I also live nearby, nice to see some southern Indiana people on here.

Communicore

Beware. They will start charging for that too!
Yea, the more they use filtered water for their ice and sodas, the more likelihood of the charge for the ice water. Pretty soon Sunshine Seasons will charge for that as their ice and water are filtered. Also, I often see people there fill up their small "ice water" cups with sodas.

CJR

Until they start charging you 25 cents for the cup.

I think that will absolutely happen someday, but you're still talking 25 cents vs $3.50, probably by that point. No matter what, ice water will be cheaper than soda.

Bairstow

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/soda-price-increase.413188/

MAR 4, 2009

Sorry if this has already been posted. I can't search on my iPhone.

Prices of fountain soda in the parks has increased. The cost of a regular soda is now $2.19 and a large is $2.49. So far, every location in MK has the new price. Not sure about any of the resorts, but they are most likely the same.

Crazy! Its water and sugar water. Come-on? The profit margin on that has to be ridiculous.

And to some people these price increases may drive people away from Disney vacations. increased prices=decreased attendance=decreased revenues=decreased number of new attractions=unemployed workers, etc. Disney needs to be very careful about price increases during these economic times. They could be pricing the parks out of business like the Post Office is slowly but surely doing these last few years.

With that said, I don't think that the price is that ridiculous when compared to other places like your typical boring mini-mart price for a bottled soda, but to many people (especially with the economy now) each little price increase can impact their ability to take a vacation at our beloved Walt Disney World.

We've been over (and over and over) this.

Every time something goes up in price, folks decry it as the straw that will finally break the camel's back. Yet, amazingly, the camel keeps on keeping on.

These little increases aren't even going to be noticed by most people who don't obsess over every little detail in the parks---it's boiling a frog.

tirian

Since being introduced in 2005, the Disney Dining Plan (DDP) has proven to be popular with many onsite guests.

In 2005, DDP cost $35/night and included one Table Service (TS) meal consisting of appetizer, non-alcoholic beverage, main course, dessert, and 18% gratuity, one Quick Service (QS) meal consisting of non-alcoholic beverage, main course, and dessert, and one snack.

Disney now offers several DDP options, with the Standard DDP being most similar to the original DDP. The 2012 price of this plan was $51.54/night. However, the TS appetizer and 18% gratuity are no longer included. When these are factored in, the equivalent price was around $60/night.

An increase from $35/night in 2005 to $60/night in 2012 represents an annual increase of 8.0%.

In 2013, the DDP price increased another 12.5%.

—And the menu prices have risen to offset both food cost increases and DDP "discounts."

flynnibus

Premium Member
just because some other place charges ridiculous soda prices it doesn't justify someone else's 'lesser ridiculous' prices.

Bottled Water and Soda have in the last 5 years or so been relatively cheap on the scale of 'Disney insane markup'. Their new prices are high, but no where near as bad as the food prices themselves.

But why should we be suprised... Disney has been doing this for what... 10+ years now? Just raising the prices to keep that growth curve...

tissandtully

just because some other place charges ridiculous soda prices it doesn't justify someone else's 'lesser ridiculous' prices.

Bottled Water and Soda have in the last 5 years or so been relatively cheap on the scale of 'Disney insane markup'. Their new prices are high, but no where near as bad as the food prices themselves.

But why should we be suprised... Disney has been doing this for what... 10+ years now? Just raising the prices to keep that growth curve...

I actually found a decently priced meal at The Mara at AKL last weekend, the Oak-roasted Rotisserie chicken is $10.49 with two sides and you get the entire half of the chicken. The price for the same meal at Boston Market near me is $10.49, I'm scared this is too good to be true and eventually will be a $15 meal though :(.

MissM

I was just at Busch Gardens last weekend and one thing I love that they do is offer the refillable cups. You buy it for about $8-$10 (few different designs vary slightly in price, like mine is insulated) and you can get unlimited refills for 99 cents. Not refills for the day, refills all year. It says it flat out on the sign to bring it back all season long. And if you rather refill it with an Icee, you can do that for $2.99 As many times as you want. It's really great. Cuts down on waste because they use less cups/lids/straws and it's really fair price. Those cups hold a ton! I wish Disney was more fair like this with their refillable mugs/soda prices.

No, a soda here or there isn't going to break the bank but man...that kind of stuff adds up! Used to be less than $20 for two quick service meals and a soda to split and now, it's more like $30. Add that to the $50 for a tank of gas it costs to drive out there for the day and a snack or two and even with an AP, you're easily dropping $100 minimum to hit the park for a day. It just all adds up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom