Soda price increase

disneydata

Original Poster
Sorry if this has already been posted. I can't search on my iPhone.

Prices of fountain soda in the parks has increased. The cost of a regular soda is now $2.19 and a large is $2.49. So far, every location in MK has the new price. Not sure about any of the resorts, but they are most likely the same.

jt04

Sorry if this has already been posted. I can't search on my iPhone.

Prices of fountain soda in the parks has increased. The cost of a regular soda is now $2.19 and a large is $2.49. So far, every location in MK has the new price. Not sure about any of the resorts, but they are most likely the same.

Yep, it's called inflation and you might want to get used to it. I'm just sayin'............

MissM

Yeah it went up about a month ago now I think. Bottled sodas are also $2.50 now instead of $2.00

Stinks all around.

uklad79

If you compare to a restaurant or a vending machine it's not too bad. I am thankful they haven't replaced all the ODV carts with machines and sacked people to save money, if it means paying a bit more to keep people in jobs so be it.

jt04

:rolleyes:

Sorry, jt, I can't agree with you on this one. This is ridiculous. They already make a killing profit wise on sodas.

This is how I look at it, Disney profit is not based on one product. You have to look at it in a more holistic way in my opinion. They are not making nearly what they were on resort rooms so this is just one area where they can make up for it. It's going to spread throughout the economy not just Disney. Happens everytime the government prints money and spreads it around.

And to the previuos poster, I was not dissing the OP, just adding some truth to the never ending posts about rising prices. There is a reason behind it and it is not greed, it's economic survival. I'm just sayin'.....

hokielutz

I believe Steven reported the water as well, right?

You are correct. I saw price change in the counter quick serve locations when i visited in January, but the vendor carts remained at $2.00 for a week or two longer... before Steve reported the change.

hokielutz

Still cheaper than Six Flags - $3.50 for a 20-oz soda.

Yep, and cheaper than a soda at the movies $4.50 for a small to medium size.

I think this is just reinforcing the decision that my wife and I made to share a fountain drink for our meals at Disney. Acomplish several objectives at once:

Save money on meals at the park
Send a message to Disney execs when the see their Drink Sales # decrease
Keep more pocket money to stimulate the economy elsewhere
End up consuming less of something that is not necessarily good for you.

marsrunner

Prices of drinks in Disneyland in February were $2.69 for a large fountain drink, $2.75 for a 20 oz. bottle. So, still cheaper in Florida. Woohoo!

disneydata

Original Poster
Last I heard, Disney's contract with Coca-Cola provides the syrup for free. All Disney has to pay for is the water, carbon dioxide, and cups which is close to nothing per cup of soda they sell. Not sure if this has changed, but if it hasn't, that's a lot of profit per cup.

jt04

Last I heard, Disney's contract with Coca-Cola provides the syrup for free. All Disney has to pay for is the water, carbon dioxide, and cups which is close to nothing per cup of soda they sell. Not sure if this has changed, but if it hasn't, that's a lot of profit per cup.

And?

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
1 - Stop bringing back mugs from previous trips to keep costs down :lookaroun

2 - Don't b**ch about the price, and then fork over the $$ for a soda - there's plenty of water fountains around property if yer gonna whine about the price.

3 - *runs and hides* - I'm feisty today :fork:

Missing20K

I think this is just reinforcing the decision that my wife and I made to share a fountain drink for our meals at Disney.

My girlfriend and I shared drinks the whole time we were there too. The large fountain drinks are pretty big, we always had plenty to drink with our counter service meals. Same with "walking around" drinks when we were thirsty. I was actually pleasantly surprised with their beverage prices (first time back in a decade), as I was expecting "normal" amusement park, sporting event prices. I thought $4 was the minimum for a large fountain drink. And the alcohol prices were pretty reasonable too. I'm used to paying $8 for a beer at a sporting event. All in all, beverage prices could be much worse at WDW, imo.

disneydata

Original Poster
You really should lay off the sarcasm. All I'm trying to do is share information I know to keep people informed.

And to some people these price increases may drive people away from Disney vacations. increased prices=decreased attendance=decreased revenues=decreased number of new attractions=unemployed workers, etc. Disney needs to be very careful about price increases during these economic times. They could be pricing the parks out of business like the Post Office is slowly but surely doing these last few years.

With that said, I don't think that the price is that ridiculous when compared to other places like your typical boring mini-mart price for a bottled soda, but to many people (especially with the economy now) each little price increase can impact their ability to take a vacation at our beloved Walt Disney World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom