Quick Service fountain beverage price increases now in effect

bethymouse

As long as the bathroom water filler does not eat in the bathroom, it's all good!! I agree, the bathroom water is colder! The Odyssey one in particular.

What's next, a charge for fixins bars?

What about Sunshine Seasons, do they still have free refills and free filtered ice water? Sunshine Seasons has the cleanest and best tasting free water in the parks. Definitely not Casey's, they use tap.
If they charge for fixin bars I will not buy it!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Its the magic in the bubbles that raises the costs.

Since when has movie going and purchasing of concessions been a right, just dont go. Or something.

BigTxEars

NA d
My associates in the movie theater business tell me they break even on ticket sales, sometimes even operate at a loss.

All their profits are in concessions.

Still, the prices they charge at movie theaters are just painful.

Yet I have to get popcorn and my own soda (not gonna share!) at every movie or I feel like I am missing out. Man I am just a dream customer for the theaters :confused:

tirian

Just as a point of reference, don't most Six Flags parks still charge $3.49 and $3.99 for regular and large sodas?
I hate to pull out the "Walt" card, but before the DDP, Disney traditionally taxed Guests with only a nominal upcharge for their food. Plus, the servings were so big that Guests still felt like they received a value. This was the "way Walt wanted it." (I know, I know...)

Kman101

I am starting to see more and more complaints, especially in trip reports I happen to browse through, that dining prices are getting out of hand. I'd imagine that it's becoming more clear to a lot of guests that Disney is out-pricing a lot of their supposed target audience. I don't think it's just the 'hardcorers' that are noticing anymore.

Dwarful

We also do a lot of free ice water. Actually I am an ice freak....I often ask for just ice. Now I am not saying I don't enjoy an occasional soda during the trip. But we almost always drive so we have soda in the room for free.

We go to hockey games and pay $5 for a soda with unlimited refills for that game. Tub of refillable popcorn is $7.Usually we do one popcorn refill during a game and maybe two soda refills. Now, maybe we are just lucky but we pay about $15 for two large sodas and a large tub of popcorn at the local movie theater as well. At the movies for our family we usually do one soda refill and one popcorn refill. That makes it about $2.50 a pop....not a huge increase to WDW. Wine (in glass glasses) and beer is of course much higher.

Kman101

I can understand how over the course of a 7 day stay for a family, or even a 4-day stay, that it could be costly because of the soda prices, but for a day visit, it's really not that bad of a price. You probably would buy a soda with your lunch/dinner.

Now add that up for at least 4 people for 7 days, maybe multiple times a day, I can now see that it's going to be costly (although many probably wouldn't think to even add up this cost). Of course they could just not buy the soda, but for many that's not probably not going to happen.

Me, I'm happy with the one soda, or free water. lol

Bairstow

I hate to pull out the "Walt" card, but before the DDP, Disney traditionally taxed Guests with only a nominal upcharge for their food. Plus, the servings were so big that Guests still felt like they received a value. This was the "way Walt wanted it." (I know, I know...)

We can check this.
Someone: remind me: when was the DDP introduced.

dvitali

For the price of one small Disney soda, i can get two 20 oz bottle at work ( $1.50 each), or allmost three 2 liter bottle at my local supermarket.

disney4life2008

This is so true. The famed chicken tenders basket (not the nuggets of today) - we got a lot of tenders and A LOT of fries. And we have the delicious sauces. While disney claimed the nuggets equate the same amount - its a lie. Their nugget entree size is a snack to me and the 3 fries are unacceptable.

ParentsOf4

We can check this.
Someone: remind me: when was the DDP introduced.
Since being introduced in 2005, the Disney Dining Plan (DDP) has proven to be popular with many onsite guests.

In 2005, DDP cost $35/night and included one Table Service (TS) meal consisting of appetizer, non-alcoholic beverage, main course, dessert, and 18% gratuity, one Quick Service (QS) meal consisting of non-alcoholic beverage, main course, and dessert, and one snack.

Disney now offers several DDP options, with the Standard DDP being most similar to the original DDP. The 2012 price of this plan was $51.54/night. However, the TS appetizer and 18% gratuity are no longer included. When these are factored in, the equivalent price was around $60/night.

An increase from $35/night in 2005 to $60/night in 2012 represents an annual increase of 8.0%.

In 2013, the DDP price increased another 12.5%.

BigTxEars

Ever rinse your teeth in your bathroom after brushing? I can bet money your bathroom is not as clean as Disney's

And here is where I might freak some folks out. In the morning when I shower I brush my teeth in the shower......I know, I know but that is the way we had to do it in USMC bootcamp and it stuck in my routine :confused:

Evening time is the standard way. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom