Jungle Cruise to get holiday overlay

AndyS2992

I really like that they do this but the ride is exactly the same with only one or two Christmas jokes thrown in and a decorated queue. Hope they up the festiveness this year.

prberk

Thanks. It's good that they will do that, but it's sad that they won't do the same for the Country Bear Jamboree, where it would be the most obvious fit. It seems obvious that if they can do this for the much-larger Jungle Cruise, they should be able to do it for the CBJ, especially since they already have a "Country Bear Special" programmed from years past (even if they might have to update it or change a song or two due to alleged copyright issues).

And on a side note, and with all sincere respect, Steve, I do wish that we would always start new threads when true news comes, even if it is similar to last year. It's hard to tell whether there will be real news or someone popping up and asking a question or something. Just my two cents, and I respect and appreciate your forum.

doctornick

I like that they are doing this, but agree that it would be nice it they did some seasonal stuff for other rides as well (like CBJ or HM or IASW).

dgp602

I love this! I went last year and although the overlay wasn't huge, it was a nice touch and a positive move. We are seeing so many cutbacks in entertainment and decorations that it was nice to see a plussing of a ride for a change!!

Score one for us....!!

dgp602

Hopefully they learned their lesson from last year and will do a PROPER overlay, not just cram some cheap decorations in the queue and call it a "fresh seasonal attraction".

Side note....With all these "premium package" up charges, can we warrant bringing back the CBJ holiday special?
One of my favorite overlays EVER!!!!

Last edited:

Tinkerbell 8

I'm excited to experience this this year, my first day in WDW will be 11/7 for the MVMCP. With everything they have been cutting from the parks recently I'm glad they are doing a little something special, maybe they will overlay more attractions this year as well.

JWG

Holly heck... a holiday overlay in FL?! Duffy has taken over the world... (that's the equivalent of h-e-l-l freezing over right?).

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Dear lord. It's like a failed science experiment that they need to see all the way through or just let die.

RSoxNo1

I'm glad they're bringing this back. Hopefully they plus up the overlay and script a bit, but I enjoy holiday overlays.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom