8/16 Wand Update

AUBandPilot

Come on people, pull your panties out of your butt and get over it.

This thread is a perfect example of the degradation of WDWMagic. What was once a great site is now nothing more than a arugmentative ing contest! Congrats!!

All I can say is I hope I'm never in the parks at the same time as you guys. I want to ENJOY my vacation!!

TheDisneyMagic

Thanks for the photos, I have been going to Epcot every other day watching how its coming down but haven't had an internet connection until today.

dismedic

As far as architectural/engineering marvels go...I believe Spaceship Earth is the only (or it was when it was built) raised Geodesic Dome (or sphere in this case).

If you want to look at it in that aspect...it would be like putting a giant Music note over the Sydney Opera House.

You are correct the only FREE STANDING one

goofyfan13

IT s not a monument like some may think its a BIG BALL and not the only one in existence in the world this one just happens to be in Disney. Actually if you show a picture at random to most people they have no clue what or where it is. Just for fun I tried this out of about 30 people 10 actually could name what and where the rest just shrugged .

Its still a BIG BALL that is an amusement ride call it what you may as yes it is a personal choice but the fact is it is not a national monument its a corporate icon nothing more or less. Why people try and immortalize things is beyond me.

The fact that some of your friends did not recognize it does not take away from the fact that it is an engineering marvel. Studying in the engineering field, I have come to appreciate SSE even more, and can honestly say that the structure is just as impressive as some monuments and other famous structures around the world.

Now, your entitled to you opinion, and I respect it, I'm just trying to put into perspective why some people may appreciate it more than others.

WDWEric

So.....I express an opinion that contradicts yours and others, I get attacked for it and I am being exceptionally rude?

I see.

Yes because you are new here. You will learn that if you are a newbie some people on these boards will not respect your opinion. Thats just how it is. I am not one of them so don't flame me.

Main Street USA

IT s not a monument like some may think its a BIG BALL and not the only one in existence in the world this one just happens to be in Disney. Actually if you show a picture at random to most people they have no clue what or where it is. Just for fun I tried this out of about 30 people 10 actually could name what and where the rest just shrugged .

Its still a BIG BALL that is an amusement ride call it what you may as yes it is a personal choice but the fact is it is not a national monument its a corporate icon nothing more or less. Why people try and immortalize things is beyond me.
Wow, you're wrong. Do some research.........post again if you wish. ;)

Foolish1

This is all very well and good, but where are Friday's pictures of the De-Wanding progress?

(As Capt. Jack would say, "Yes, but where's the rum?")

You see, some people (ahem, me) live for the De-Wanding pictures.

Figment82

Original Poster
From yesterday (8/17):

n19303205_30785079_9998.jpg

n19303205_30785080_424.jpg

maui2k7

Looks like maybe one more week to finish taking down the remaining structure then work on the foundation area. Following week the stars hopefully! By Early Sept SE will be back to the original look!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom