8/16 Wand Update

jmvd20

For instance, an astronaut moving faster than it would theoretically arrive at a destination before leaving.

However this is only possible with the flux capacitor...

We must also remember that if this astronaut arrives at a destination before he left he runs the risk of running into himself, thus causing a rift in the space time continuum and destroying the very fabric of the universe itself.

Source - Doctor Emmett Brown

JDM

You're being exceptionally rude ya know. If you aren't going to respect people's opinions of Spaceship Earth, you probably don't need to be on this thread.

So.....I express an opinion that contradicts yours and others, I get attacked for it and I am being exceptionally rude?

I see.

JDM

Oh and lighten up guys .. if people like the wand or dislike it so what? You may view SSE as a work of art, I certainly do, but that doesn't mean everyone has to. And everyone should be able to like certain things and post about it and not be flamed just for having a minority opinion.

Thank you "dave" for being a rare voice of tolerance and reason on this board.

It is appreciated by more people than you might think.

I-4Warrior

There's a rumor (that I'm starting right now :D ), that once they're finished tearing the structure down, that's they're going to cover SSE with a bright blue vinyl wrap emblazoned with the SIEMENS logo. :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

There's a rumor (that I'm starting right now :D ), that once they're finished tearing the structure down, that's they're going to cover SSE with a bright blue vinyl wrap emblazoned with the SIEMENS logo. :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

You should so get hurt for that comment :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::sohappy:

TestTrack

So.....I express an opinion that contradicts yours and others, I get attacked for it and I am being exceptionally rude?

I see.

You have been antagonistic since your first post in this thread with your comment "But then, unlike so many others, she will be taught that "things change" and encouraged to embrace it.". You shouldn't be surprised you got the responses you did.

Then you attacked another members post regarding their opinion about SSE:

IT'S NOT THE STATUE OF LIBERTY, THE WASHINGTON MONUMENT, MOUNT RUSHMORE, THE PYRAMIDS OR STONEHENGE!!!

It's a freakin' theme park ride!!

Granted, it's one that we all--including myself--enjoyed very much and plan to enjoy again no matter what it looks like, but nevertheless--it's a ride.

But, GEEZ, people.........let's get some perspective.

To quote some others--"if you don't like it, don't go" (or in this case, just avert your eyes)

WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY???????

So again, don't act as if you did not do anything to garner the attention that you did.

JDM

You have been antagonistic since your first post in this thread with your commend "I have taught her to accept and embrace changes unlike some people here". You shouldn't be surprised you got the responses you did.

Wrong. I (and others who express similar opinions) have been attacked from the get-go on this.

But, you're right about one thing---I'm not surprised.

TestTrack

Wrong. I (and others who express similar opinions) have been attacked from the get-go on this.

But, you're right about one thing---I'm not surprised.

An interesting defense. "I have been attacked in the past about wand issues so now I can attack others".

I-4Warrior

Wow... can we all gain a little perspective here and realize that you're arguing over an icon at a theme park? If you don't stop yelling, I'm going to turn this car around.

TestTrack

Wow... can we all gain a little perspective here and realize that you're arguing over an icon at a theme park? If you don't stop yelling, I'm going to turn this car around.

I am not arguing over the icon to a park. I have never attacked anyone's opinion on the wand and that includes JDM's. I am simply stating that JDM came into this thread with a chip on his shoulder and, because of it, got the attention he did.

dismedic

IT s not a monument like some may think its a BIG BALL and not the only one in existence in the world this one just happens to be in Disney. Actually if you show a picture at random to most people they have no clue what or where it is. Just for fun I tried this out of about 30 people 10 actually could name what and where the rest just shrugged .

Its still a BIG BALL that is an amusement ride call it what you may as yes it is a personal choice but the fact is it is not a national monument its a corporate icon nothing more or less. Why people try and immortalize things is beyond me.

dave2822

IT s not a monument like some may think its a BIG BALL and not the only one in existence in the world this one just happens to be in Disney. Actually if you show a picture at random to most people they have no clue what or where it is. Just for fun I tried this out of about 30 people 10 actually could name what and where the rest just shrugged .

Its still a BIG BALL that is an amusement ride call it what you may as yes it is a personal choice but the fact is it is not a national monument its a corporate icon nothing more or less. Why people try and immortalize things is beyond me.

And if that's your opinion, then that's great, everyone's opinion is welcome. However, not everyone feels that way. Many on this board feel that SSE is a structural and engineering icon. Many feel that it represents something more than what it is, which is the same that can be said for any national monument.

I mean the Eiffel Tower wasn't built for anything but a world's fair. It's not a natural wonder, but many certainly feel it represents a great deal more than just a tower, and have significant emotional attachment to it.

And guess what? Who ... cares ... ?

I have found significantly greater attachment to objects significantly less impressive to the anyday observer than the Eiffel Tower or SSE. It's just like art. What's priceless to one can look like nothing more than random paint strokes to another. You're welcome to your opinion, but don't discount others. It's a lesson to learn in everything you do.

WDWFREAK53

As far as architectural/engineering marvels go...I believe Spaceship Earth is the only (or it was when it was built) raised Geodesic Dome (or sphere in this case).

If you want to look at it in that aspect...it would be like putting a giant Music note over the Sydney Opera House.

jmvd20

If you want to look at it in that aspect...it would be like putting a giant Music note over the Sydney Opera House.

As long as that music note had shiny things on it with a sign that said "Opera" and lit up at night it would be fine with me...

;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom