7DMT: E Ticket??

What "ticket" will 7DMT be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tonka's Skipper

Bless your heart, Tonka, but if this is an "out of the park home run", how would you label an attraction such as Splash, which has waaaay more theming, more thrills, story, AA's, views, sight gags, etc.? Not to mention it took less time to build and is based of a far less popular IP. It shows the difference between quality through and through (SplashM), and quality in doses (7DMT), and by doses, you get one great scene (the mine) and a decent scene at the end (cottage), what else is there? The bare forest that is "enchanted" in name only? Im not picking the ride apart, I cant wait to experience it, but I think people are desperate to prove that FLE is better than it is.

Its a nice addition to MK, but for the time and money sunk into FLE and the lack of anything truly awe-inspiring, its nothing that will actually be a driving force to keep guests coming back. For most families, their first stop at MK is going to be the real "out of the park home run" attractions like HM, POTC, SM, Pan, etc. Those are the attractions created by a higher caliber of Imagineers who obviously knew more about every aspect of creating magic than the current regime does.

You are of course entitled to your opinion and I have stated/posted my reasons, so we can agree to disagree.

I will note and disagree that there are people desperate to prove NFL is any better then it is. What I do see is a few desperate to prove 7dmt is less then it is.

AKK

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I will note and disagree that there are people desperate to prove NFL is any better then it is. What I do see is a few desperate to prove 7dmt is less then it is.

I think you have hit the nail on the head. Several people on this site seem to look for the worst in everything Disney does at Walt Disney World. The new coaster is just what the Magic Kingdom needed, a family ride that is full of Disney Magic.

Disneyhead'71

I think you have hit the nail on the head. Several people on this site seem to look for the worst in everything Disney does at Walt Disney World. The new coaster is just what the Magic Kingdom needed, a family ride that is full of Disney Magic.
The MK needs a new actual multi attraction expansion to deal with it's capacity issues. Disney knows this, but refuse to put the money into a major expansion. Expansions are expensive. So instead of ponying up the Billion to actually fix the problem they spent $2+ Billion for a band aid and are just letting the problem fester.

Tonka's Skipper

Thank you!. HOWEVER disneyhead 71 is right as well. The Mk needs another multi attraction addition, whether that is one attraction per land or anew land!. In time that will come, because the capacity issue is getting bigger and bigger.

The other alternative is to limit admissions which is not the best choice.

AKK

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
You are of course entitled to your opinion and I have stated/posted my reasons, so we can agree to disagree.

AKK
I respect your candor, but just because some people are looking at it for what it really is (a cute coaster) doesn't mean they're trying to make it less than it is.

FLE is expansion has not and won't become the draw Disney wants it to be. Largely because they value engineered it to death. Show me where the value engineering is in anything in the old Fantasyland. It doesn't exist. They didn't allow it because they knew it would make for an inferior product than they were capable of producing. Today, "good enough" is acceptable to Disney, and sadley, it's guests as well.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
a family ride that is full of Disney Magic.

Full of magic, or has two scenes with magic? You say people look for the worst, they don't, just looking for some resemblance of how it used to be done, which was the correct way. By praising the value engineering your basically giving them the green light to continue doing it. And for the record, I have yet to see a post where someone claims 7DMT is horrible. If someone doesn't pee their pants with excitement for it that doesn't mean they hate it .

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
I'll wait and see when I ride it this summer, always hate to pass judgement on something I haven't done yet in person. Videos are great for getting an idea but sometimes they simply lack all that goes into the environment that make something greater than its sum of parts.

Tonka's Skipper

Full of magic, or has two scenes with magic? You say people look for the worst, they don't, just looking for some resemblance of how it used to be done, which was the correct way. By praising the value engineering your basically giving them the green light to continue doing it. And for the record, I have yet to see a post where someone claims 7DMT is horrible. If someone doesn't pee their pants with excitement for it that doesn't mean they hate it .

I don't see the value engineering in the 7DMT,it has space limits, but other wise it is and amazing attraction with all the plusses to make it a E ticket. The theming of BOG is tops as well. So there is parts of the NFL that is done the old and correct way.

I really don't care if someone else disagrees with me......to each their own, but the argument that other attractions are in some way diminished by saying the 7dmt is a E ticket just doesn't hold water.

As for the rest of NFL, I will pass my judgment in October.

One area we seem to really disagree is that the major attraction is what makes or breaks a new land or area. The magic and pixie dust of Disney is so much more then that.....its all the little things we love and see and do, that make Disney what it is and why other parks can touch them.

AKK

Mawg

Thank you!. HOWEVER disneyhead 71 is right as well. The Mk needs another multi attraction addition, whether that is one attraction per land or anew land!. In time that will come, because the capacity issue is getting bigger and bigger.

The other alternative is to limit admissions which is not the best choice.

AKK
I disagree with your statement that the MK needs a multi attraction addition or one attraction per land. I agree that the MK is overly crowded. The nighttime shows are great but they really should have thought about it before they decided to put on a show in the heaviest traffic area of the park. Not that I would want them to get rid of them now but it was a bad idea to the start in my opinion.

Instead the issues are with the other 3 parks. Epcot draws it's share of crowds and is large enough to accommodate large crowds. However, they need to do more for the younger crowds and draw some away from the MK. AK and HS, most regard these as half day parks. Where to you think they go the other half of the day? Epcot or MK.

I would love to see more additions for MK but as a business decision their goals should really be to try and even out the crowds more evenly between all 4 parks before they consider any additions in the MK.

Bocabear

&DMT looks to be a lovely attraction and a nice addition to The Magic Kingdom... No, it is not an E Ticket so no need to continue ask...Disney came out and said it was not an E Ticket attraction... Why are we even talking about this....It looks nice. looks well done, no, not the quality of Splash... but nice.
It was not a slam out of the park, a pinnacle of design, but a good solid nice addition...
Maybe when they get to Frozen they will knock it out of the park...
But to say that this is not an E ticket does not make it any less nice...
Disney does a great job of hyping themselves and patting themselves on the back..

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I don't see the value engineering in the 7DMT,it has space limits, but other wise it is and amazing attraction with all the plusses to make it a E ticket. The theming of BOG is tops as well. So there is parts of the NFL that is done the old and correct way.

I really don't care if someone else disagrees with me......to each their own, but the argument that other attractions are in some way diminished by saying the 7dmt is a E ticket just doesn't hold water.

As for the rest of NFL, I will pass my judgment in October.

One area we seem to really disagree is that the major attraction is what makes or breaks a new land or area. The magic and pixie dust of Disney is so much more then that.....its all the little things we love and see and do, that make Disney what it is and why other parks can touch them.

AKK
I could care less if the attraction is "major" or not but if they want to refer to it as "the crowning jewel" of FL then they should have put more effort into it, especially with all the time it took. Have a story to go along with the ride. Like I said before, look at the older rides that have theming and storytelling throughout the ride and look at 7DMT that only has segments of it (two). Watch the interviews with imagineers about 7DMT, they all keep saying how they are telling the story through the eyes of the dwarves. Whats the story? They merely show the dwarves working in the mine. Does that constitute as a story? Where are "the little things" as you call them? Outside of the mine scene and cottage its just trees and plants. Does vegetation give you a deeper insight on a story told "through the eyes of a dwarf"? Are they gardeners when theyre not mining?

Tonka's Skipper

&DMT looks to be a lovely attraction and a nice addition to The Magic Kingdom... No, it is not an E Ticket so no need to continue ask...Disney came out and said it was not an E Ticket attraction... Why are we even talking about this....It looks nice. looks well done, no, not the quality of Splash... but nice.
It was not a slam out of the park, a pinnacle of design, but a good solid nice addition...
Maybe when they get to Frozen they will knock it out of the park...
But to say that this is not an E ticket does not make it any less nice...
Disney does a great job of hyping themselves and patting themselves on the back..

Good Day Bocabear.

I am not asking , I am stating my opinion, based on the reasons I have previously noted. You and others are of course free to your opinion.

Disney imaginers stated back while the intended to build a D ticket. However when it all came together, in my opinion and many others, they beat their goal and made a home run E ticket.

Frozen would be a great choice for a very large E ticket, I totally agree there.

AKK

Tonka's Skipper

I could care less if the attraction is "major" or not but if they want to refer to it as "the crowning jewel" of FL then they should have put more effort into it, especially with all the time it took. Have a story to go along with the ride. Like I said before, look at the older rides that have theming and storytelling throughout the ride and look at 7DMT that only has segments of it (two). Watch the interviews with imagineers about 7DMT, they all keep saying how they are telling the story through the eyes of the dwarves. Whats the story? They merely show the dwarves working in the mine. Does that constitute as a story? Where are "the little things" as you call them? Outside of the mine scene and cottage its just trees and plants. Does vegetation give you a deeper insight on a story told "through the eyes of a dwarf"? Are they gardeners when theyre not mining?

I bow to my error that the Major attraction thing. was your view also............however there are others with that view.

As to the story, they are telling *part* of the SW story though the eyes of the dwarfs. the short scene of the house and the witch ties it into the larger story, However its is not the whole story.

I have agreed before, that if this attraction has a draw back, it is that it is somewhat short.

As to *little things*, in that para was I was referring the Disney in general.

AKK

Disneyhead'71

Good Day Bocabear.

I am not asking , I am stating my opinion, based on the reasons I have previously noted. You and others are of course free to your opinion.

Disney imaginers stated back while the intended to build a D ticket. However when it all came together, in my opinion and many others, they beat their goal and made a home run E ticket.

Frozen would be a great choice for a very large E ticket, I totally agree there.

AKK
E Tickets ARE large. Grand in scope. 7DMT is a modest coaster with great themeing.

Tonka's Skipper

I disagree with your statement that the MK needs a multi attraction addition or one attraction per land. I agree that the MK is overly crowded. The nighttime shows are great but they really should have thought about it before they decided to put on a show in the heaviest traffic area of the park. Not that I would want them to get rid of them now but it was a bad idea to the start in my opinion.

Instead the issues are with the other 3 parks. Epcot draws it's share of crowds and is large enough to accommodate large crowds. However, they need to do more for the younger crowds and draw some away from the MK. AK and HS, most regard these as half day parks. Where to you think they go the other half of the day? Epcot or MK.

I would love to see more additions for MK but as a business decision their goals should really be to try and even out the crowds more evenly between all 4 parks before they consider any additions in the MK.

You do make some good points!

AKK

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Where is it Marni? This thread?

As In said though, I am talking E ticket with the 7DMT and BOG, not all of the NFL. I will be there in the fall to judge the rest.

AKK
How is a restaurant an E ticket? I think BoG is one of the best things in FLE in terms of theme and detail though. Not arguing it's charm and beauty at all.​

I say the following with the utmost respect and a touch of humor from one Disney fan to another; your overwhelming desire to label the coaster an E ticket has led me to believe that you are either, A: the hardest of hard core pixie dusters or B: getting paid by Disney to spread love for it at all costs. Either way I respect your love for it and the brand.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
How is a restaurant an E ticket? I think BoG is one of the best things in FLE in terms of theme and detail though. Not arguing it's charm and beauty at all.​

I say the following with the utmost respect and a touch of humor from one Disney fan to another; your overwhelming desire to label the coaster an E ticket has led me to believe that you are either, A: the hardest of hard core pixie dusters or B: getting paid by Disney to spread love for it at all costs. Either way I respect your love for it and the brand.

The Tangled area is definitely an E-Ticket restroom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom