What "ticket" will 7DMT be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
(00,

I apologized if I mis understood your comments...no problem,

I am not a big fan of all of FNL, I do believe in the E ticket value of 7DMT. I think most of NFL was mis designed from the very beginning. Mermaid if any attraction was *value* engineered,that was it. The double Dumbo was a great idea, as its a low capacity attraction and needed the extra capacity. This Disney treasure and classic is still after 50 + years at DL and WDW and is loved by millions and I hate the comments putting it down as dated or old or whatever. I cannot help but wonder if any other parks will have rides as loved and popular after that many years. Disney has a lot of them.

If you read most of my posts you would see I think Iger is a major problem, along with his budget cutting bean counters. He had no idea what Disney was about and the magic of the company. He's bottom line guy interested only in the next quarter and that is what has led to the problems Disney has. Yes they are making good profits, but he doesn't see he's hurting the magic of the company. He hurting the name of Disney as quality and family and magic, something that if loss will be very hard to get make.

There is nothing wrong with making money, but he's killing the golden goose as they say.

What do I believe in???......Walt and Roy, two people that came together to build joy and wonder for millions of people. Walt tried his best to teach us all that in children there is a little adult and in adults, there is a lot of childhood. Every time I saw the joy, wonder, fantasy and love in my kids faces and the faces of lots of other kids when they saw and met a Disney character or rode a attractions or had a little pixie dust from a CM or even just a friendly guest, I thanked Uncle Walt and Roy. I am sorry and others will disagree, but I never see that same joy and love in other parks.

Before someone says it, of course they both wanted to make money and in the end they did, but more important they gave millions of families and people, millions of memories and joy.

I get tired of some cheap comments being made by some, putting down anything WDW. I honestly believe some have this idea that to protect Uni, they need to put down or degrade anything Disney. I don''t put UNI down, I think they did a great job on HP. However we don't care for much of the rest.

I am hoping that the 7DMT is a turn around, and things will change. I like the many new attractions and shows and things being added. WDW is so much more then just the next E ticket/thrill ride. It will take time, but it can happen.

Any way I respect yours and others opinion that 7dmt is a D ticket, but in the end it will not matter, it will be a immensely popular favorite attraction, a Disney family classic, loved by millions of guests.

Anyway, let me get off my soap box.

Best Regards.................AKK

Theres the doom and gloom I was looking for! lol. JK. I agree with you on many points. Ive said it before, Im not the biggest fan of NFL either, but I do not hate it. I actually think Dumbo was well done and while Mermaid def. cut some corners, I still ride it every time. I have little to say about the circus tents so just pretend Im making a fart noise out loud and that sums it up. I will say this about 7DMT, I dont pick at what it is, Its gonna be very fun and as critical as I am of it, I will leave all that behind the first time I queue up for it and Im gonna have a big smile on my face. I only pick at what it is lacking (a few extra touches) and/or the spin Disney puts on it (the whole "story through the dwarfs eyes" flim flam).

I watched Saving Mr Banks again last night (hence the flim flam remark) and I love the scene where they are at DL and he points out the spires on the Castle and the gold plating. Walt mentions how Roy was against it so he waited until he was out of town to have it done. I couldnt help but think if Iger or any other execs took note of that and really understood why Walt would do that. There is no ROI for it, it wasnt a mathematically calculated move, he couldnt even convince his own brother that it was a good thing but he did it anyway. It doesnt always have to make financial sense to be a winner.

I'm sure we can argue till the cows come home about 7DMT being E ticket or not, in the end who cares, lets just enjoy the new attraction and keep positive thoughts for the future of the parks.

IWant2GoNow

There was definitely a waterfall running during construction. Most of the videos are aiming the direction of the track so you can't see the waterfall which is beside the track.
Thanks, danlb! I figured it was still there or else I would probably see a lot more hate posts about them ditching the waterfall... which I probably would have joined in on. :)

MOXOMUMD

Thanks, danlb! I figured it was still there or else I would probably see a lot more hate posts about them ditching the waterfall... which I probably would have joined in on. :)
I probably definitely would have joined in. Water features, like the waterfalls, are a nice addition to theming. I just hope they don't go the way of some fountains in WDW. Turned off to "save water" to never been turned on again.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I know it is not an E-ticket. I've had an extra E-ticket for decades and Disney won't take if for anything. I consider this tacit acknowledgement of the problems associated with the current attraction lineup.

lebeau

After riding it, I would classify the ride as a definite E-Ticket.

credibilityzero.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom