Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
On course during my first Disney half (and every Disney run) I stopped at every hydration stop and switch between PowerAid/Water. Usually I run on an empty stomach.

I’ve always taken the sport beans but never actually ate them. Just put them in my belt.
Same, I'm a banana an hour+ before a race and that's about it for food wise.
I like the sports beans after a race.

I never used gels during races until I started training for a marathon and I looked into the most natural things I could use as sources of energy.
I often will have an apple sauce squeeze packet before a run if I am going after work and don’t feel like I have enough energy to fuel my run.
I enjoy those during the Fall weather runs! I've found many squeeze packets better on my belly than some gels or drinks... plus they're so easy to open and close. Your Adverse comment made me laugh from remembering all the times things didn't work for me, which at the time I didn't find funny.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
@Surferboy567,

I'd suggest looking into buying an hydration vest. Mine has plenty of pockets in the front for my phone, chews, car keys, little individual hand sanitizing wipes, ID, etc. I use the cups of plain water at the hydration tables to pour over my head if it's a particularly hot half, like a few of the Princess Halfs were. Some suggest alternating between Powerade and water at the tables - grab a cup of water at the first table, then Powerade at the 2nd, then back to water, then Powerade....

Surferboy567

@Surferboy567,

I'd suggest looking into buying an hydration vest. Mine has plenty of pockets in the front for my phone, chews, car keys, little individual hand sanitizing wipes, ID, etc. I use the cups of plain water at the hydration tables to pour over my head if it's a particularly hot half, like a few of the Princess Halfs were. Some suggest alternating between Powerade and water at the tables - grab a cup of water at the first table, then Powerade at the 2nd, then back to water, then Powerade....
I was thinking about changing to a hydration vest. Currently, I use a flip belt for races for storage. For longer distances it may be worth looking into though. My only concern is the added weight.

EDIT: I can also attest that the switching off between water and powerade works I have done that at every disney race that has offered powerade on course.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I was thinking about changing to a hydration vest. Currently, I use a flip belt for races for storage. For longer distances it may be worth looking into though. My only concern is the added weight.

EDIT: I can also attest that the switching off between water and powerade works I have done that at every disney race that has offered powerade on course.

I was concerned about the same, but as long as you don't overfill the vest's bladder, you'll be fine. Yes, I did that for a race, lol.

Rose&Crown

The Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend is an annual event held at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida. It is a multi-day race series that attracts participants from all over the world. The event typically takes place in January and includes various races catering to different skill levels and age groups.

The marathon weekend usually features the following races:

1. Walt Disney World Marathon: The main event, a 26.2-mile race that takes participants through all four Walt Disney World theme parks.
  2. Half Marathon: A 13.1-mile race that offers runners a chance to experience the magic of Disney while covering a shorter distance.
  3. 10K: A 6.2-mile race that provides a fun and challenging course through the resort property.
  4. 5K: A 3.1-mile race suitable for beginners or those looking for a shorter distance option.
  5. runDisney Kids Races: Various kids' races are available for children of different age groups, allowing them to participate in the magical experience.
The Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend offers a unique and entertaining race experience, with runners often dressed in creative costumes and the opportunity to run through iconic Disney locations. Participants can expect a well-organized event, energetic atmosphere, and the chance to earn commemorative medals and enjoy post-race celebrations.

Whether you're an avid runner, Disney fan, or simply looking for a memorable and enjoyable race experience, the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend offers something for everyone.
feel like chatgpt wrote this

Surferboy567

Am I seeing things or is that a glow on the Dopey medal? It’s super faint but I think that’s a light/glow.

I like these set of medals I think the marathon medal is my favorite. Dopey is simple but still has a functional design. Hoping this simplicity carries over to the merch.

pdude81

Am I seeing things or is that a glow on the Dopey medal? It’s super faint but I think that’s a light/glow.

I like these set of medals I think the marathon medal is my favorite. Dopey is simple but still has a functional design. Hoping this simplicity carries over to the merch.
Indeed. They show one in dark or shadows with the glow. Similar to the light in the Figment challenge medal for Wine and Dine. I'll take it.

Unfortunately it just seems boring and it's not like a pile of different colored (mined) gems that light up.

pdude81

Does anybody remember how late the expo stayed open last year on Wednesday (first day)? I'm looking at flights now and considering flying out of PHL in the afternoon instead of an early flight from farther off.

Surferboy567

Does anybody remember how late the expo stayed open last year on Wednesday (first day)? I'm looking at flights now and considering flying out of PHL in the afternoon instead of an early flight from farther off.
Participants must attend the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo at least one day prior to their first event to pick up their race bib, participant shirt and pre-purchased merchandise.

Wednesday, January 3, 2024 | 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Thursday, January 4, 2024 | 12:00 PM - 7:00 PM

Friday, January 5, 2024 | 12:00 PM - 7:00 PM

Saturday, January 6, 2024 | 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM

LAKid53

Premium Member

I wouldn't. With all the cancellations and delays...and flying out of Philly in the winter...it's too big a risk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom