7 Dwarfs Mine Train was...

wdwstateofmind

Original Poster
...absolutely amazing! I told my wife there was no way they could go 24 hours without opening it and I was spot on. Finally, Disney did something right with a ride (it's been a while). After 15 seconds I wrote it off as another barnstormer and had my heart ripped out only to realize what was going on...Disney then proceeded to force my heart right back down my throat...but seriously, I've never heard more happy, singing people on a ride; well worth the 60 minute wait last night.

Last edited:

virk4

...absolutely amazing! I told my wife there was no way they could go 24 hours without opening it and I was spot on. Finally, Disney did something right with a ride (it's been a while). After 15 seconds I wrote it off as another barnstormer and had my heart ripped out only to realize what was going on...Disney then proceeded to force my heart right back down my throat...but seriously, I've never hard more happy, singing people on a ride; well worth the 60 minute wait last night.

rct247

There were plans for a single rider line, but it would have been set up very similar to how Toy Story Midway Mania was if I recall where it wouldn't really be much of a separate line and would mix with Fastpass.

So the operations team is trying something else to avoid sending empty seats. After the merge point, guests from both Fastpass & Standby are asked how many are in their group. If they are even numbers they get sent in one post-merge queue and if they are odds then they are sent through a different one. The thought process behind it is that 2 odd groups would even out (3+5=8 or 1+3=4). This would avoid the need for a true single rider line.

C&D

So they did slip in a 'soft opening'; or is it open (launch date was announced to be 5/28) so thinking you got lucky. Good for you (and the others at the right place/right time). We missed (by a couple weeks) be back in December though.

Hooguru

There were plans for a single rider line, but it would have been set up very similar to how Toy Story Midway Mania was if I recall where it wouldn't really be much of a separate line and would mix with Fastpass.

So the operations team is trying something else to avoid sending empty seats. After the merge point, guests from both Fastpass & Standby are asked how many are in their group. If they are even numbers they get sent in one post-merge queue and if they are odds then they are sent through a different one. The thought process behind it is that 2 odd groups would even out (3+5=8 or 1+3=4). This would avoid the need for a true single rider line.

For last night, at least, I can attest that they seemed to be filling empty seats. We are a group of three and got slotted next to another 3 with our thirds riding together.

This might be made more likely because there are individual ride restraints for riders (not one for both riders in a car, but one for each rider). This caught me off guard as I'm XXXL and I usually take advantage of the extra space afforded by being a single rider in a double car on other rides. Really had to jam that restraint down over my knees/legs. But loved the ride!

Marc Gil

I rode at 3:00 in the morning for Rock Your Disney Side, and it was fabulous! Although, it wasn't worth the two hour wait.

But I must say, the dwarves looked fantastic! That was definitely the highlight of the ride! The coaster itself was amazingly smooth and quiet. The big drop was awesome as well!

Sped2424

I loved the ride, it was a good romp and definitely one of my new fantasyland favorites. That said if I had to complain I would say it needed to be longer, with at least one more indoor show scene. I was really surprised at how much fun the swinging of the carts was.

Kman101

I loved the ride, it was a good romp and definitely one of my new fantasyland favorites. That said if I had to complain I would say it needed to be longer, with at least one more indoor show scene. I was really surprised at how much fun the swinging of the carts was.

Completely agree with this. I rode four times so that has to say something, lol. It was fun. It would be really stellar if there were more to it.

Sped2424

Completely agree with this. I rode four times so that has to say something, lol. It was fun. It would be really stellar if there were more to it.
That's the thing, they could have made this one of the exciting and fun E tickets the magic kingdom has ever seen. Had the track just been longer and there were more show scenes. But I just love the ride, I guess we will have to settle for what it is rather than what it could have been! It is a lovely first coaster experience for the little ones.

wdwstateofmind

Original Poster

They're doing it by having 2 or 3 separate lines you get in after you tell them how many and right before the mine cars to ensure they are all full...

wdwstateofmind

Original Poster
I rode at 3:00 in the morning for Rock Your Disney Side, and it was fabulous! Although, it wasn't worth the two hour wait.

But I must say, the dwarves looked fantastic! That was definitely the highlight of the ride! The coaster itself was amazingly smooth and quiet. The big drop was awesome as well!
I was so disappointed after 15 seconds and then the mine made up for everything...mind blown by colors and the slow troll down the tracks encouraging you to sing along...

darthspielberg

I got to ride today. When I got to the end of the line, their sign read 60 minutes, and they said that was a firm estimate. I decided to try it anyway and was on the ride within 35 minutes tops. It was great, even at it's short length. The themeing was superb and the ride offered mild thrill with a huge helping of nostalgia.

wdwstateofmind

Original Poster
I got to ride today. When I got to the end of the line, their sign read 60 minutes, and they said that was a firm estimate. I decided to try it anyway and was on the ride within 35 minutes tops. It was great, even at it's short length. The themeing was superb and the ride offered mild thrill with a huge helping of nostalgia.
Ours said 90 minutes and it ended up being 60...i think the three separate lines right before you board to maximize the usage really helps the speed of the line.

Magenta Panther

...absolutely amazing! I told my wife there was no way they could go 24 hours without opening it and I was spot on. Finally, Disney did something right with a ride (it's been a while). After 15 seconds I wrote it off as another barnstormer and had my heart ripped out only to realize what was going on...Disney then proceeded to force my heart right back down my throat...but seriously, I've never heard more happy, singing people on a ride; well worth the 60 minute wait last night.

Oh, that is wonderful news! I too changed my mind when I saw a fuller video of it. Sure, it could have been longer, could have been more, but what it IS looks absolutely charming and a great tribute to Walt's first film. I can't wait to ride it myself.

Kman101

I found the queue to be relaxing and pleasant and cool (cool in terms of the shade and fans, very nice) so I didn't mind waiting in that, but my opinion, I wouldn't wait more than an hour for it, honestly. It's a nice ride but it's like the Fantasyland dark rides. I really enjoy them but I would never wait over an hour for them for a 2 minute ride. JMO. And I feel like even an hour is pushing it, lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom