7/11/2004 20k Lagoon Pics

MissM

Daaaaaaymmmnnn.

*is speechless for a few moments*

Do you mind, mkt, if I add your shots to my 20k deconstruction gallery? I'll keep your copyright notice of course and link to your site for credit if it's ok. I'll be there Monday, but these shots with the bulldozer right on site is too critical and I'd hate to miss it in the process.

Just wow. I can't believe how much has been going on all of a sudden. Anything in April? Nah, not really. May? No, not to much. June? Eh, still very much the same. July? Tear that thing down RIGHT THIS VERY MOMENT.

Weirdness.
-m

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
MissM said:
Do you mind, mkt, if I add your shots to my 20k deconstruction gallery? I'll keep your copyright notice of course and link to your site for credit if it's ok. I'll be there Monday, but these shots with the bulldozer right on site is too critical and I'd hate to miss it in the process.

you are more than welcome to use any photos on my site as long as the copyright notice remains and credit is given :D

I'll add a link to your page as well on mine, next time I get around to fiddling with it.

WDWScottieBoy

Rob (mkt), thanks for those pictures. I will be at MK in 9 days and I'll make sure that I get some pictures of 20K and do my best to get them on here. I still remember the good ol' days (well not really since the ride had been closed) of seeing 20K from the skyway. I'll do my best to find that picture and get it scanned for MissM if you would like it and just to have on here for others to see as well. It's such a sad thing to see leave, but at the same time, after sitting there for 10 years not open, it's about time they do something with it. Hopefully they announce what will go in it's place soon and get working on it so that it doesn't sit empty for such along period of time...AGAIN!

BalooChicago

MissM said:
While I completely understand what you're saying about the weight of the old 20k lending itself to the ability for a new ride to be there, there are two problems.

Neither weight, nor underground utilities will be an impediment to whatever future construction is planned. Foundations for commercial structures (including rides) are not like the foundation in your house. Given the likely expense of the replacement, if it is warranted, the utilites could be rerouted, or the structure of the foundation could be designed so as to not place a load on the existing tunnels. The later is done all the time. (And Mission:Space is right about the fact that the water will likely place a greater load on the tunnel than just about anything that will replace it.)

rwcrazy

Wow

My kids keep asking me about the ride and what was it like, they will never know. I wish when I rode it I had taken a camera and taken pics. But then again I think I was only like 8 or 9 (maybe) when I rode it last..
Rwcrazy :brick:

kevmagkingdom

Account Suspended
In responce to the one who asked if the Triton fountain had been protected, it was removed a few weeks before demolition.

Ariel's Grotto is being kept. But they will be "theme matching" (aka rehabbing) it soon to make it look less like it bordered on water.

Fantasyland Festival (which had been in the loading area) is gone and I believe closed maybe a few months ((??)) prior to the demolition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom