5th gate

BeanSz

What I said last this was brought up is still true today. It is something that I don't see this happening for 5 reasons. WDW has parks that are not a whole day park to to a lot of people. The 2nd issue is cost to run 5 parks. The 3rd reason is Disney doesn't do a lot of maintenance at WDW as a whole and it shows like for Fantasmic!. The 4th reason is people will complain that the 5th gate isn't a whole day park. Walt Disney World World be competing against itself for attendance if there is a 5th park. That means Walt Disney World Attendance wouldn't decrease, but it wouldn't increase at the time. That also means the 5 parks will be fighting for the same person.

While Avatarland is going to turn AK from a half a day park to anywhere from a 3/4 of a day park or a whole day park, DHS needs a lot of work from turning it from being a half a day park based on what a lot of people thing about the park.

DHS has more stuff to do than it did back when I first went there in 1991, but at the same time DHS isn't what you call a whole a day park. DHS to do something with Sounds Dangerous, and Studios Backlot Tour currently in terms of replacing the attractions.

WOW -- we spent 9 days at WDW in September -- did NO water parks and only DTD one afternoon and still we could not get to do everything we wanted to do in each of the parks and it not like we took days off or big chunks out of our day to enjoy the resorts, pools or just sleep in....I think I would explode if there was a 5th gate right now.

Thrill

WOW -- we spent 9 days at WDW in September -- did NO water parks and only DTD one afternoon and still we could not get to do everything we wanted to do in each of the parks and it not like we took days off or big chunks out of our day to enjoy the resorts, pools or just sleep in....I think I would explode if there was a 5th gate right now.

This is another big reason, though it somewhat overlaps with cannibalization of attendance.

If I have to go to five parks, I am spending more time on a bus or a boat or a monorail or in a car or what have you. That's less time in shops, and therefore, less time spending money and more time creating a cost (because Disney has to pay for transportation services). It seems insignificant, but it's yet another cost of building a fifth park, on top of the already huge capital investment.

Jakester

Don't expect it until Magic Kingdom gets a couple more additions (and new day parade), Epcot gets Fixed, DHS gets it DCA Style Revamp, and DAK gets Avatar and nighttime entertainment.

IMO, 4 parks are enough, and all can hold the possibilities and ideas WDI can hold, besides, what could a 5th gate be themed to ?? Marvel seems like such a waste of a 5th gate and a failure, like 2001 - 2007 DCA

Figment2005

I don't really think they would put out a new park anytime soon, and I actually hope they don't. I would rather be able to spend my vacation at 4 fully functional and entertaining parks, than 5 parks consisting of 2 or 3 full days and 2 "i'm bored now" parks. Just my 2 cents.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
This is another big reason, though it somewhat overlaps with cannibalization of attendance.

If I have to go to five parks, I am spending more time on a bus or a boat or a monorail or in a car or what have you. That's less time in shops, and therefore, less time spending money and more time creating a cost (because Disney has to pay for transportation services). It seems insignificant, but it's yet another cost of building a fifth park, on top of the already huge capital investment.

Very much a part of the Law of Diminishing Returns.

BrittanyRose428

Lol fifth gate threads. Isn't Avatarland something "fresh"? And oh, I don't know that big expansion going on in Fantasyland? And the Art of Animation hotel... But wait we need a fifth gate to stay fresh what am I thinking...

hemloc

439943453.jpg

JWG

No way. As alreeady stated, no gain for Disney. People are already maxing out their vacation time to come to Disney and not getting to do everything there is to do. This means that pele will either have to do less of everything available or stay longer.

People will not stay longer. A week is about all you can hope for from someone. There's already more than a weeks worth of stuff here to do.

Tis gets back to other points, cannibalization of attendance at the other parks and not enough time.

We leave tomorrow after 9 full days here. Granted, we didnt hit the parks open to close and hit numerous attractions more than once, but we didn't see near everything there is to do. Especially the non-theme park stuff.

InsiderImagine

I'm only going to say this once probably cause I'm a little drunk. A 5th park is already in the pipeline. It's a boutique park and worth the price to get into. A lot of things are going to be announced within the next six months. Expansion to Hollywood studios. Major attractions and other things coming to Epcot. I can confidently say the Disney renianscence is among us.

InsiderImagine

The only reason why a new park is being constructed is Disney knows that the four parks are going to be full day parks. And there is tons of money still to be made.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I'm only going to say this once probably cause I'm a little drunk. A 5th park is already in the pipeline. It's a boutique park and worth the price to get into. A lot of things are going to be announced within the next six months. Expansion to Hollywood studios. Major attractions and other things coming to Epcot. I can confidently say the Disney renianscence is among us.

Normally drunk people ramble.....

WDW1974

Thanks for setting the record straight! :rolleyes::ROFLOL::drevil:

PHEW!?!! I was getting tired of all the Disney haters saying we weren't getting the MAGICal fifth (as well as 6th, 7th and mystical 8th) gate(s).

And things are going to be announced in the next six months. I sure can't wait to hear about Spectromagic's return, DVC additions and, if we wish and hope enough, 'maybe' a new daytime MK parade.

Why? ... Just why?

~GFC~

Can we please fix DHS first? I hate this idea of "we need something fresh, lets build a new park!" Why not give DHS a face lift and make it full of new fresh experiences? For example:

Hollywood Boulevard: Updated Great Movie Ride, American Idol (at least for another year or two)

Lucasland (formally Echo Lake): Star Tours, Updated Jedi Training Academy (in former Sounds Dangerous Space) Sith vs Jedi ride, Indiana Jones Stunt Show, (if there is still room over there) Indiana Jones Ride, Mos Eislie Cantina (In former Backlot Express)

Streets of America: Updated Muppet Vision 3D, Muppet Themed Restaurant (In former Pizza Planet Spot), Phineas and Ferb Attraction, New York Street, San Francisco, Chicago (only kept mostly for Osborn Lights)

Pixar Place: Toy Story Midway Mania, Monsters Inc. Coaster, Incredibles ride, A bugs life playground (formerly HISTK playground), Lights Motors Action Extreme Stunt Show featuring Lighting McQueen, Another attraction from another pixar movie (possibly UP or Wall-E or Ratatouille)

Animation Courtyard/ Mickey Avenue: Movie Showcase (moved from former exit to BLT to old Narnia spot) One Man's Dream, Disney JR Live, Updated Magic of Disney Animation Tour, New Show to replace VOTLM (maybe Aladdin Show from Disneyland?)

Sunset Blvd: Tower of Terror, Rockin Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith (or another band......) Tangled Live on Stage in the Theater of Stars (former location of Beauty and the Beast live on Stage) Updated Fantasmic! including adding Dr. Facileria (SP?) from Princess and the Frog to the Villians segment, replacing the Pocahontas scene with something

Those are just some examples on how you can get fresh without adding a 5th gate.......just saying :cool:

Tom

Beta Return
:ROFLOL:

This thread is just plain hilarious. We actually have insiders who KNOW we're getting a 5th theme park. This is awesome.

:brick:

InsiderImagine

Can we please fix DHS first? I hate this idea of "we need something fresh, lets build a new park!" Why not give DHS a face lift and make it full of new fresh experiences? For example:

Hollywood Boulevard: Updated Great Movie Ride, American Idol (at least for another year or two)

Lucasland (formally Echo Lake): Star Tours, Updated Jedi Training Academy (in former Sounds Dangerous Space) Sith vs Jedi ride, Indiana Jones Stunt Show, (if there is still room over there) Indiana Jones Ride, Mos Eislie Cantina (In former Backlot Express)

Streets of America: Updated Muppet Vision 3D, Muppet Themed Restaurant (In former Pizza Planet Spot), Phineas and Ferb Attraction, New York Street, San Francisco, Chicago (only kept mostly for Osborn Lights)

Pixar Place: Toy Story Midway Mania, Monsters Inc. Coaster, Incredibles ride, A bugs life playground (formerly HISTK playground), Lights Motors Action Extreme Stunt Show featuring Lighting McQueen, Another attraction from another pixar movie (possibly UP or Wall-E or Ratatouille)

Animation Courtyard/ Mickey Avenue: Movie Showcase (moved from former exit to BLT to old Narnia spot) One Man's Dream, Disney JR Live, Updated Magic of Disney Animation Tour, New Show to replace VOTLM (maybe Aladdin Show from Disneyland?)

Sunset Blvd: Tower of Terror, Rockin Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith (or another band......) Tangled Live on Stage in the Theater of Stars (former location of Beauty and the Beast live on Stage) Updated Fantasmic! including adding Dr. Facileria (SP?) from Princess and the Frog to the Villians segment, replacing the Pocahontas scene with something

Those are just some examples on how you can get fresh without adding a 5th gate.......just saying :cool:

DHS is getting an expansion with refurbs...

Muppet Vision will get refurbished but AFTER the movie has come out on bluray.

Pixar Place WILL be getting an expansion but with more than what everyone THINKS.

Fantasmic! will be updated.

and something else completely insane that no one can see coming...think avatar annoucement....

i know it seems a little odd to be coming out wiht this information but right now i dont give a ****

trr1

Pixar Place WILL be getting an expansion but with more than what everyone THINKS.

and something else completely insane that no one can see coming...think avatar annoucement....

i know it seems a little odd to be coming out wiht this information but right now i dont give a ****

if this dosent happen promise to send me to WDW:D

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

source please? :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom