50th Anniversary Cinderella Castle Paint Project

ToTBellHop

Chape19714 said:
I think it's just a gold TRIM and i have just heard that DL's castle is being painted not WDW's
they are both getting painted--Disneyland's Sleeping Beauty Castle is getting a more elaborate retheming, though.

Mikejakester

If anyone gets a hold of Pictures of the other castles and their work process PLEASE post them... I don't want to be told , I want to be Shown the light! :cool:

careship

I am excited to see what they to the castle for the celebration. I have been there every year since they opened so I like the change. Personally, I loved the Cake Castle only I thought the way they did it was tacky...the balloon type things. I know it kindof bites for those who had never been there before, but then they have a reason to come back now then don't they????

We love Disney and trimming the castle or changing it temporarily for a celebration is fine for us...we come down special to see it. I'm glad we are celebrating right along with DL.

Question...what will be the next big celebration?

Lee

Adventurer
Nothing definate...
but I just got an e-mail that the castle is only getting repainted in the original colors.
Seems that with Cinderellabration on the way, they want the castle looking good.
Honestly, after the heat they got from the cake, I would be surprised to see any major changes to the castle this time.

Vernonpush

Lee said:
Nothing definate...
but I just got an e-mail that the castle is only getting repainted in the original colors.

That is sad I was wishing for a castle with added sparkle for the celebration.

friendofgoofy

I think they should paint it all gold with the blue spirals. I think it going to look very good no matter what they do but hope they do not make it look to glitery.

surfsupdon

careship said:
We love Disney and trimming the castle or changing it temporarily for a celebration is fine for us...we come down special to see it. I'm glad we are celebrating right along with DL.
QUOTE]

I enjoyed the Cake too, and any other alteration they could make for a special occassion. It makes visiting the park that much more exciting, and gets my parents to book a vacation so we can be there and tell others we were there for the specific celebration.

TimeTrip

davidUK said:
Anybody got any updates as to how high the scaffolding has got? just want to know if i should prepare myself!!

Thanks

On July 4, it was only halfway to 3/4 of the way up the moat wall section.

sniggle74

Figment1986 said:
If they repaint it original colors... maby they are hiding fiber optics in the castle... hehe

I can dream....

I thought that the fiber optic project was originally scheduled for DL. I know that's not happening.....but I'm with you....we can all dream about the "glittering" castle.

speck76

davidUK said:
Anybody got any updates as to how high the scaffolding has got? just want to know if i should prepare myself!!

Thanks

There are pictures in my gallery from a few weeks ago. Back then it was very noticable, but this last weekend, not so much, as they replaced the tan tarps over the scaffold with one that is the normal gray/brink design....unless you are looking for it, you may not notice.

I will try to get more pics this coming weekend.

phlydude

It seems like everytime I go, a crane or something going on to the castle seems to prevent me from getting a clean shot of just the castle in all it's glory~!

evilchild666

speck76 said:
There are pictures in my gallery from a few weeks ago. Back then it was very noticable, but this last weekend, not so much, as they replaced the tan tarps over the scaffold with one that is the normal gray/brink design....unless you are looking for it, you may not notice.

I will try to get more pics this coming weekend.

I am so glad that they are using a castle block painted tarp :)

Bagheera

sniggle74 said:
I thought that the fiber optic project was originally scheduled for DL. I know that's not happening.....but I'm with you....we can all dream about the "glittering" castle.
To my knowledge, the only castle slated for fiber optics to date is the one in Hong Kong.

The scaffolding will eventually get to the bottom of the lower turrets, from what I've heard.

askmike1

Crowns and Jewels

On my recent Keys to the Kingdom tour, I asked the tour guide about the castle and she said that it is not being painted gold on any part of it. Disney got such negative feedback when they did the cake castle from people who saved up their money for that one trip. (You mean the cake was bad...[sarcastically] no...) The castle will be getting gold crowns and jewels (which sounds really similar to DL's castle) I am guessing that any painting being done is to make the castle as new looking as possible.

As for Disneyland's castle, work is being held off until after the Govenator visits it.

Michael
Mickeyfans Website :sohappy:

yensidtlaw1969

Wait, are you sure that Cinderella's Castle is getting Crowns and Jewels as well, or did he/she mean that Sleeping Beauty's Castle is getting the Crowns and Jewels?

mickey04

Well its August 29th, and by now the castle is supposed to "look great" but I havent heard anything about this in weeks. Is it done? Did they in fact paint it gold, or are they just repainting it? What's going on? (Oh man I wish I was in Florida)

speck76

mickey04 said:
Well its August 29th, and by now the castle is supposed to "look great" but I havent heard anything about this in weeks. Is it done? Did they in fact paint it gold, or are they just repainting it? What's going on? (Oh man I wish I was in Florida)

It looks just like it did in May.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom