50's Prime Time Cafe

danpam1024

We try to go every trip, and we were just there Thursday the 13th and it was probably our best time. Our server was great, he played the character very very well. I had the meatloaf as usual, with the mashed potatoes and green beans, it was a very large serving and yes i finished it so i wouldnt get yelled at by "mom". One of the musts is the peanut butter and jelly milkshake, def. my favorite milkshake in all of WDW. I also enjoy how they show all the old time shows on the tvs during your meal, and i love the dessert menu! Hope this helps!

PB&J milkshake!:eek: I never knew such a thing existed! I can't wait to try one:slurp:

Matt and Kelly

Thinking of giving The 50's Cafe a whirl in Sept. We've never tried it before but seems to get alot of mixed reviews. Is it worth giving it a try? Would you recommend lunch or dinner?

My wife, here two cousin's and I went to the 50's cafe during our Christmas '09 trip and had a blast. Even waiting for our table in the entrance was fun. We had a great server, our long lost Uncle Tim, the food was really good and the atmosphere was fantastic.

We will definitely be going back when we are at the World again in September.

ShadyLady

We like the food much better at 50's Prime Time over Sci-Fi. 50's is a bright loud place and Sci-Fi is very dark and you cant see what your eating. I would say if you have to tried its worth trying both..but i would suggust 50's over Sci-Fi

Agreed - weve eaten @ 50's PTC for lunch 3x and Sci-Fi for dinner 4x.

50's PTC is ALWAYS fantastic - we LOVE the food, atmosphere, everything about it. The sundae desert wtih caramel corn is fantastic!

Sci-Fi food was good the first year, but pretty much inedible the last 3 times. We love atmosphere so much, weve gone back each year, but our 2010 trip cemented it - weve sworn off this place until they change the menu bc the food is terrible - weve ordered ribs & steak, and even the same kids menu is terrible here.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
We like 50's. The fried chicken and mashed potatoes are great! Then dads brownie to cap things off!

DHS50sPrime03.jpg

Disneykidder

I haven't eaten there in years but when I did it was very tasty. Yes, the waitstaff will annoy you with little jokes and things lie, "elbows off the table", "finish your meal or no dessert", etc., If you don't mind being heckled at then it is a different but good experience. I would never go there now with my hubby and kids but back then with my friends it was funny.

We ate there in just this past Dec...it was great. We had a great server and all the other servers in our area were funny too. They all played off each other. Someone at a table behind us only ate half of her sandwich so her server tried to play airplane with her. He put her fork into the whole half of the sandwich and flew it toward her mouth for her to eat. Very funny. As everyone has mentioned, if you don't like being called out if you don't finish your food, or your elbows are on the table then you won't like it there. If you are game and play along it is a great time. Our daughters, 5 and 7 loved it. They can't wait to go back. As other people have mentioned the food it good, well worth trying. We like to go for lunch.

LAPULAPU4U

I would definitely just do lunch...it's a better value. Food's just okay...desserts are better!:) I prefer Sci-Fi's food, but if cost isn't an option, I would really pick Hollywood Brown Derby, overall. Either way...lunch for any of them...ENJOY!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom