Pre-Trip 50 Shades of Green

amjt660

Premium Member
Where's the best/most entertaining place to people watch? The Hub seems too busy. Epcot didn't seem to have a lot of seating in the shade.
The great thing about people watching is you can do it almost anywhere at the resort
Just find a quiet shady spot ( trust me I am a ginger - I get the need for shade) grab a snack ( so it does not look as creepy) and watch / listen to your surroundings

I like DAK because of the foliage but also enjoy world showcase if you can position yourself close to an outdoor meet and greet
It is fun to watch families go and meet princesses and princes
To see the joy on the children’s faces is uplifting
On the opposite / more sinister side it is also entertaining to watch unprepared , over stressed families not dealing with WDW as well as they could
It helps you gain balance if you are stressing over small things - “I may have small troubles but at least I am not losing it like they are!!”

Max

P_Radden

Where's the best/most entertaining place to people watch? The Hub seems too busy. Epcot didn't seem to have a lot of seating in the shade.
Great places to relax and people-watch at Epcot include:
1) Italy at the high top tables in front of Innoteca
2) Anywhere inside the main atrium of the Land Pavilion
3) France next to the fountains
4) Near the jumping fountains at Imagination
5) In the shady waterside area next to Rose & Crown (UK Pavilion)

:)

Zipadeelady

Love the Troll shoes!! Still makes me laugh.
Those cheeseburger pods look like...well, let's just say not like cheeseburger. I hope they taste good though.
I like the farm ride but also surprised by all the love it gets. I bet A will enjoy it, it's nice and bright!

How about trying the Laugh Floor, tons of dad jokes plus you can text a joke and try to get it into the show. (I can't remember if you did that during your trip)
Or, the hot air balloon at Disney Springs.

amjt660

Premium Member
11 is when Belle meets. So I'll likely be standing in line in the hot sun wishing I could crawl in the fountain at that time :hilarious::hilarious:
Yes you will
And then after your meet grab a liquid refreshment for both of you (ensure yours is the one with alcohol in it) and then find a shady spot nearby and then LFAO at the poor saps standing in line in the hot sun to meet a person pretending to be a princess !!!!

Max

LisaBelle

Okay.... THE PLAN:

Day 1 - Arrival Day - MK - drop bags with bell services and head for MK in late morning. Back to the resort for exploration, swimming, and shopping at the AAFES for supplies. Grab dinner at the buffet (mediocre food but A eats for free, so I won't complain), then turn in for the night

Day 2 - Epcot and MK - Akershus breakfast, followed by princesses and pavilions on the left-hand side. Then back to the resort for swimming and nap before taking the monorail to MK for a couple fast passes and some fireworks

Day 3 - Disney Springs and AK - starting the day with some pool time, then heading over to DS for pizza and bath bombs. After nap, we'll hit AK for the evening

Day 4 - Epcot - Bon Voyage breakfast to start the day! Hopefully we won't fill up though, because we'll want to stop in for a No Way Jose on our walk over to Epcot. Princesses and pavilions on the right-hand side of the World Showcase, a visit with Minnie and Mickey (and hopefully Daisy) and potentially a few rides, depending on how she's doing. Then back to the resort for swimming and relaxation.

Day 5 - HS - I can't find a whole heck of a lot here that A would enjoy, so we'll go in the morning and then head back to the resort for swimming. Then dinner at 'Ohana and maybe fireworks from the beach at the Poly. Or we could head into MK for them. We'll see

Day 6 - No idea - Right now I'm slightly overwhelmed with how much time we have for this trip. I'm starting to question whether or not five days is too much time. I'm sure I'll find something to fill this day as my planning continues, though. If not, we might just leave it entirely unplanned and just hit whatever park A seemed to like the best throughout the week.

Day 7 - Departure Day - MK - Rope drop MK and be back to the resort and ready to leave around noon.

Because we'll have APs and because we'll be basically on the monorail, I'm sure we'll end up heading into MK more than planned. The planning for this trip is so different from the intense experience it was over our short Christmas trip. For the last trip, I had everything planned to the T, but it doesn't feel even remotely necessary for this trip because of three factors: 1) crowd levels will be much lower; 2) trip will be longer; 3) I know we'll be back so there's no stress about hitting everything I think A would like.

Thoughts? Glaring holes in the plan? Something we're missing that we shouldn't be?
You are right that this will be a more laid back trip. The fact that you are AP holders will definitely make a difference. You won’t feel the need to cram every minute with a must-do experience and you know you’ll be back before too long if you miss something you really wanted to do. It is also a different experience when crowds are lighter. I think you will be surprised at how much you’ll find to do on your 6th day. My family loves staying near MK. We tend to visit that park the most and love the convenience of hopping over there for a snack, a few rides, fireworks or shopping.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom