50 MAGICal Enhancements for the 50th ...

COProgressFan

This is definitely one area I hope gets updated for the 50th. Not for nothing but I wish they would do away with the all white look of IASW (looks very 1970s) and give it some color like Tokyo's.
View attachment 225866
View attachment 225867
Get rid of those tents out front!

Not sure if you're aware, but until the mid - late 2000's (can't remember exactly when), MK's Small World load area indoor facade was multi-color.

Disone

Not sure if you're aware, but until the mid - late 2000's (can't remember exactly when), MK's Small World load area indoor facade was multi-color.
And used to be only against the back wall and very two-dimensional. Did not feature the clock at all. What you're looking at now at MK's IaSW load area is only about 15 years old and is Light Years better than what was there in the seventies.

disneyC97

The 70s was just a painted backdrop on the black back wall, and fountains lit with colored lights... The new entry is much prettier than the old, and much more interesting...it is also reversed... I love the white and gold, but color would be an interesting change...
I agree though there was something about the original colorful painted backdrop at WDW...I believe it was designed as well by Mary Blair herself.

Bocabear

the original was strriking really, and the perfecrt setup to what you were going to see....without giving anything away...I wonder, if the new set piueces were painted and lit like the original,I bet it would be spectacular...
And if the tent facade went away completely and were replaced by a whole new facade matching the original Disneyland version...that would be a lovely change as well...

doctornick

So I wonder if any insiders know.... is this still a thing? I can't really picture how they could come up with 50 things to mention for October 1 but increasingly it seems like they are doing stuff for the 50th that could be rolled out earlier (Ratatouille, the Early Entry and extended evening hours, Philharmagic, etc). Will they be rolling out any of the other things that were maybe once planned (Hatbox Ghost, BTMRR explosions) to beef up the count?

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

So I wonder if any insiders know.... is this still a thing? I can't really picture how they could come up with 50 things to mention for October 1 but increasingly it seems like they are doing stuff for the 50th that could be rolled out earlier (Ratatouille, the Early Entry and extended evening hours, Philharmagic, etc). Will they be rolling out any of the other things that were maybe once planned (Hatbox Ghost, BTMRR explosions) to beef up the count?
It likely won’t be as strong as the original push, but we will see a few minor things (I.e. Philharmagic Coco scene)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney has never announced that this is what they're going to do. If it was planned at one time, it might now be off the table.

There is, however, the 50 golden statues...

FigmentFan82

Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF

Bocabear

After watching all the stuff they did for Disneyland's 50th, this is really turning out to be a truncated disaster... Half of the new meager attractions are unfinished, no new parades, few enhancements... The rides they are adding were just plain necessary, 50th or not...
You can blame covid, but it is not like the company can't afford to make the changes necessary... They just choose not to...While raising ticket prices and dragging out construction.

Roy G. Dis

After watching all the stuff they did for Disneyland's 50th, this is really turning out to be a truncated disaster... Half of the new meager attractions are unfinished, no new parades, few enhancements... The rides they are adding were just plain necessary, 50th or not...
You can blame covid, but it is not like the company can't afford to make the changes necessary... They just choose not to...While raising ticket prices and dragging out construction.

I'm ok blaming a pandemic for a lot of this. How high of a priority could this have really been to Disney in the last 16+ months?

James Norrie

So much this! Disney could have leveraged so much to use the downtime to accomplish SO MUCH, but instead they delayed and cut more. Sad state of affairs, really. They had the greatest opportunity to refresh everything and squandered it with sight so short it would make Mr. Magoo look like the Hubble Space Telescope. Anyone could predict that after the pandemic is over there would be millions of people with pent up frustration from not being able to vacation, and in many peoples' cases money saved that would've gone on those vacations and now still do.

peter11435

So much this! Disney could have leveraged so much to use the downtime to accomplish SO MUCH, but instead they delayed and cut more. Sad state of affairs, really. They had the greatest opportunity to refresh everything and squandered it with sight so short it would make Mr. Magoo look like the Hubble Space Telescope. Anyone could predict that after the pandemic is over there would be millions of people with pent up frustration from not being able to vacation, and in many peoples' cases money saved that would've gone on those vacations and now still do.
Did you forget that nearly every one of their businesses was shut down and they were losing billions? With no idea how long it would last

James Norrie

Did you forget that nearly every one of their businesses was shut down and they were losing billions? With no idea how long it would last
No, I didn't forget that. Every business in America was affected by it, and quite a few of the large ones made smart moves to prepare for reopening (most not even in Florida, who has extremely... forgiving... COVID policy). That's exactly why I said they missed the opportunity to leverage things to improve on everything.

Animaniac93-98

My generous attempt to come up with 50 things based on what's been announced so far, setting the bar low:

Disney Enchantment
Light displays on park icons
New MK Cavalcade
50 character statues
Jungle Cruise updates
Coco in PhilharMagic
Biden in HoP
Renovated Main Street Confectionary
Boo Bash
TRON
Princess and the Frog Mountain (***if done by March 2023***)
Space 2020
Harmonious
Ratatouille
GotG
Play Pavilion (if it's done)
Crepe Restaurant
New Mouse Gear
Moana: Journey of Water
Star Wars Hotel
Toy Story Land BBQ Restaurant
Kitetails
Refurbished Citricos
Extra Hours for Resort guests
Refurbished rooms at Polynesian
Refurbished rooms at Contemporary
Drawn to Life

That's 27 things that are actually "new", but the original rumor was that other recent additions would possibly be included so then there's:

Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
Mickey Shorts Theater
Skyliner
Smuggler's Run
Droid Depot
Savvi's Workshop
Oga's Cantina
Ronto Roaster's and/or Blue Milk
Sebastian's Bistro
Enchanted Rose Lounge
Slinky Dog Dash
Alien Swirling Saucers
Grand Destino Tower / Toledo Tapas Steak and Seafood
Riviera Resort / Topolino Terrace
Navi River Journey
Flight of Passage
Tree of Life Awakening
Satu'li Canteen
M&M Store at Disney Springs
Canada Far and Wide
BatB Sing Along
Awesome Planet

I don't follow Disney Springs news much, so there's probably restaurants and shops I forgot about. There's also the update to SSE if they move forward with that.

Last edited:

Parker in NYC

This is just me responding to what you've written - no critique on you (because you wrote exactly what Disney would consider new for the 50th).

Jungle Cruise updates
Predicated by other reasoning. I doubt these would have happened otherwise.
Biden in HoP
OMG you guys, for the 50th they're adding the current president to the HoP.
Renovated Main Street Confectionary
Yay?
Wow.
Just have to wait until after the 50th actually starts.
Princess and the Frog Mountain (***if done by March 2023***)
That's beyond the 50th.
When is this opening, will it be there for October?
Play Pavilion (if it's done)
Doubtful.
Crepe Restaurant
A crepe booth. Yay.
New Mouse Gear
Looks lovely...
Drawn to Life
What's the status on this?
That's 26 things that are actually "new", but the original rumor was that other recent additions would be included
so then there's:

Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
Mickey Shorts Theater
Smuggler's Run
Droid Depot
Savvi's Workshop
Oga's Cantina
Ronto Roaster's and/or Blue Milk
Sebastian's Bistro
Enchanted Rose Lounge
Slinky Dog Dash
Alien Swirling Saucers
Grand Destino Tower
Toledo Tapas Steak and Seafood
Riviera Resort
Topolino Terrace
Navi River Journey
2017!
Flight of Passage
2017!
Tree of Life Awakening
2016!
Satu'li Canteen
2017!
2017!
M&M Store at Disney Springs
Yay for the 50th!
Grand Floridian BBB location

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom