4 Walt Disney World Resorts to accept dogs

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
So, what would be worse? A dog barking in that room all the time? Or the non-stop:

<tap><tap><tap><tap><tap><tap><tap><tap><tap><tap><tap>

?

If one would regularly clip one's dog's claws....

MissingDisney

After spending a horrid night at a Hyatt where a dog barked ALL NIGHT LONG across the hall, never again will we stay at a hotel that allows dogs. Nearly every guest on the floor was out in the hallway looking to see what room the barking was coming from. Hotel management was contacted and the guests of the room were gone, only a dog inside. They called the phone number on the reservation and they didn’t answer. They reportedly left several messages, every hour...the people finally came in around 6 am looking rough. Hyatt ended up comping everyone on the floor for that night, which was very nice. I felt bad for the dog. S/he must have been stressed out, could hear people talking, scared, etc. I was mad at the owners, not the dog. So, to spare ourselves that stress again, we choose carefully. To each their own and thankfully my favorite resorts aren’t part of the pilot program.
Dogs are dogs. I love my dog and most of the time he’s pretty good but sometimes I know he says “screw it, I’m pooping in the house” and so he does. And he likes his house, and he’s happy, and he’s a spoiled brat. To expect pets to not be stressed in an unfamiliar place is crazy. I just think this sets up a bad situation for the animals.
When pets were invited in during the emergency situation, everyone was on a curfew. People weren’t leaving their animals for 12+ hours to parkhop; they stayed with them. This will be completely different. I just hope people who really love their animals will realize an unfamiliar, lonely hotel room with strange smells and noises is not showing your pet love. An awesome pet resort, kennel, sitter is. I hope some don’t let their own desires override common sense.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Disney has offered onsite pet boarding for ages. This is a bad idea imo and isn't necessary. Ben tho I spent this week in lowes 4 star property that was labeled "pet friendly" and had no negative experience from the pets I did see... I still think it's a bad idea. While your pet may be good most of the time, they call them "accidents" for a reason

Rteetz

I was able to get some more info (from Disney themselves) on the dog situation.

• This is only for canines, and not other pets
  • The add on includes Pluto's Welcome Amenity (room/dog friendly items)
  • Dogs will not be allowed in restaurants, pool areas, and recreation spots
  • Dogs must be properly vaccinated
  • This is a one year test for the moment through October 15, 2018
  • Guests can have up to two dogs in a room
  • No weight or breed restrictions
  • Guests can make CMs aware of noises dogs and then owners will be notified
  • Guests can use their own personal crate/carriers in the rooms
  • Most guests with dogs will be in a specific area of the resort
  • Guests can travel with dogs on magical express but dog must be in a pet carrier
  • There will be designated pet spaces
  • Pet medicine can be stored by Disney until room is ready
  • No travel insurance for dogs
  • If a guest does not like dogs they can be accommodated to be away from the dogs
  • They will work with guests with allergies
  • Disney is sending guests letters notifying them of the dog addition to those who are already booked

JSkellington#31

I love my Walker hound but we take her to camp bow wow for the week we spend at Disney.She has a great time playing with the other dogs.Camp bow wow has an ap that allows you to watch your dog so you have peace of mind.You and your pet should both be able to have a fun vacation.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I ran a hotel not far from Disney. We were pet friendly because it was a requirement of our brand. Dogs were a constant headache for my staff as well as our guests. They did leave presents everywhere, even though we had a dog walking area. They destroyed the rooms while left unattended. They barked constantly, especially if there were 2 in rooms that were next to each other. We had dogs snapping at guests and my staff. We even had dogs escaping from rooms by figuring out how to use the push lever door handles. I experienced dogs at my hotel for years. I am a dog lover too. I think this is a terrible idea for Disney. Especially the part about no weight or breed requirement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom