4 Walt Disney World Resorts to accept dogs

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Wow, I honestly didn't think that the level of freak out of the gondola thread could be reached but here we are, I guess that's what I get for thinking. o_O

And behold, the face of your aggressor!
23a4abb4b47ab7b1bfe997be5c2ab5b5.jpg

The horror!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:rolleyes:

Awwwww, how can you hate that face, those big brown eyes.

LAKid53

Premium Member
For all you germaphobes worrying about a dog sleeping in a bed before you.

Most of these rooms are occupied 100% of the time. As you lay your head down on the pillow, think about -

Sex, at least once a week, 50 times that year. Diaper changes, diaper leaks, diaper falls off, 30 times a year. Spilled, soda, beer, water, juice, coffee, 10 times a year. Food crumbs 50 times a year. How many millions of mold spores? How many sweaty naked people every summer?

You will be fine, get over it.

You forgot human dander, hair and everything else ....

People, they change the sheets between guests.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Hardly. I'll pay $400 a night at the Omni in Hilton Head where I can take my dog. I'd gladly pay $500 a night at Disney to do the same.

Of course, I am a responsible dog owner with a well behaved dog. I can see some ignorant people taking advantage of this, which is bad for the rest of us.

The Difference is Hilton/Marriott have 'animal' rooms just as they once had smoking rooms. They do not allow animals in all the rooms for allergy cleaning reasons. Hilton even has special allergy rooms which cleaned to a higher standard.

Now if Disney had done this RIGHT instead of the cash grab way. They would have added kennels to each of these properties

peter11435

The Difference is Hilton/Marriott have 'animal' rooms just as they once had smoking rooms. They do not allow animals in all the rooms for allergy cleaning reasons. Hilton even has special allergy rooms which cleaned to a higher standard.

Now if Disney had done this RIGHT instead of the cash grab way. They would have added kennels to each of these properties
How do you know Disney won't have designated rooms for guests with dogs?

Movielover

Awwwww, how can you hate that face, those big brown eyes.

Just remember, absolutely the only dogs that will be brought on property are vicious killers, like this one.

7ad0b4e72ccf6c863a21fcfea21fa14a--samoyed-dogs-big-dogs.jpg

Oh be careful of this monster!!!!!!!!

0e16e5c028fc197281733c217b100414ff8acfca.jpeg

He already has a taste for the young ones, The terror!!!! :eek:

Bobby-salva-neonata-abbandonata-1.jpg

This horrible creature will most certainly pounce on you... as soon as it gets up!

131a6618b14a28cf961e4c644e1550aa--sleeping-dogs-corgi-puppies.jpg

Remember, this is 100% the worst, most disgusting thing to touch your blankets!!!!!!!

2336fb34ef34d8436891e060f548cca7--adorable-puppies-cute-dogs.jpg

LAKid53

Premium Member
I'm not telling my son-in-law.... I don't know who has worse separation anxiety, his dog or him. The last day of our trip, all he talks about is getting home to the dog and taking her for a long walk. But her personality is not one a dog visiting Disney should have. She's anxious, rambunctious (I would be apologizing to guests on either side of our room constantly - the dog goes bonkers when he gets home), doesn't always obey, not well trained on a leash, etc. Don't get me wrong, she's a sweet, lovable dog, but with a few personality quirks that wouldn't work at Disney.

So for those of you in the know, is Disney's pet place just during the day or can you board?

LAKid53

Premium Member
Just remember, absolutely the only dogs that will be brought on property are vicious killers, like this one.

7ad0b4e72ccf6c863a21fcfea21fa14a--samoyed-dogs-big-dogs.jpg

Oh be careful of this monster!!!!!!!!

0e16e5c028fc197281733c217b100414ff8acfca.jpeg

He already has a taste for the young ones, The terror!!!! :eek:

Bobby-salva-neonata-abbandonata-1.jpg

This horrible creature will most certainly pounce on you... as soon as it gets up!

131a6618b14a28cf961e4c644e1550aa--sleeping-dogs-corgi-puppies.jpg

Remember, this is 100% the worst, most disgusting thing to touch your blankets!!!!!!!

2336fb34ef34d8436891e060f548cca7--adorable-puppies-cute-dogs.jpg

Is that a Samoyed? Only breed I've owned - 4 of them. And, unlike most others, they don't smell - no wet dog smell. Their rough outer coat is easy to keep clean. The only time we bathed Ketuk was after he rolled in stinky, yucky water along the lakeshore. And he got bathed with woolite. Their soft undercoat is prized for its strength and lack of smell. All the benefits of wool or angora, but without an odor or itchiness and few allergies. Knitters woukd stop us all the time asking for his puffs of fur when he shed in the Spring. Our backyard looked like it had balls of cotton.

I miss my Sammies.... :(

Addition - and arguably the best breed personality wise. Friendly, calm, not a big barker. The breed is named for the people in Siberia who created it. Slept with them for warmth - trust me, that coat is soft and warm! One of the few breeds left closest to dogs' wolf ancestors.

We used to joke that if someone broke into our home, Ketuk would happily show them all our valuables, that's how friendly the breed is.

Last edited:

Movielover

Is that a Samoyed? Only breed I've owned - 4 of them. And, unlike most others, they don't smell - no wet dog smell. Their rough outer coat is easy to keep clean. The only time we bathed Ketuk was after he rolled in stinky, yucky water along the lakeshore. And he got bathed with woolite. Their soft undercoat is prized for its strength and lack of smell. All the benefits of wool or angora, but without an odor or itchiness and few allergies. Knitters woukd stop us all the time asking for his puffs of fur when he shed in the Spring. Our backyard looked like it had balls of cotton.

I miss my Sammies.... :(

I just like them because...

c732z.gif

newhorizons1

I'm very glad Disney doesn't have a weight limit, and I hope this doesn't change. My dog is big but lazy. He loves people and other dogs too. Also, my dog would much rather be in a hotel room where we came back mid afternoon to see him than be boarded somewhere without us for a week. He is a pack animal and is miserable when his pack isn't together.

Incomudro

I am a Biologist.

All dogs smell. Same for all Humans, cats, ect. As far as "germs" I would rather step in dog **** than human. You don't step in human ****, you touch it, everywhere in your room. To all the "allergy!" people, maybe you need to think about how much rodent hair and feces is considered acceptable by the FDA in your food?

It's just a few dogs, humans have been living in symbiosis with them for thousands of years, YOU will be fine.
You're a biologist?
That was a ridiculous post, and you should know that.

LAKid53

Premium Member

Incomudro

I love dogs and think this is a bad idea. They are handing out pee pads for a reason. I see most dog owners that give a command to their dog and it couldn’t care less. Why, because it is their child and it is spoiled. It can do no wrong in their eyes. Mousekeeping is already taking short cuts and having difficulty keeping up. They do not have the resources to keep up with this. If your a dog owner and love your dog $50 is nothing to be able to bring them. Rooms will get worn out quickly and the Walmarting of Disney will be complete. There will be damage due to separation anxiety. There will be barking at night and there will be pooping and peeing in rooms. What is tolerable for a dog owner is usually not as tolerable for the people next door. This is another money grab at the cost of guest experience.

Good post.
Yes, many of today's dog lovers - who are also the kind who can't go on vacation without their dogs - view their dogs as their children.
"Pet parents."
And as you state, this type tend to have dogs that are not well behaved.
Dog owners by contrast recognize the difference.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom