4 Walt Disney World Resorts to accept dogs

bhg469

I ran a hotel not far from Disney. We were pet friendly because it was a requirement of our brand. Dogs were a constant headache for my staff as well as our guests. They did leave presents everywhere, even though we had a dog walking area. They destroyed the rooms while left unattended. They barked constantly, especially if there were 2 in rooms that were next to each other. We had dogs snapping at guests and my staff. We even had dogs escaping from rooms by figuring out how to use the push lever door handles. I experienced dogs at my hotel for years. I am a dog lover too. I think this is a terrible idea for Disney. Especially the part about no weight or breed requirement.
Had me until the weight breed limit. Larger dogs are light years smarter than small dogs and are often way better trained.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Hard Rock and Portofino at Universal have been allowing dogs for years.
True. Back in 2004 when I first stayed at the Portofino they already allowed dogs. They generally keep them on one side of the resort rooms. I have friends like myself that visit both sets of parks. They stay at Uni vs Disney because of the pet friendly atmosphere. Disney is always late to the latest trends for resorts. We stayed many a year at Swan Dolphin because Disney didn't comprehend the world of business and the world of WiFi and cell towers. S&D did. Our National School Board convention moved their accommodations to Uni resorts over past Disney for the same reasons. Pets and even reasonable accommodations for service dogs in the parks came too slow for a major corporation like Disney

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I am a dog lover and have an awesome dobe, but I feel like it would be nice to go to a place without dogs and I feel bad for those who have a serious allergy to dogs/cats. I am guessing guest survey's revealed that many want this option, plus its a revenue driver for WDW.
Other major hotels have worked this out well. Lowes as an example. Dogs in certain buildings. My school district that I've been an elected official for has worked diligently on to bring service dogs into schools as mainstreamed. Service dogs are here to stay everywhere. Allergy and dog haters will always be part of the equation. Even more so will be those who will complain about anything including guests need to use cell phones. Life evolves.

I was at the Wilderness for the duration of Irma. Many a pet as the law requires acceptance now. It worked well. Owners were respectful. Guests amazingly were excited to interacted with pets within the resort. Pets have a calming effect on humans in adverse conditions like hurricanes. It was a welcome relief during our two days of confinement to interact with the pups seeking shelter.

Last edited:

goofyyukyuk

That's so disgusting! I don't want to lay in a bed that a dog could have slept in. I like dogs and have an adorable Labrador, but that's just gross. I really hope Disney designates a certain area for dogs and the rest is normal.

Casper Gutman

Another problem. Not to be mean but when i am at my resort I do not want to see dogs. I have lived in Manhattan and those people are dog crazy. Everyone has a dog. I can do without it at Disney
There are a lot more people in Manhattan then dogs. Tons of 'em. Wall to wall. I'd think you'd be more sick of the sight of people then dogs, and WDW has a lot of people.

A lot of folks seem to be going to WDW for a quiet, isolated, serene vacation... which is not something WDW has ever really offered.

Casper Gutman

That's so disgusting! I don't want to lay in a bed that a dog could have slept in. I like dogs and have an adorable Labrador, but that's just gross. I really hope Disney designates a certain area for dogs and the rest is normal.
I promise you that there have been MUCH worse things then dogs in pretty much every bed at WDW.

Are people confusing dogs with plague-carrying rats? Dogs are bigger.

Casper Gutman

I just want to say again how utterly baffling the reactions to this are.

WDW has declined precipitously over the last two decades. Maintenance budgets have been slashed. Staffing has been slashed. Beloved, classic rides have been closed, almost always for lackluster replacements - or no replacement. Restaurants have been standardized and become less interesting. Prices have skyrocketed to astronomical levels. Service has declined across the board. Hotels have become dramatically more bland. The list goes on.

And through all that, I have NEVER seen this level of hysterical negativity towards a Disney decision. It's fascinating.

Movielover

Wow, I honestly didn't think that the level of freak out of the gondola thread could be reached but here we are, I guess that's what I get for thinking. o_O

And behold, the face of your aggressor!
23a4abb4b47ab7b1bfe997be5c2ab5b5.jpg

The horror!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:rolleyes:

beertiki

For all you germaphobes worrying about a dog sleeping in a bed before you.

Most of these rooms are occupied 100% of the time. As you lay your head down on the pillow, think about -

Sex, at least once a week, 50 times that year. Diaper changes, diaper leaks, diaper falls off, 30 times a year. Spilled, soda, beer, water, juice, coffee, 10 times a year. Food crumbs 50 times a year. How many millions of mold spores? How many sweaty naked people every summer?

You will be fine, get over it.

beertiki

Some math for you to think about. I started going to Disney in 1996, I bet we have spent 50 nights at 12 resorts. Had sex in all of them. There are millions of people like us that get into a room and say "vacation begins now!" Even if it's only 50 times a year, that bed is 5 years old.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I am a Biologist.
To all the "allergy!" people, maybe you need to think about how much rodent hair and feces is considered acceptable by the FDA in your food?

It's just a few dogs, humans have been living in symbiosis with them for thousands of years, YOU will be fine.

Being a Biologist with a capital B doesn't make you a medical doctor of human beings.

Most of the allergic reactions to dogs comes from inhaling dander, not from consumption of dog hair or feces.

And living with symbiosis with dogs for thousands of years doesn't confer immunity from allergies to all human beings. It is preposterous to think so.

Your lack of understanding of how allergies work is rather astonishing for a Biologist.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I for one welcome the cancelations from the anti dog crowd. More Disney for me. When Disney became more accommodating for dietary choices there wasn't an uproar. So I'm calling it as I see it "if it doesn't directly benefit me it should be banned" folks should either buy the company or go elsewhere.

That you're equating providing gluten free food with allowing dogs in rooms where human beings who are allergic to them will also be booked is laughable. Really. ROFL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom