4/5 Animal Kingdom Photo Update

dandaman

The pyro's gonna be Roman Candle-style, right? No explosions or anything? Just wouldn't make a whole lotta sense, with the inhabitants nearby.

goofyfan13

peter11435 said:
Actually its more like 5 minutes. :lol:
I can here Illuminations (And Wishes on a clear night) from my patio.

The waterfalls recycle their water while the mist in the mountain does not. Although I don't think the dry season has anything to do with the lack of mist. I have heard it was causing problems by getting the track too wet.

Either way, your still lucky. :lol:

The track thing makes sense, however, I wouldn't imagine it causing too many problems seeing as a good chunk is outside, and I'm sure it'll run in the rain. :confused:

wannab@dis

goofyfan13 said:
Either way, your still lucky. :lol:

The track thing makes sense, however, I wouldn't imagine it causing too many problems seeing as a good chunk is outside, and I'm sure it'll run in the rain. :confused:
Rain is one thing... it would dry off afterwards. But continual wetting by the mist could be an issue since it would be wet ALL the time.

DLP Fan

peter11435 said:
They have radio tents set up all along the Dinoland path and some others on the Everest path.

My local radio station in Glasgow, Scotland has had its afternoon show from Disney World all this week. They have been going to a different park each day (MK Monday, EPCOT Tuesday, MGM Wednesday) and you need to listen and see if you can work out what ride in that park the Yeti is on! Apparently he escaped the Animal Kingdom and is following them around the parks! Said they will be in the Animal Kingdom tomorrow which I found odd. They'll miss the big press event on Friday. Seems like a lot of advertising and publicity to bring radio DJs from Scotland over to plug a new ride! Are there loads of them there just now being taken around?

uklad79

Our radio station here in Manchester is plugging EE non stop! The other radio station is pluging Disney DVD's non stop! The marketing dept. must be working overtime at the moment all I here is Disney. With the new Disneyland Paris tv adverts also running and various press for EE/DLP. Seems they are looking to increase visits from the Brits with the $ being good for us.

fillerup

Good update, and good pics & a slightly further update.

As of 5pm today, the final count for pyro barges at AK is 8.

Was told by a supervisor we know that Disney hopes to reopen Everest to the public by 2pm on Friday, but is not announcing it in case there are glitches with the press.

And hooray - it appears the mid-Savanna drainage problem might be fixed. KS has returned to the original ride route after about 2 years. Right hand turn in the Savanna and then the 180degree turn back left toward elephant country.

Don't know if WDW is putting out special animal treats with the press in town, but KS was as close as it gets to teeming with wildlife. I've ridden this thing probably around 150 times and have never seen so many animals. Only ones missing were black Rhino and Lions (and a Jeep). And we were on the truck at almost 5pm.

surfsupdon

Magicot said:
- I think it's funny that EE is labeled on the big map, but no other attraction is, just the areas.

-There's nothing like a politically correct map cover :)

Haha, I saw the same two things. Funny how Everest is labeled along with the other "lands."

SewIn2Disney

bgraham34 said:
The pics are great so colorfull unlike nj everything is dead.
You mean this New Jersey? Where it snowed yesterday on APRIL 5th? (And....not to mention it snowed here in a shore town...where we never get snow) How am I ever supposed to get to the beach with weather like this?

I guess I'll have to settle for WDW. Peter, great pics....will you be attending the opening cerominies this weekend? I hope if you do, you'll post pics for those of us who can't be there!

peter11435

Original Poster
SewIn2Disney said:
Peter, great pics....will you be attending the opening cerominies this weekend? I hope if you do, you'll post pics for those of us who can't be there!

The opening ceremonies are for invited guests only. Unfortunately I was not invited.

I do plan on heading to AK some time today of tomorrow but I'm sure I won't be able to get near the exciting stuff.

peter11435

Original Poster
I went by AK again for a couple hours this morning. They are putting the finishing touches on the press event preparations. They have signs all over the park showing what will be closing. They also have signs and banners all over for the event and a final total of 9 pyro platforms in the lagoon. They have set up a stage/platform over the pond/fountain area in the Flame Tree BBQ seating area.

In other news I rode Dinosaur today and they have fixed some of the lighting and the lightning effects in the scene with the chasing Carno. It looked great again. Additionally they have fixed the meteor hits complete with red steam on the sides of the first Carno.

Click any image to see a larger version.

Signs all over the park explaining what will be closed.

Signs throughout the park for the event

Banner at the entrance to the Everest path

Banner at the entrance to Asia

More signs for the event

imagineersrock

Great update(s) Thanks a lot, Peter!

Glad to hear the Everest steam is back... Hope they are working on some way to re-incorporate the mist effect as well.

As far as Dinosaur goes, you said some lighting issues have been resovled but has the actual chasing carno been fixed?

Also on the Safaris, can you confirm it's been changed back to the old ride-path?

Thanks again for the updates... From all the decorations, looks like Anandapur will be quite the party come tomorrow.

col

they are so cute the giraffes!! thanks for the pics -i always get more photos at AK than any other park especially the safaris .

i like the way they have started the celebrations for everest with the banners and signs.

thanks again.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom