4/5 Animal Kingdom Photo Update

peter11435

Original Poster
imagineersrock said:
As far as Dinosaur goes, you said some lighting issues have been resovled but has the actual chasing carno been fixed?

Also on the Safaris, can you confirm it's been changed back to the old ride-path?

Thanks again for the updates... From all the decorations, looks like Anandapur will be quite the party come tomorrow.

The chasing carno did start to chase us after we passed him. But he didn't move as far towards us as he used to.

On the safari they have virtually finished the entire drainage project. Now they will be moving on to other areas of the park. The ride uses its normal path now.

As for the Everest party. My understanding is that the big party will be tonight.

imagineersrock

peter11435 said:
The chasing carno did start to chase us after we passed him. But he didn't move as far towards us as he used to.

On the safari they have virtually finished the entire drainage project. Now they will be moving on to other areas of the park. The ride uses its normal path now.

As for the Everest party. My understanding is that the big party will be tonight.
Nice to hear about the Safari, I'm assuming that you are only talking about that turn on the first savannah though, correct? I miss that old turn by the cheetahs/Lions as well.

Also, the party tonight makes sense... Tomorrow would have to have been more of a "breakfast party" considering how early the events are taking place.

peter11435

Original Poster
imagineersrock said:
Nice to hear about the Safari, I'm assuming that you are only talking about that turn on the first savannah though, correct? I miss that old turn by the cheetahs/Lions as well.

Correct. They still use the new route near the cheetahs/Lions.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Gucci65 said:
Peter - how are you able to visit WDW so often? Are you a college student on spring break or a CM?

FOTLK is my FAVORITE show - your pics gave me goosebumps. Thank you.

Here is a good photo. I made it all by myself :D

mini-disneydecember_166.jpg

OmegaKnight

What hasn't been mentioned before is that the new AK park maps open up differently than the other one. The map is now viewed horizontally as opposed to vertically. If you have seen a Disneyland map, that is the basic layout and design. The map is a lot easier to read and much more effiicent. Tomorrow is our big day at Serka Zong. We have been looking forward to this moment for a long time and now, the party is about the begin.

goofyfan13

Nice update! Those pyro floats out on the lagoon make you wonder about the potential for some sort of night show... not saying it's gonna happen, but it just shows that it looks like a great location for one.

peter11435

Original Poster
I went to AK again today about 10:30. The event had just ended. There were tons of people with press badges leaving the park. They were still doing some filming in various locations. The only semi- "famous" people I saw were Aly and AJ from the Disney Channel back in the Flame Tree BBQ seating area.

peter11435

Original Poster
Also WFTV has some video of last nights events in today's web cast. It turns out those things I said were speakers were not speakers. They were actually used to spit fire balls into the air.

CaptainMichael

peter11435 said:
Also WFTV has some video of last nights events in today's web cast. It turns out those things I said were speakers were not speakers. They were actually used to spit fire balls into the air.
Coolness. It would have been great to be there to see that.

SewIn2Disney

peter11435 said:
I went to AK again today about 10:30. The event had just ended. There were tons of people with press badges leaving the park. They were still doing some filming in various locations. The only semi- "famous" people I saw were Aly and AJ from the Disney Channel back in the Flame Tree BBQ seating area.
Hey....I happen to enjoy Aly and AJ....they are decent actresses, great singers/songwriters, and not overly slutty as some other Disney channel stars (cough cough Hillary Duff) are/were.

Do you know if when or where the press confrences will air (if at all?)

Teenchy

SewIn2Disney said:
You mean this New Jersey? Where it snowed yesterday on APRIL 5th? (And....not to mention it snowed here in a shore town...where we never get snow) How am I ever supposed to get to the beach with weather like this?

First thanks for the pictues Peter, loved the Giraffe.

What it snowed at the shore yesterday?? I just bought a condo in OC,NJ- I dont close until May...better be warmer by then! And although it will be fun it still doesnt beat WDW!

peter11435

Original Poster
SewIn2Disney said:
Hey....I happen to enjoy Aly and AJ....they are decent actresses, great singers/songwriters, and not overly slutty as some other Disney channel stars (cough cough Hillary Duff) are/were.

Check you PM.

SewIn2Disney

Teenchy said:
First thanks for the pictues Peter, loved the Giraffe.

What it snowed at the shore yesterday?? I just bought a condo in OC,NJ- I dont close until May...better be warmer by then! And although it will be fun it still doesnt beat WDW!
That's so funny! I'm in OC too!
The snow in April was a freak thing....have no fear. By May it should be georgous!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom