4/5 Animal Kingdom Photo Update

peter11435

Original Poster
I went to AK for a few hours today. They are still getting ready for the press event. I rode Everest once and the Yeti and steam were both working. The mist on the top of the mountain was still MIA.

They have speakers and lights set up all throughout Asia and the Everest area for the press event. They go all the way back to the Maharajah Jungle Trek. They have radio tents set up all along the Dinoland path and some others on the Everest path. They have also put up a large LED screen on the roof of one of the Serka Zong Buildings.

Click any image to see a larger version.

The map at the information board now has Everest on it.

And the park maps finally have Everest on them also.

Work at the new Nemo Show

Nemo

Festival of the Lion King

Proof that the steam was working

peter11435

Original Poster
They were setting up some floating platforms in the water for the press event. They appear to be pyro launchers.

When I first arrived there were only three, then they brought out 2 more. It looked like they would be bringing even more out.

Hope you enjoyed the photos. If you have any questions just ask.

KnK

Thanks so much for these updates. I know they are work, but helps those who can't be at the magic ourselves.

k

mikeanabean

Thanks! I hope it is completed in time for the 2nd week in Dec'06. Nemo is my 2 year olds favorite and it will be his first time there.

Incredibles

Great pics! Does anyone know how they anchor the floating pyro barges or if they are anchored at all? Sure seems like you'd need some sort of tether holding them down.

Gucci65

Peter - how are you able to visit WDW so often? Are you a college student on spring break or a CM?

FOTLK is my FAVORITE show - your pics gave me goosebumps. Thank you.

goofyfan13

Gucci65 said:
Peter - how are you able to visit WDW so often? Are you a college student on spring break or a CM?

FOTLK is my FAVORITE show - your pics gave me goosebumps. Thank you.

He lives like 15 minutes away.

Great pics though, hopefully they get the mist back in action for the opening.

Maybe they cut it out for the time being because of the dry season? Although you would think they would cut out the waterfalls instead...IDK

Pongo

I got one of the new maps on Sunday. Everyone in the park had the old ones, though. It seemed that the new ones could only be found in stores and on CMs. I guess the ticket booths didn't get the memo.

They're weird in that they don't open as muuch. They're only half the size of the old ones because they're only folded left to right, not up to down.

peter11435

Original Poster
goofyfan13 said:
He lives like 15 minutes away.

Actually its more like 5 minutes. :lol:
I can here Illuminations (And Wishes on a clear night) from my patio.

goofyfan13 said:
Although you would think they would cut out the waterfalls instead...IDK

The waterfalls recycle their water while the mist in the mountain does not. Although I don't think the dry season has anything to do with the lack of mist. I have heard it was causing problems by getting the track too wet.

WTBAD

As usual, great pics. I too was wondering how you make it to WDW so often.
I dreams is to retire in Orlando & get a PT job... excuse me, become a CM & wander the parks for

bayoutinkbelle

peter11435 said:
Actually its more like 5 minutes. :lol:
I can here Illuminations (And Wishes on a clear night) from my patio.

Well, that's just not right!! :p Thanks for the pictures from AK and other parks. I've really been enjoying them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom