3rd Annual Disney Halloween Wallpaper Contest!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
BOO!!! Well, everyone, it's October!

In conjunction with Dave's Halloween Photograph Contest.....

It's the 3rd Annual Disney Halloween Wallpaper Contest!!! Holding this contest at the beginning of October gives everyone the opportunity to use their own, and possibly other folk's wallpapers leading up to the "holiday" on their own desktop!

The rules are simple:

- As long as the wallpaper deals with halloween and Disney, then it qualifies for the contest!

- 700 pixels wide x 525 pixels high

- Prize? Dunno yet. Could be nothing, could be a Mickey shaped pumpkin seed, could be $1,000,000.

- The deadline for entries will be Wednesday, October 20th. because of the extended length of Dave's Photo Contest, it only makes sense to keep this one up for at least two weeks. This will still allow you to use your favorite wallpaper from the contest as your desktop as soon as someone posts one that gives you that special, spooky feeling.

Have a lot of fun with this one! Good luck to all!

imagineer99

Hey, Zac, you already did one with the park logos as jack-o-lantern cut outs right?

(I don't wanna be a copy cat);)

SirNim

Must..... find..... inspiration..... somewhere.....

:)

Heeheeheehehehehee... Happy Halloween! :wave:

Main Street USA

Original Poster
imagineer99 said:
Hey, Zac, you already did one with the park logos as jack-o-lantern cut outs right?

(I don't wanna be a copy cat);)
Indeed I did......2 years ago, in the 1st Annual Disney Halloween Wallpaper Contest. :D

Holy crap, has it been that long.....

imagineer99

Main Street USA said:
Indeed I did......2 years ago, in the 1st Annual Disney Halloween Wallpaper Contest. :D

Holy crap, has it been that long.....

...alrighty...

*crosses that off the list*

*forumulates ORIGINAL idea*;)

ACE

I actually made this for fun a couple of months ago. Since I'm not sure if I'll have time to work on another one I added a greeting and am submitting it for your approval.

:wave: ACE

Attachments

• halloween wallpaper 2.jpg
    halloween wallpaper 2.jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 252

Goofette

Great Entry Ace and Kevin! I love this contest....it's my favorite. I can't believe it's been 2 years since that first one either...my gosh time flies. Ok...I'm entering this one but I don't know what I'm going to do yet....Can't wait to start though. I hope we get a LOT of entries! Good luck everyone!

ACE

Main Street USA said:
GREAT start guys! I'm already getting that Halloween feel!

AAAAAAAAACE! Long time no see buddy!

I've been around but mostly reading, not posting too much. Been pretty busy with hurricane Ivan and all. We were lucky, hardly any damaged compared to others. Like a dummy we stayed through the storm (never again!). We decided to leave the Friday after the storm since we didn't have electricity and came back Saturday the 25th. We had everything back working at that point and boy was I glad.

Speaking of "long time no see" I haven't seen you around in a while either. Hope everything is going well.

Take care,

ACE

Thanks Kevin and Goofette. I haven't entered one of these in a while. Halloween seemed like a good to to start back.

ACE

imagineer99

My Entry!

Well, I've been right busy entering some contests at an amazing site entitled www.worth1000.com. GO CHECK THAT PLACE OUT!

They have some of the most impressive photoshop work I've ever seen.

So, in turn, I threw this baby together. Halloween is such an amazing holiday. I just *had* to participate. ENJOY (and no copying the genius that is MSU).;)

PS: If my entry is too violent, I shall gladly change it.

Attachments

• halloween2004 copy.jpg
    halloween2004 copy.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 230

ACE

imagineer99 said:
Well, I've been right busy entering some contests at an amazing site entitled www.worth1000.com. GO CHECK THAT PLACE OUT!

They have some of the most impressive photoshop work I've ever seen.

So, in turn, I threw this baby together. Halloween is such an amazing holiday. I just *had* to participate. ENJOY (and no copying the genius that is MSU).;)

PS: If my entry is too violent, I shall gladly change it.

I don't think it's too violent, I think it's sick.

I LIKE IT!

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Imagineer 99,

Hmmm, it IS Halloween...and your wallpaper is VERY good. The hanging characters is a bit much for a family board, though. In my opinion it would be just as effective without them, but you're welcome to leave them if you wish.

I would imagine it may hamper your opportunity to get many votes, but hey, this is about having fun and making something YOU like, not anyone else.

You really showed some skill there, though. Well done.

I have to ask, though....Why were Mickey, Goofy, and Donald hung? Hmmmmmm?

imagineer99

Main Street USA said:
Imagineer 99,

Hmmm, it IS Halloween...and your wallpaper is VERY good. The hanging characters is a bit much for a family board, though. In my opinion it would be just as effective without them, but you're welcome to leave them if you wish.

I would imagine it may hamper your opportunity to get many votes, but hey, this is about having fun and making something YOU like, not anyone else.

You really showed some skill there, though. Well done.

I have to ask, though....Why were Mickey, Goofy, and Donald hung? Hmmmmmm?

Zac, if I entered these contests with the sole goal of winning, well then, frankly I've really missed the point. I enter because I like making stuff for fun in photshop. If I win, that's just an added bonus.

I'm so tired of Disney santazing the creepiness of Halloween. I say, let the imagination run wild.

Plus, somebody already did jack-o-lanterns carved with park logos;)

As for why they were hanged?. Well, actually...it's there ghosts being hanged. It's a sadistic twist on the normal Disney-esque style.

If I receive ONE complaint from a disturbed child or family, it will be changed. Until then, let'em dangle.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Sounds good to me!

I think Disney respects the idea of family in their parks, so the six-flagsish/universal style of halloween just doesn't fly. There's plenty of ways to make the parks and property "fun creepy," and that's what I consider to be a classy way to handle the public as a whole, instead of catering to the teen - low 20's group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom