3/24 Mini AK Update - Everest painted/cranes

peter11435

Original Poster
STR8FAN2005 said:
Which resort is in the background of the first crane picture?
Thats not a Disney resort. That is the Orange Lake Resort and Country Club that is just off property.

uklad79

Maybe something to do with the drainage replacement project? Maybe lifting large pipes into place or from trucks into a storage area?

Tom

Beta Return
peter11435 said:
The cranes are definitly not for Western Way.

I agree. You can see in that pic of the bridge that they already have a crane for that bridge construction, and it is MUCH smaller than the two originally shown.

To require TWO cranes of that size means that the project is way bigger than a restaurant or even a bridge. Heck, the only time we ever see two cranes on a project is when it is a high-rise and requires two Tower-Cranes, not cherry-pickers like these.

I am interested to find out if anyone really does know what they're being used for. Perhaps they're just used at night to hoist man-buckets for painting EE. That's logical to have two that tall - for productivity, and the sheer height of EE.

EDIT: After looking at the pics again, I retract my comment about them being used for EE. They're too far away, and they'd obviously break them down during the day to prevent bad show. So they must be actually IN USE as we see them in the photos, or they're not on WDW property.

peter11435

Original Poster
Here are a few photos from DTD today.

Construction work begins at Pleasure Island

A new stitch sculpture has been installed above one of the entrances to the World of Disney Store. He spits water every 30 seconds or so. Both of the new sections of the store look like they will be open soon. They were doing the window displays today and there were many people inside both working and stocking shelves.

CaptainMichael

peter11435 said:
Thats not a Disney resort. That is the Orange Lake Resort and Country Club that is just off property.
Ok, you've officially confused me. If I'm looking behind Asia, shouldn't I be looking into Disney property or do the park maps have me messed up?

peter11435

Original Poster
edwardtc said:
EDIT: After looking at the pics again, I retract my comment about them being used for EE. They're too far away, and they'd obviously break them down during the day to prevent bad show. So they must be actually IN USE as we see them in the photos, or they're not on WDW property.

I know they were being used while I was there because they were in different positions throughout the morning.

They are definitely on Disney property. They were literally like 30 feet from the Maharajah Jungle Trek. I could even see a wall/fence through the trees that had been put up in front of them.

peter11435

Original Poster
STR8FAN2005 said:
Ok, you've officially confused me. If I'm looking behind Asia, shouldn't I be looking into Disney property or do the park maps have me messed up?
The picture was taken from the top of Everest. Therefore it is on an angle. While the cranes were behind Asia the buildings you are talking about are the Northwest of AK. I'll try to post a map to show you.

Tom

Beta Return
peter11435 said:
I know they were being used while I was there because they were in different positions throughout the morning.

They are definitely on Disney property. They were literally like 30 feet from the Maharajah Jungle Trek. I could even see a wall/fence through the trees that had been put up in front of them.

Well good grief Charlie Brown! :lol:

So, whatever WDW is building is either really big, or covers a great expanse of land, or is two independent buildings that they want done at the same time. And the smallest cranes they could find were those two, ha!

wannab@dis

edwardtc said:
Well good grief Charlie Brown! :lol:

So, whatever WDW is building is either really big, or covers a great expanse of land, or is two independent buildings that they want done at the same time. And the smallest cranes they could find were those two, ha!
Just a thought... do you think Disney had an extended rental of the cranes for the construction on EE? If so, and they needed some work done, maybe they just used what they had already onsite?

peter11435

Original Poster
STR8FAN2005 said:
Ok this should help.

The green dot is EE and where I took the photo. The Yellow dot is about where the cranes are. The Red dot is the Orange lake resort seen in the photo. The blue line shows you the property border in that area. The area between the two purple lines is roughly what is seen in my photo.

CaptainMichael

peter11435 said:
Ok this should help.

The green dot is EE and where I took the photo. The Yellow dot is about where the cranes are. The Red dot is the Orange lake resort seen in the photo. The blue line shows you the property border in that area. The area between the two purple lines is roughly what is seen in my photo.

Thanks. They just didn't seem that far away.

SirNim

I smell Australia... :lookaroun

j/k Perhaps the cranes are improving the service infrastructure for either Everest or the new Asia restaurant... I'm really intrigued, considering their position. Then again, they may simply have a hand in the recent painting of the back of the mountain...

peter11435

Original Poster
SirNim said:
I smell Australia... :lookaroun

j/k Perhaps the cranes are improving the service infrastructure for either Everest or the new Asia restaurant... I'm really intrigued, considering their position. Then again, they may simply have a hand in the recent painting of the back of the mountain...
Its possible. But there is a third (yellow) crane behind EE that has been there for the past few days painting the backside of the mountain.

GothMickey

disneydude2000 said:
or maybe we'll have to get that beastly kingdom idea out of the closet again?:lookaroun

Just kidding!!!!!:sohappy:

SHHHHHH don't tell anyone.. Geez.. isn't anything a secret anymore????

GothMickey

peter11435 said:
Why won't you say?

Because nothing has been announced yet.. Wait until Everest's media day... A whole lot of something maybe finally move out of the REALM of FANTASY and into reality... Or, it may be a whole lot of nothing... :hammer:

Tom

Beta Return
wannab@dis said:
Just a thought... do you think Disney had an extended rental of the cranes for the construction on EE? If so, and they needed some work done, maybe they just used what they had already onsite?

That's a possibility - but cranes are hella expensive to rent. I'm sure they're for a dedicated purpose.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom