3/24 Mini AK Update - Everest painted/cranes

GothMickey

edwardtc said:
Attention everyone: I know exactly what the 5th gate will be, when they'll announce it and when they'll break ground - but I've been sworn to secrecy...in fact, there are two men in suits guarding my house to keep me safe. So, I'll be able to confirm that I was right the day after WDW announces it publicly - and then you'll all believe me!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

peter11435

Original Poster
Well I went to AK again this morning. And to my surprise both of the cranes are now gone. Who knows what they were there for and why they were there for such a short period of time?

peter11435

Original Poster
Some of the short construction walls in Camp Minnie-Mickey have come down. This area used to be a planter with a ton of plants and a couple of trees. it has now been paved over. It looks like they are working to make the FOTLK exit run smoother.

The new grass and mulch outside the park along the tram route. It looks 100% better than it used to.

Yellow tree

ReturnOfGhost

peter11435 said:
Well I went to AK again this morning. And to my surprise both of the cranes are now gone. Who knows what they were there for and why they were there for such a short period of time?

See, told you it was nothing...

ballewclan

Hey again guys, ok so i have a new theory. I connected two posts into one idea.

Most of you have seen the thread about the new everest lighting scheme, imagineersrock posted the pictures on the 22nd and Peter posted these on the 24. So what I'm possibly thinking is could they have been taking dramatic promotional photos for everest using the cranes? Or even some promotional videos of the mountain?

What do you guys think?

GoofyMom2

We were planning to be at AK on the 6th.....the day of the media event it now turns out to be.

How do you think this will affect a visit there that day? Do you think I should change around my plans to go a different day?

imagineersrock

GoofyMom2 said:
We were planning to be at AK on the 6th.....the day of the media event it now turns out to be.

How do you think this will affect a visit there that day? Do you think I should change around my plans to go a different day?
I'm hearing that Everest will most likely be closed all day to regular park guests on April 5th and 6th, and they are planning on reopening it to regular park guests at 2:00pm on Friday, April 7th.

imagineersrock

ballewclan said:
Hey again guys, ok so i have a new theory. I connected two posts into one idea.

Most of you have seen the thread about the new everest lighting scheme, imagineersrock posted the pictures on the 22nd and Peter posted these on the 24. So what I'm possibly thinking is could they have been taking dramatic promotional photos for everest using the cranes? Or even some promotional videos of the mountain?

What do you guys think?
I actually think that is a pretty good theory. Look at the size of those cranes---other than the purpose that you suggested, I can't really think of any other reason they would need cranes of that size. You'd think that any type of ground work would be using much smaller machines... these look like tools that would be used on really tall projects, and seeing as though there are no extremely tall structures behind Kali, my guess is that this isn't for a new "construction" project.

ballewclan

imagineersrock said:
I actually think that is a pretty good theory. Look at the size of those cranes---other than the purpose that you suggested, I can't really think of any other reason they would need cranes of that size. You'd think that any type of ground work would be using much smaller machines... these look like tools that would be used on really tall projects, and seeing as though there are no extremely tall structures behind Kali, my guess is that this isn't for a new "construction" project.

Also for the timeframe they were up and running, i would guess either a time lapse photography maybe for opening day showing it going from day to night, or just some sweeping shots of the mountain. Also they dont look like the cranes that carry items so its gotta be something light and quick that they used them for.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Just wanted to say - Thanks for all the pics. Very nice. Makes me wish I was at AK and DTD right now.

peter11435

Original Poster
ballewclan said:
Also for the timeframe they were up and running, i would guess either a time lapse photography maybe for opening day showing it going from day to night, or just some sweeping shots of the mountain. Also they dont look like the cranes that carry items so its gotta be something light and quick that they used them for.
The only problem I see with that theory is why would they have needed two.

peter11435

Original Poster
Yen_Sid1 said:
For everyone wondering about the cranes. It was for a repair for Kali River Rapids
Any idea what was wrong. I would think it had to be pretty major to require two large cranes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom