2nd showing of Fantasmic bad "show"

FutureWorld1982

And the Pocahontas segment is just embarrassing.

Interesting to see so many people saying this. I have seen both versions of Fantasmic!, and while I like Disneyland's a little bit more (the dragon is the real winner), I didn't find Peter Pan's segment to be good at all. You can basically partially see the scene depending on where you are standing. It goes by quite fast, and nothing really worthy happens there. I much prefer the Pocahontas segment.

yes don't go see it, that is exactly what i said, i love it. i think it is wonderful. i have been to Disneyland and fnd it all wonderful. Again if you don't like it stay away, as an AP just means less wait for me.

Matt_Black

Interesting to see so many people saying this. I have seen both versions of Fantasmic!, and while I like Disneyland's a little bit more (the dragon is the real winner), I didn't find Peter Pan's segment to be good at all. You can basically partially see the scene depending on where you are standing. It goes by quite fast, and nothing really worthy happens there. I much prefer the Pocahontas segment.

Yeah, I like the Pocahontas segment too. I can't explain why, but it just works for me.

Communicore

Yeah, I like the Pocahontas segment too. I can't explain why, but it just works for me.
It's funny because I was a CM during the Pocahontas era but I dunno why I don't like it. It just seems too weird for my tastes. Also didn't realize when I watched the MGM Fantasmic for the first time in 1999 that the boat was a Steamboat Willie, I thought it was just a "on the cheap" boat. I guess it can be argued that it is still an "on the cheap" boat.

Disney Analyst

Agreed the show is highly flawed with the mist screens... I think the issue with the Pocahontas scene is it isn't as big, kinetic, and grand as the Peter Pan scene.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
yes don't go see it, that is exactly what i said, i love it. i think it is wonderful. i have been to Disneyland and fnd it all wonderful. Again if you don't like it stay away, as an AP just means less wait for me.
So you 100% like everything you do with no potential for criticism? What a simple, wonderful life you must have.

Last edited:

Sam Magic

How about they use that flying dragon they've used, like, what, once?
And no one even saw it...

On another note, I always thought that if they took down that damn hat they could have a "Film premier" fire work show using the Graums. I guess I would enjoy that more, would be nice for Fantasmic to be updated, but I guess kill two birds with one stone. ;)

Matt_Black

So you 100% like everything you do with no potential for criticism? What a simple, wonderful life you must have.

yes i have a wonderful life, sorry for your misfortune, i would be happy to refer you for some help

popcorn-02-stephen-colbert.gif

You're like an adorable dog that just took a doodle on a rug. I want to be mad, but your naïveté is too endearing.
nope I m old and wise and take it for what it is worth, i can't control it i try and make it better for myself, being an PAP and having a child later in life (a daughter 5, i am 51) i appreciate and value the experience for her, the production things you complain about are just part of the show for her and she has that magical smile everytime we roll past the gate.

Sam Magic

nope I m old and wise and take it for what it is worth, i can't control it i try and make it better for myself, being an PAP and having a child later in life (a daughter 5, i am 51) i appreciate and value the experience for her, the production things you complain about are just part of the show for her and she has that magical smile everytime we roll past the gate.
I think some of us fans can truly forget how great the world is, we get caught up in all these mechanics and whether rides should be added or not and forget the magic...then again management should want to keep the magic alive and consistently repair and fix problems before guest notice them.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Oh, good golly. If that's the standard you hold Disney to, I hope she enjoys watching that exact same show for the rest of her life with no upgrades. Honestly, do you think she would like the show any less if there was MORE value? How can you watch what other parks are doing and NOT be annoyed? Unless you're just blissfully ignorant...

Oh, good golly. If that's the standard you hold Disney to, I hope she enjoys watching that exact same show for the rest of her life with no upgrades. Honestly, do you think she would like the show any less if there was MORE value? How can you watch what other parks are doing and NOT be annoyed? Unless you're just blissfully ignorant...
ignorance is bliss, Ebenezer

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom